Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

You've got to feel for Ridgers and all the other lads left in the dark by our illustrious board and CEO. Despite the turmoil the lack of basic communication is really quite appalling.  I was optimistic that a white knight would arrive to save the day but we're certainly making a pretty good fist of looking very much like a club going out of business.

• Agree 4

I only hope that all those who's future employment at the club now looks doubtful, realise that our thoughts are with them. But this won't help them to put food on the table and this carry-on must be unbearable. As for Ridgers, if he reads these posts, I hope he knows how highly regarded he is amongst the fans. He has been an amazing servant to ICT and has given us so much joy over the years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 7
  • Thoughtful 1

With Wallace Duffy now posting he is away, because no-one spoke to him all season about a new deal so he assumed he was heading out the door anyway, then again, it is really bad man management.  It's the job of a football manager or the DoF to sit these players down at some point in the season and either put an offer on the table or let them know they will not be offered a contract. Anything else is sheer cowardice and disrespectful. If the manager is on holiday then this is something that must be done before he starts that. Anything else is f***ing ignorant.  

If we take what Ridgers has said, then he's not even looking for the details, he is just looking for someone to say "look, we want to keep you here, you are a great servant to the club, but we simply don't know what or how much we can offer you. We will understand if you seek employment elsewhere, but as and when we know what's happening, we will offer you what we can". Thats does not seem unreasonable, nor does it bind the club to anything, but it at least lets their (former) employees know they are still wanted if something can be sorted out.     

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 5

36 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

I might be in the minority but still got a feeling Savage and others will save the day. Maybe i'm just trying to convince myself!

Got a back of the mind feeling that he'll come in at the eleventh hour if nobody else does.

• Funny 1
  • Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I think Gardiner has had aspirations for ICT to be like The Rangers.  So he is currently tying up some loose ends that will put us into liquidation.

Would that include launching an orange strip on the 12th of July?😩

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Would that include launching an orange strip on the 12th of July?😩

Can you use freedom of information laws to see Gardiner's c.v.? That would be a best seller on the comedy lists. Bob Servant, eat your heart out.

• Funny 1
  • Thoughtful 1

49 minutes ago, robbylad said:

Can you use freedom of information laws to see Gardiner's c.v.? That would be a best seller on the comedy lists. Bob Servant, eat your heart out.

Sadly the law only relates to public bodies.  Almost certainly the Insolvency Practioner has  got an insight but slippery characters know how to slither away and re-invent themselves. However, his Linkedin profile is very respectable and well supported.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I think Gardiner has had aspirations for ICT to be like The Rangers.  So he is currently tying up some loose ends that will put us into liquidation.

It’s the only thing he hasn’t done yet to ruin our club .!!!

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I don't share that confidence in handing over a large sum of money at moment 

I don't see why anyone would want to hand over money to the club right now with the very real threat of administration on the cards. Fine if you have money burning a hole in your pocket but I suspect that won't be the case for a lot of people. Which makes Grassa's comments the other day (about asking ICT fans to dig deep now the Kelty move is off) all the more bizarre to me. Even if fans did want to support the club how can they? We don't know anything about STs for next season! 

Edited by RiG
Hand over not have over.
  • Well Said 3

2 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Season tickets on sale in a couple of days….. we aren’t going bust!

With Gardiner still here . Good luck with that one . He needs to be miles away from the club before I contribute anything that helps to prolong him being here . 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

If fans were to put anything in just now it would be spun to look like a show of confidence in those still at the club and nothing could be further from the truth.

• Agree 6
  • Well Said 3

Why would anybody buy a season ticket just now?  We have no idea if there will even be a team to watch next season, and the likelihood is that the money would basically go straight into the administrator's pockets as their fee for winding the club up?  What the Board and insolvency advisors need to know is that there is a willingness from the fans to buy season tickets and spend money if administration can be avoided with new management at the helm.  The Supporters Trust's recent survey demonstrated there is a significant sum available.  I, and no doubt many others, will be happy to put more money into the club than the sum I indicated in the survey.  Fans are more than willing to dig deep to support our club, but first,  it is vital that the club is under new and far more competent management.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Where are you seeing this? It’s not, as of 1030 on Tue 11.6., on the club’s website or Facebook page.

Neither is the resignation of the Chairman or the CEO or a great many other things 🤣

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

The way the club are treating players is that bad and that is the likely reason for other players not wanting to come here over the last few seasons. 
I would have thought they would have medical insurance to cover this.