Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Time for another book, Charles?  Written from the fans' point of view, and titled "Against All Frauds" :lol:

Brilliant, snorbens! 😂

I actually thought briefly about another book a few days ago, but ruled it out fairly quickly - largely because, unlike in the 1990s when a great deal of the action took place in the public domain and I had been much more directly involved with all the parties from the start, a lot this time has been subject to commercial confidentiality and some important parties involved would also be unprepared to cooperate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Brilliant, snorbens! 😂

I actually thought briefly about another book a few days ago, but ruled it out fairly quickly - largely because, unlike in the 1990s when a great deal of the action took place in the public domain and I had been much more directly involved with all the parties from the start, a lot this time has been subject to commercial confidentiality and some important parties involved would also be unprepared to cooperate.

I think the next 'book' would be more suited to comic format.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 6:31 AM, STFU said:

Povlsen only acquired the NC500 brand in 2019.  It was the North Highland Initiative (established by King Charles) that came up with and implemented the original idea.

As I understand it Povlsen is trying to undo and lessen some of the negative impacts.  Although that would seem like trying to put the Genie back in the bottle.

A discussion for another topic.

@old caley girl did you disagree or just not like being corrected?

My boss just pointed out that the club have said they would keep training at Fort George but not that all training would be at Fort George.

Might they be considering a hybrid setup and would this explain why nobody has told Kelty the deal is off?

• Thoughtful 1

3 minutes ago, STFU said:

I think the next 'book' would be more suited to comic format.

Well, the last club book was Ian Broadfoot's brilliant book to celebrate ICT's first 25 years - "Milestones and Memories".  Given that everything has gone tits up since then, it could, perhaps be called "Millstones and Mammaries"?

(With apologies for any offence this rather non PC suggestion may cause.  Sorry, I couldn't resist!  :smile:)

• Funny 1

These constant rumours and counter rumours are becoming so, so feckin annoying - and I am not referring to another fairy tale book. Surely somebody / anybody at the club can see that this secrecy is just doing more and more damage. And more worryingly who is looking at the playing squad for next season and where is Big Dunc ? 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Well, the last club book was Ian Broadfoot's brilliant book to celebrate ICT's first 25 years - "Milestones and Memories".  Given that everything has gone tits up since then, it could, perhaps be called "Millstones and Mammaries"?

(With apologies for any offence this rather non PC suggestion may cause.  Sorry, I couldn't resist!  :smile:)

You really are a tit.

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)

Just reading in media that Kelty are saying ICT haven't told them the deal is off.... Do we have the worst communication of all the clubs in Scotland?

Surely it's just common decency.

Edited by robbo1985
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Just reading in media that Kelty are saying ICT havent told them the deal is off.... Do we have the worst communication of all the clubs in Scotland?

Another example of just how badly run the Club is. If CEO is working his notice, surely that would be one of the issues he should be sorting out. Shambles upon shambles!!!!!! 

• Agree 2

Radio Scotland did a piece this afternoon  on our predicament, as Charles had mentioned. It included him and a couple of fans including Moff from the podcast.

No real news, as nothing at all is coming out of the club at the moment much to everyone’s frustration, but Moff indicated a belief that Wednesday is administration day unless an investment completes before then. It was also suggested from his discussion with a football finance expert for the next pod that it is 50/50 whether there will even a club at the end of this.

• Sad 1

Just now, Yngwie said:

Radio Scotland did a piece this afternoon  on our predicament, as Charles had mentioned. It included him and a couple of fans including Moff from the podcast.

No real news, as nothing at all is coming out of the club at the moment much to everyone’s frustration, but Moff indicated a belief that Wednesday is administration day unless an investment completes before then. It was also suggested from his discussion with a football finance expert for the next pod that it is 50/50 whether there will even a club at the end of this.

I also thought Charles mentioning recent threats to the local press indicate Scot Gardiner very much still running the show? He has previous for this I'm told 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That was pretty nearly half an hour of airtime on Caley Thistle this afternoon.

I have to say that I thought that Andrew and Nathan were absolutely superb on the programme - articulate, extremely well informed, passionate about the club and, in common with many other fans I’ve rubbed shoulders with recently - a credit to ICT!

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

20 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

That was pretty nearly half an hour of airtime on Caley Thistle this afternoon.

I have to say that I thought that Andrew and Nathan were absolutely superb on the programme - articulate, extremely well informed, passionate about the club and, in common with many other fans I’ve rubbed shoulders with recently - a credit to ICT!

A good listen Charles.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:35 PM, dougal said:

If I had a choice I’d read mein kampf before another weasel publication 

Dougal

Bought a book for you..

IMG_0466bore.thumb.PNG.0689d2273cbff5b071ead232c3bfe592.PNG

• Funny 6

So what happens now?

The Kelty move has been aborted.

Gardiner has resigned, supposedly.

We wanted rid of Big Dunc too, but we seem to have accepted that he'll stay now.

Season tickets aren't available yet - presumably the proposed boycott is off and we can snap them up as soon as they become available.

But what about donations to the club via the Supporters' Trust? Are we hoping to build up a stockpile of dosh that will be so irresistible to the club that they will embrace the Trust and work together?

Has the Club reached out to the Supporters' Trust yet or do they continue to ignore them?

And what can we, the bemused supporters do to help to secure the future of the club?

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dougiedanger said:

What’s this about threats to the press?

Charles mentioned that there had been a letter sent to the various media outlets in Inverness that if there were to be interviews given outwith the club giving permission there would be repercussions.

Some personal thoughts: Eh what on earth?! Who thinks that is acceptable? I'll presume there was no name on it but we can all guess which person did it.

I took from Kenny MacIntyre's input that the BBC in Glasgow received the same letter? Also tellingly someone (maybe him) said the normal people who do the talking are keeping quiet, think we can also all make an educated guess as to who that is.

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, buckett said:

So what happens now?

We wanted rid of Big Dunc too, but we seem to have accepted that he'll stay now.

Season tickets aren't available yet - presumably the proposed boycott is off and we can snap them up as soon as they become available.

But what about donations to the club via the Supporters' Trust? Are we hoping to build up a stockpile of dosh that will be so irresistible to the club that they will embrace the Trust and work together?

Has the Club reached out to the Supporters' Trust yet or do they continue to ignore them?

And what can we, the bemused supporters do to help to secure the future of the club?

Any suggestions?

I’ve been thinking the same. I’ve joined the Trust + also made a small donation but I worry it’s all in vain? We’ve had no further information from the club so how can we do anything that has a positive impact on the club. I feel for all the players and staff who probably know nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaky Blinder said:

If the lowest figure quoted £5k per week and it's only for the weeks played and not 52 for the year for Fergusons wages we were still robbed last season :swear:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Caleyjag said:

Charles mentioned that there had been a letter sent to the various media outlets in Inverness that if there were to be interviews given outwith the club giving permission there would be repercussions.

Some personal thoughts: Eh what on earth?! Who thinks that is acceptable? I'll presume there was no name on it but we can all guess which person did it.

I took from Kenny MacIntyre's input that the BBC in Glasgow received the same letter? Also tellingly someone (maybe him) said the normal people who do the talking are keeping quiet, think we can also all make an educated guess as to who that is.

Pretty outrageous stuff, beggars belief this guy is allowed to 'work his notice', basically given time to cover up the utter shitshow that he has created.

The credulity and all round cluelessness of the rest of the board in allowing this all to happen means that each and every one of them should be oot the door too.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

9 minutes ago, dougiedanger said:

Pretty outrageous stuff, beggars belief this guy is allowed to 'work his notice', basically given time to cover up the utter shitshow that he has created.

The credulity and all round cluelessness of the rest of the board in allowing this all to happen means that each and every one of them should be oot the door too.

Indeed.  But the problem is, that if there are people being chucked oot the door, you need to have some folk willing to come in the door.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, buckett said:

So what happens now?

Any suggestions?

Before any of the things you mention happen, a new buyer or investor will need to be found. This needs to happen very soon. If not the a club will go into administration. The running of the Club then falls to them and they begin paying off creditors etc with the Clubs assets(what ever they are), and seeing if there is any viable business left. My fear is they ask for season ticket money, that pays for whatever …. and we still go bust! 

• Like 1