Our squad next season

A board member confirmed to me in the director's box after the Hamilton relegation game that Ferguson is on a six month notice period rather than the three year fixed contract he keeps referring to.  I've no reason to believe the director in question was lying or unaware of the deal. Utterly inconceivable that there wasn't a clause inserted in his contract that all bets were off in the event we were relegated. Well, when I say inconceivable that's on the assumption that the guy involved in negotiating said contract on our behalf wasn't a complete moron.  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

There’s no chance we’d be sticking with Ferguson if it wasn’t so expensive to get rid of him.

You have to wonder then why we gave him such a chunky contract given 1) our precarious financial situation even before he arrived and; 2) his non existent to rotten record as manager. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, RiG said:

You have to wonder then why we gave him such a chunky contract given 1) our precarious financial situation even before he arrived and; 2) his non existent to rotten record as manager. 

I assume because the battery farm was seen as a pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

We can also add failing to offer Roddy MacGregror a deal likely cost the club money even if he didn't sign it as we would have received a development fee for him had he turned us down. St Mirren did similar with Jay Henderson a year or so ago.

• Like 1

We are delighted to announce that six players have signed deals with the club.

Negotiations with a number of other players will continue this week, and next, and we hope to make further announcements in the coming days.

OK, ALL TOGETHER NOW …………..

I'm on my way from misery to happiness today
Ah-hah (Ah-hah), ah-hah (Ah-hah)
I'm on my way from misery to happiness today
Ah-hah (Ah-hah), ah-hah (Ah-hah)
I'm on my way to what I want from this club
And years from now we'll make it to the championship…….

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Exciting times! Do we now have an updated squad list to have a look at.

A squad depth chart by position might be handy if anyone knows their main positions. 

This is copied from today’s announcement. I’ve added their position, but may not have all the youngsters correct. No goalkeeper yet.

The club can confirm the following players are currently under contract for 2024/25 campaign.

Keith Bray midfielder

Adam Brooks striker

Ethan Cairns striker

Jake Davidson right back

Danny Devine centre half

Charlie Gilmour midfielder

Cameron Ferguson striker

Luis Longstaff winger

Calum MacLeod striker

Calum Mackay midfielder

Billy Mckay striker

Lewis Nicolson left back

Sam Nixon defender

Remi Savage centre half

Matthew Strachan defender

Robbie Thompson midfielder

Nikola Ujdur centre half

Jack Walker centre half

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Drake said:

Most of our fans sit in silence the entire match anyway at home so I don’t think they’d notice any difference. 

With the exception of utter outrage if the referee makes a perceived mistake

or

A slight cheer followed by 6 seconds of clapping if we score a goal. 

Welcome back Ross

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Someone posted a P&J article earlier saying we are expected to bring goalkeeper Jack Newman in on loan from Dundee United.

We will need another one though. 

Are you free on Saturday Robert? 

• Funny 2

We are still a long way from safety and stability for our club, and I am still nervous about investing in season tickets as there still seems to be so many secrets and withheld information, but I am so pleased that we are moving forward at last. 

This is going to be so different to what we are used to, but everything was so depressing and hopeless by the end of the season that a fresh start is needed. We didn't get everything on the wish list -  DF is still here at present and SG-who knows?, but we aren't going to the central belt and I hope that the young lads signed up today will give their best for the club and be mentored well by the players who remain.

Now we just need that goal keeper - I know of one or two that live very nearby.

C,mon ICT.:ictscarf:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

We are still a long way from safety and stability for our club, and I am still nervous about investing in season tickets as there still seems to be so many secrets and withheld information, but I am so pleased that we are moving forward at last. 

This is going to be so different to what we are used to, but everything was so depressing and hopeless by the end of the season that a fresh start is needed. We didn't get everything on the wish list -  DF is still here at present and SG-who knows?, but we aren't going to the central belt and I hope that the young lads signed up today will give their best for the club and be mentored well by the players who remain.

Now we just need that goal keeper - I know of one or two that live very nearby.

C,mon ICT.:ictscarf:

I think you have cracked it Hedgehog.  Scott Gardiner in goals.................he must be good at something :lol: 

• Funny 4

11 hours ago, IBM said:

I think you have cracked it Hedgehog.  Scott Gardiner in goals.................he must be good at something :lol: 

Scott Gardiner as a moving target more like. Anyone thought about a nice day trip to the firing ranges ... ooops he stepped in front of me ... honest guv.

• Disagree 3

Austin Samuels was not on the list Robert posted earlier.  He confirmed on X yesterday that he has left the club.  Reading between the lines, it sounds as though he is not happy with the club, however, he does say "but the support I got from the fans was always amazing".  I for one am certainly very sorry to see him leave the club and wish him all the best for the future.

• Agree 2