Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I'm a Trust member not a board member. The Trust is regulated by the FCA and for community benefit. A read through the rules might help? 

The Trust holds the fans voting right and thus votes on behalf of members. It is not a supporters club as some think but obviously the larger the membership the more representative of the fanbase it is. As said above the ST did a very comprehensive survey of ALL fans last year. 

If you are a member and not happy then maybe communicate with the board? 

Tbh I hope the fan base stays united as this has worked so far. Sniping at other fans doing their best will only help the dark powers at club 

It’s not sniping…….its an observation that the Trust aims & ambitions don’t seem to have any detail on the mechanics of how to collate the opinions of the fans they represent. The match day survey was a good initiative, is that the means to gather wider opinion? If so you don’t need to be a Trust member necessarily. I may become a Trust member, but when I hear others say they have information from the Club to allay fears and then fail to pass that on, or even explain why they can’t, I have trouble trusting the Trust.

• Thoughtful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

It’s not sniping…….its an observation that the Trust aims & ambitions don’t seem to have any detail on the mechanics of how to collate the opinions of the fans they represent. The match day survey was a good initiative, is that the means to gather wider opinion? If so you don’t need to be a Trust member necessarily. I may become a Trust member, but when I hear others say they have information from the Club to allay fears and then fail to pass that on, or even explain why they can’t, I have trouble trusting the Trust.

I don't think there is anything suggesting the Trust are untrustworthy? There is no evidence that they areknow much more than us? I know we are all fed up and impatient but all of this is on the club? The silence is deafening! As for joining I'd ask you to do so as numbers are definitely power going forward 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

Let's hope that tomorrow we have some sort of clue as to who might be actually playing for us next season and whether Dunc is returning. Without any sort of background information this will just explode our frustration yet again - but I'm not holding my breath 🫣

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Let's hope that tomorrow we have some sort of clue as to who might be actually playing for us next season and whether Dunc is returning. Without any sort of background information this will just explode our frustration yet again - but I'm not holding my breath 🫣

image.gif.69a7c729eccdc8a59e6653a91f636d56.gif

I've had and still have some concerns with the supporters trust but some of the recent comments on this thread are a bit out of order.

If they have agreed to receive information in confidentiality then I don't think they should be sharing it.  It would have been good to get a bit more on what kind of assurances they had received along with the statement that was a complete u-turn on the feeling of fans at the most recent meeting even if that didn't have any detail.

They may currently find themselves stuck between a rock and a very hard place.  Their encouraging of fans to spend money with the club on season tickets and merchandise might also come back to bite them and ruin their standing with fans.Their total silence since that statement is also concerning.  All that said I don't think it's right to be intimating they can't be trusted.  Noting has happened to justify that.

I fall in the camp of people still refusing to buy my season ticket or any merchandise but I also hope the supporters trust were right to back a call to do so.

All fans want the same thing even if we might disagree on the way we go about it.  The last thing we need is to be divided and fighting among ourselves.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2
  • Facepalm 2

Well, The Trust are in the Courier now stating they haven't seen any progress since being given assurances almost two weeks ago.

That is hugely worrying and disheartening.  

The board were clearly content to let the club wither, that much is clear, but now they seem to be signing the DNR form.

Why won't they constructively work towards a transition to new ownership given their "cry for help"?.

They must have their motives.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

As someone suggested earlier, it does smack of petulance.

But I can't help wondering now, would it be to the advantage of certain individuals if the club were to be wound up?

Can they just, metaphorically, take the money and run?

Edited by buckett
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

On a slightly different note, has anyone heard anything r.e. player sponsorships? Sponsored Niko this/last season, but haven't got a slice of information since Keith emailing me the confirmation email back in October

No. But as long as a certain individual remains in the building won’t be sponsoring anyone.