Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

8 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

I don’t really care if people are holding back their money for season tickets, but this seems like really poor logic to me. Gardiner gets his money regardless. 

And whilst he is still in the building he still has influence hence people not wanting to purchase. If he was put out on Garden leave and unable to influence things then I think fans would feel happy about giving up their hard-earned cash. The board have the power to do that. We have the power to influence the board into doing that. No money until Gardiner is out the building and on Garden leave.

• Agree 5
  • Facepalm 2

39 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

For the board?

Obvious really - Duncan only has enough players for 4 a side unless Grassa can still stroll though a game and the club loan Gary Bollan a pair of Bobby Mann's shorts from the club museum.

A little over three weeks before our first competitive game of the season and we've not started training, no signings, no word on players coming or going from last season and the manager is MIA. What a club! 😍

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

A little over three weeks before our first competitive game of the season and we've not started training, no signings, no word on players coming or going from last season and the manager is MIA. What a club! 😍

Just curious where the rest of league one are at? Are they all back with full squads available?

Not starting preseason till next week is not so strange when you consider our season ended a fortnight later than most other clubs'. From social media it appears that most clubs returned to training this week.

However the lack of any news on signings/player releases and our manager disappearing off the face of the earth are hugely concerning. It'll be hard to do preseason without a goalkeeper, for a start.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Just curious where the rest of league one are at? Are they all back with full squads available?

Not sure. I think Alloa and QotS are already back and training but you might think that as one the few (possibly the only I can't recall right now) full time teams in the league we might be back sooner than others.

Let’s face it the fans have been in the dark with everything and nothing is going to change in that respect as long as S G is still around …..I am trying to believe that on the 13th of July we will have a team including a goalie.for our first game . We need to believe at this stage and pray it all comes to fruition.🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 3

It is difficult to make signings when there is still no word about the future management structure and financing of the club.  Even if we have a manager (and we are not actually sure we do) there will be no identified budget to allow contracts to be offered.  Every day that passes without firm news increases the worry.

Friday's anonymous statement sounded encouraging, but was the mention of "hugely positive discussions with a number of potential investors" the truth or simply a sop to encourage some people to part with their money?  Apart from Ross Morrison, the club's management is still the same Board and the same CEO who thought it was a good idea to move to Kelty and to do so without discussing it at all with their contracted Inverness based players?  Do they really expect anyone to trust a word they say? 

If the old guard care anything for the club, they will be doing all they possibly can to facilitate the transfer of control to those willing to invest in the club.  If that transfer of control is not completed by the end of this week, I fear it might be too late to get a team on the park on the first day of the season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

On 6/19/2024 at 10:05 AM, DoofersDad said:

It is difficult to make signings when there is still no word about the future management structure and financing of the club.  Even if we have a manager (and we are not actually sure we do) there will be no identified budget to allow contracts to be offered.  Every day that passes without firm news increases the worry.

Friday's anonymous statement sounded encouraging, but was the mention of "hugely positive discussions with a number of potential investors" the truth or simply a sop to encourage some people to part with their money?  Apart from Ross Morrison, the club's management is still the same Board and the same CEO who thought it was a good idea to move to Kelty and to do so without discussing it at all with their contracted Inverness based players?  Do they really expect anyone to trust a word they say? 

If the old guard care anything for the club, they will be doing all they possibly can to facilitate the transfer of control to those willing to invest in the club.  If that transfer of control is not completed by the end of this week, I fear it might be too late to get a team on the park on the first day of the season.

Agree on just about everything you say DD. Communications with the fans in the next three weeks is key and I understand the few people brought in the assist the board know this. Let’s hope something more informative appears this coming weekend. 
It’s a hard one to call for the fans given the uncertainty at the club. A lot will be reluctant to buy ST not knowing whether there will be a club in a month’s time. A statement providing sufficient evidence that investment or funding (from whatever individuals, organisations or groups) could go a long way to swing fans towards buying ST.

The other elephant in the room is SG. I believe the board would like to expedite SG’s departure, however it may be his contract is something in his favour and he holds all the cards. So we (the fans) may have to accept his presence around the club until the board can uncouple him. Really this will come down to a financial settlement in my opinion.

Ultimately for me I will buy a ST when an announcement on administration is off the table and SG is gone. Until then I will attend each match to help show support for the club in my own little way. 

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

Ultimately for me I will buy a ST when an announcement administration is off the table and SG is gone. Until then I will attend each match to help show support for the club in my own little way. 

That's the best way to do it Cherly 👍 I like the new strips and will buy for the grandkids when the day of reckoning happens. I bet there are a lot of people talking a similar stance and the club should beade aware of this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

In the P and J today  'Mark Ridgers still open to Caley Thistle talks after turning down three offers from other SPFL clubs'  https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6506669/mark-ridgers-still-open-to-caley-thistle-talks-after-three-offers/

Surely someone at the Club could let the out of contract players and some staff, who are now potentially on the dole, know if there is any chance of future employment? 

• Like 2

'....we now respectfully ask the supporters to rally around the team and the management, and a squad which will feature more Inverness and Highland players than we have had for many a long year and if ever we need the fans, it is now.'

Maybe the Trust could ask the Club which team and management including squad we are rallying around. How can we currently rally around ......silence?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

In the P and J today  'Mark Ridgers still open to Caley Thistle talks after turning down three offers from other SPFL clubs'  https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6506669/mark-ridgers-still-open-to-caley-thistle-talks-after-three-offers/

Surely someone at the Club could let the out of contract players and some staff, who are now potentially on the dole, know if there is any chance of future employment? 

The man has literally told the club in several different articles to "come sign me". He is showing blind loyalty to a club that day-by-day erodes and ultimately does not deserve the respect he is showing it. FFS, sign him or at least tell him you want to and then figure out the details when the dust settles. A 1 month or 2-month contract (up to before the end of transfer window) so everyone has options and a get out clause in case things don't quite work out.  

If anyone actually wants to play for us then (very) short-term contracts may be the way to go until certain individuals have left the building and others have entered.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

The man has literally told the club in several different articles to "come sign me". He is showing blind loyalty to a club that day-by-day erodes and ultimately does not deserve the respect he is showing it. FFS, sign him or at least tell him you want to and then figure out the details when the dust settles. A 1 month or 2-month contract (up to before the end of transfer window) so everyone has options and a get out clause in case things don't quite work out.  

If anyone actually wants to play for us then (very) short-term contracts may be the way to go until certain individuals have left the building and others have entered.   

His Mrs works for the club which is why he's wanting to stay which you can understand . Fair play to him for being loyal but I hope he's not led up the garden path 

• Like 1