FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae - Major Doubt with Work Permit

Kind of Blue

There is a major problem with the granting of a work permit due to Marius not having played enough international games over the last 2 year.  I'm afraid to say that there is a major doubt as to him being granted a permit.  The club is now taken legal advice and will ask for an appeal to take place if he does not get a permit.

This is not a wind up, and the story will go public tomorrow.

There is a major problem with the granting of a work permit due to Marius not having played enough international games over the last 2 year.  I'm afraid to say that there is a major doubt as to him being granted a permit.  The club is now taken legal advice and will ask for an appeal to take place if he does not get a permit.

Surely that only applies to non-EU players?

Edit: Just read the Home office link on the other thread, it seems this restriction is in place. 

Guest TinCanFan

How did you find that out?

Guest TinCanFan

Surely it's as simple as sending away for the work permit and then it comes and I don't see any reason why the work permit would be refused.

Surely it's as simple as sending away for the work permit and then it comes and I don't see any reason why the work permit would be refused.

no its not that simple - read the links on the other thread

[quote author=Kind of Blue link=topic=4208.msg64244#msg64244 date=1185474936]

I don't know if it's something resulting from the site update but, assuming you did post this at 19:35 today, then I doubt the story will go public tomorrow given that it went public today  :017:

Indeed news first broke of this on Wednesday night.

D'oh  :029:

He's only played 2 internationals in nearly 3 years.

Hopefully we can appeal??

Sebo is gash - yet he got a work permit - it has to be harder to get into the Romanian national team than the Slovakian one

How come Hearts managed to get work permits for their United Nation of players? Are they all internationals??

They even signed that Romanian wonderkid Dumitru Copil from under the noses of Celtic last year. Does he need a w.p.???

This canna be true...   Bamba got a permit for Pars, he aint even played a full international game!

How many foreigners play in Britain without having played internationals?

There must be loads in England! Being a Liverpool fan, Luis Garcia jumps to mind. He made his Spain debut AFTER he moved to Liverpool, and we had other players like Antonio Nunez and Josemi who still haven't played for Spain. And youngsters like all the ones at Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas hadn't played for Spain before he signed for Arsenal.

I must be missing something??

We can argue rules and facts round in circles, at the end of the day it is up to the Home Office and is, from what I can gather, a judgment call as opposed to any firm and hardfast rules (for footballers) - IMO, the precedent was set for the signing of Romanian and Bulgarian players when Hearts were granted a work permit for that young Bulgarian lad at the start of the year (Branimir Kostadinov).  He hadn't so much as kicked a ball professionally and he was granted a permit.  With that in mind I fail to see how they could deny a permit to a player with a proven and succesful professional career to date (for the 2 years prior to that he was registered as an Amatuer player).

I am certain their are other examples and I am sure, if the need arises, the club will have researched all these and have a strong case.

As far as we are aware his work permit has not been denied at this stage so it could all be a storm in a teacup.  I'm sure the club will have been more than aware of any potential stumbling blocks (especially given Alan Savages strong business links with Romania) and are in a strong position to argue the case should the need arise.

This canna be true...  Bamba got a permit for Pars, he aint even played a full international game!

There must be loads in England! Being a Liverpool fan, Luis Garcia jumps to mind. He made his Spain debut AFTER he moved to Liverpool, and we had other players like Antonio Nunez and Josemi who still haven't played for Spain. And youngsters like all the ones at Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas hadn't played for Spain before he signed for Arsenal.

You are - Spain are EU members who don't have any restrictions placed on them in the way that Romania and Bulgaria do.

This canna be true...   Bamba got a permit for Pars, he aint even played a full international game!

You are - Spain are EU members who don't have any restrictions placed on them in the way that Romania and Bulgaria do.

Right I see. I agree with you though about the Hearts lad. If they get Kostadinov or whatever his name is, surely we should get Niculae.