Our squad next season

9 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

He's on holiday, due back this week. I have a feeling he will resign.

He should have had those conversations before he went, but hey-ho, he's on a reputed six figure salary so what does he care about players, especially those he didn't sign or loan-in.  

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 2
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

He's on holiday, due back this week. I have a feeling he will resign.

If he has any dignity, he will. What a complete waste of money he's turned out to be. Our performances in the playoffs should've been enough for him to walk! 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

Folk should be down the stadium with pitch forks demanding those in charge come out and face them. What an absolute shambles. I'm embarrassed to say I support this team right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

Personally I thought we may have had a demonstration outside the ground by now with media coverage. That would definitely pile the pressure on for a statement.

• Like 2

Today is yet another very sad day, embarrassing for the club and everyone who has treated the players so disgracefully should hang their heads in shame.

I’d like to join others in showing my appreciation for everything those leaving have done for the club. We know about Mark Ridgers, Cammy Harper, Wallace Duffy and Cammy MacKay. Best wishes to each of them and all other players in the same situation. 

• Agree 7
  • Well Said 6

Let's make the probably rather rash assumption that we will actually have a team next season.  The dreadful way the club is treating our players means there will hardly be any Inverness based players left.  That means we will need to recruit more from elsewhere.  But that will be a problem because the Board told us that was too expensive due to accommodation costs!

But don't worry, folks.  I think I know someone who might have a solution :slapme:

• Funny 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, GaliantGrunt said:

We wouldn’t necessary need to recruit from elsewhere. Recruit the plenty and willing lads from the local area.

If the local lads have any sense they will avoid us like the plague. We have quite the history of mismanagement of players.

I am sure we could field a team of local lads next season, but I can't see we could field a team of local lads who would be good enough to stay in league one.  They would certainly play for the shirt though.  Frankly, if that was the scenario being offered by a new regime, I would bite your hand off to have that just now.  The club would then have a couple of years to mend relationships with the fans, local businesses and the wider community.  That would form a solid foundation for strengthening the team and moving forward in a sustainable and responsible way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Cant offer contracts if the club dont have any money and without knowing the level of ST sales, it'll be very difficult to budget a playing staff with certainty of being able to pay through the whole season - a fact not lost on agents and players.

Dont buy this whole idea that local 'lads' will be the best option and will offer more pride because they grew up nearby, given our small fanbase I'd suggest most are probably still subject to the Scottish curse of following 'big teams'

There's going to be a real wake up call for many fans when they see the quality of team we can field with our youth or local talent if it comes to fruition and they should brace themselves for League 2 rather than be looking upwards.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

55 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Cant offer contracts if the club dont have any money and without knowing the level of ST sales, it'll be very difficult to budget a playing staff with certainty of being able to pay through the whole season - a fact not lost on agents and players.

You are right, you can't make firm offers... but you can have the decency to talk to people like Mark Ridgers and other squad members and say exactly what he has already stated. I.E. let them know if they are wanted or not, but temper that by telling them you can't make an offer until you know what's happening. Is that too much to ask?   The guy is literally pleading for the club to tell him they want him, so he has an excuse to stay and we haven't bothered our @rse to speak to any of them by the sound of it.  

• Agree 2

If his contract has expired then he is free to talk to anyone else or if its coming to expiry then equally it would be prudent to do so. While I agree its poor the club cannot be transparent, this is not unique to football.

I'd expect a large number of people who have had contracted roles within the private sector would see this as the norm. The assumption by default is that if there is no new offer on the table by the time of expiry then that resource is not required.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

If his contract has expired then he is free to talk to anyone else or if its coming to expiry then equally it would be prudent to do so. While I agree its poor the club cannot be transparent, this is not unique to football.

I'd expect a large number of people who have had contracted roles within the private sector would see this as the norm. The assumption by default is that if there is no new offer on the table by the time of expiry then that resource is not required.

That's fine unless you operate in an environment which relies heavily on reputation, goodwill and common decency.

Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself and all that.

• Agree 4

40 minutes ago, STFU said:

That's fine unless you operate in an environment which relies heavily on reputation, goodwill and common decency.

Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself and all that.

Indeed and for a board who complained it was impossible to bring players up here so that the football side would have to move to Kelty, this is hardly making it appealing to any future players! 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Indeed and for a board who complained it was impossible to bring players up here so that the football side would have to move to Kelty, this is hardly making it appealing to any future players! 

On the player side of this sorry affair, that is the absolutely central issue… and a painful irony. A huge fuss is made about difficulty attracting players to the club and at the same time, there’s this flood of  accounts of how badly the current ones are being treated. I can’t imagine that Inverness Caledonian Thistle is currently being touted as the “go-to” club on the professional footballers’ grapevine.

Am I hearing correctly that the club’s longest serving player, Aaron Doran, had a medical procedure for his latest injury cancelled by the club at the last minute - apparently for financial reasons?

EDIT - Yup… just spotted it on another thread.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

An excerpt from P&J

Doran 'can't even run after his kids'

He said "I have had two surgeries booked in by the physio, Dan (Cluett), for May 22 and May 29, and the club cancelled them both"

"I got injured on April 19 and the scan showed I had a ruptured ACL and the consultant said I needed surgery.  Then I had a meeting with the club.  One of the directors is a retired knee surgeon (Panos Thomas), and one of the options put forward was I should try and rehab it - but you can't rehab a ruptured ACL and try to play professional football."

[Apparently, after cancelling it, they said they would pay for it in June, but they haven't yet, hospital is wanting payment, and he is going to have to pay for it himself if he doesn't get a reply this week].

Shane Sutherland on X not exactly holding back!

• Like 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Well Said 1

I would normally expect a fit, active adult in their early thirties who had sustained an ACL rupture and who saw an NHS orthopaedic consultant to (after a long wait, of course!) get an ACL repair - regardless of whether they are a professional athlete or not. Having a ruptured ACL and a potentially unstable knee has ramifications for any sort of physical activity, both recreational and as part of employment - and also results in an increased risk of osteoarthritis in the knee within the next decade or two.

So for Aaron to be told - by a retired orthopaedic surgeon, no less - "to try and rehab it" - well...draw your own conclusions as to why that was suggested to him as an option.

Every day I think that nothing about this club and the current situation could appal me any more...and yet every day they manage to outdo themselves.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I would normally expect a fit, active adult in their early thirties who had sustained an ACL rupture and who saw an NHS orthopaedic consultant to (after a long wait, of course!) get an ACL repair - regardless of whether they are a professional athlete or not. Having a ruptured ACL and a potentially unstable knee has ramifications for any sort of physical activity, both recreational and as part of employment - and also results in an increased risk of osteoarthritis in the knee within the next decade or two.

So for Aaron to be told - by a retired orthopaedic surgeon, no less - "to try and rehab it" - well...draw your own conclusions as to why that was suggested to him as an option.

Every day I think that nothing about this club and the current situation could appal me any more...and yet every day they manage to outdo themselves.

I'm hoping the local reporters reach out to Tom Walsh and see how his treatment plan went....I'm guessing same as Shane and Aaron

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I was rather gobsmacked when I read that too.  Surgical repair is almost always the treatment for ruptured ACL injuries.  Panos Thomas may have an extremely impressive CV in relation to knee injuries in sport, but if the club has referred Aaron to to a currently practicing orthopaedic surgeon, one would have expected the club to act on the professional advice of that surgeon.  At the end of the day, it is Aaron's body we are talking about.  If he wants to follow the route advised by the surgeon to whom the club has referred him, then the club should be actively supporting him in that.

• Agree 1

Gk?                               Davidson   Walker  Devine Strachan

Thompson   Gilmour Macleod 

Bray             Mackay         Longstaff

If we have a team next season this is how we could look using the talented youngsters I’ve seen play. Assuming these players are still under contract 

Edited by LisleRightPeg