FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Airdrie (h) Oct28th

tm4tj

Sat deep and let Airdrie play in front most of the time and was a difficult watch in that sense. However as said it has to be about getting points at the moment and a win is a win. We let them have a bit too much of the ball and gave up possession too easy in the second half and nearly paid the price for it. Got to think there is a lot more to come from the team and considering the current state of play a good fighting win 😃

• Agree 5

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Dundee Utd 10 7 3 0 28 4 24
2. Raith Rovers 9 6 2 1 14 9 20
3. Partick Thistle 10 4 3 3 19 16 15
4. Airdrieonians 10 4 1 5 9 14 13
5. Arbroath 9 4 0 5 15 17 12
6. Ayr United 10 4 0 6 12 18 12
7. Queens Park 11 3 3 5 14 22 12
8. Dunfermline 9 3 2 4 9 10 11
9. Inverness CT 9 2 2 5 7 10 8
10. Morton 9 2 2 5 9 16 8

To get 3 points from a mediocre performance is really good, Especially with Morton getting a win.  Wotherspoon did well and scoring a winner was a big bonus. I presume we had players out that were not quite fit. Airdrie did their usual high workmate harassment game to stop us playing with the result that Shaw and Longridge didn't really have much effect.  

• Agree 1

A terrific three points that we ground out in the end. It was squeaky but time in the second half when we retreated further and further back towards our eighteen yard box, it was probably in the players minds to protect their one goal lead, but it was hearts in mouths as we were under constant attack from Airdrie. What I couldn't fathom was we never left a player up at the halfway line when Airdrie had a corner, which meant we had no out ball when we cleared our lines, so the attacks kept coming. It's something the Duncan needs to address. 

It was a hard watch at times, with very little flowing football and our chances were few and far between. Wotherspoon took his goal well, after some good work from Shaw, after he had blown a great chance earlier. The subs certainly upset any rhythm that we had in the game, and it all seemed to happen after the ever improving Longstaff left the field. He is much more suited to the left side being very left footed. Harper continues to exasperate me with his continual back passes. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or that's just his game, but I just wish he would turn on the ball and run down the wing. I thought Anderson and Gilmore are looking better and better in the middle and Ujdur was solid at the back, with Ridgers in typically good form. Billy Mckay ran his socks off as per usual and Wotherspoon, playing just behind him seems a good addition to the team. Longstaff, Anderson, Shaw and Ujdur were the standouts for me.

For our next game, we will have to get our tactics and work rate spot on to get any result at the league leaders.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Even seeing the highlights you can see a change in the team where everyone is playing for each other and fighting for every ball which wasn’t the case before. 
Still a long way to go though but I am more positive than the way we started the season. 
Well done to all the team yesterday :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

Quite happy to take the points under any circumstances after the game at Airdrie where we gifted them 2 goals of a start and missed a hatful of chances. They’ve not got a great squad but Rhys McCabe has got them playing in the right way.

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Even seeing the highlights you can see a change in the team where everyone is playing for each other and fighting for every ball which wasn’t the case before. 

Yes definitely, although I think that was more noticeable in the Partick game a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, Robert said:

If we are without Carson, Duffy, Devine, Boyes, Ujdur, Harper and Nicolson, who on earth play at the back for us? Davidson and Delaney are the only defenders who are definitely available as we’ve loaned the youngsters out.

I really hope some make it or it could be a difficult watch tomorrow. 

The second half was a hard watch despite all the above except Nicolson being in the team or in the bench.

The club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/ictfc-1-0-airdrieonians-28-10-2023/

5 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Fingers crossed that the weekend derby tussle with the Pars didn’t take too much out of Raith - we could do with them giving Morton a right good humping tonight!

Raith 1 up after 26 minutes. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic