FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cometh the Hour

Saturdays' team selection an tactics are going to be extremely interesting. IMHO this is the most important challenge faced by CC so far in his managerial career. Nobody can second guess the line up as it is based on information behind the scenes but hopefully not "political" pressure.

Does he throw Watt into the deep end ?  Depends on how fit he is; how has he gelled in training; are there pressures from Swansea?

Will he replace Hastings ? Depends on his view of the last two performances, especially at Well.

Does he leave it as it is ? Can he ?

Does he persist with Cowie or draft back Bazza ? Is Bazza fit ? What would Bazza's reaction be if left warming the bench again ??

Hart was tremendous against the Huns ? Does he start or go on the bench or is he on his way out ?

Duncan / McBain or both ? Leave Rankin on the bench again ? Do we need the running and covering power or a bit of extra craft ?

Does he change the system to 4-5-1 ?

Does he really pull a surprise and include Zander ?

Does he start Niculae ? Is he really match fit ? Has his fitness levels improved ? Is he under pressure to start him ?

Does he play him up front alone ? I would very much doubt it but ?

Is Bayne match fit ? Can he play with Niculae as they appear to both be target men ?

Does he go with the trusted Bayne and Wyness ? Does he drop them both and bring in Deano ?

And the only real way he is going to "win" is with a good overall team performance and probably a win.

In all sincerity - good luck CC -  and a quote from the bible to comfort ya:

Johndo 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." 

Johndo 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

:rotflmao:

You have opened up a whole new avenue there, this could be the next great offering since HMS Sneck.........where the heck is that boat anyway, I am missing it.

< As the mist cleared over the parapets of the enemies encampment, and the guardians of the fortress Love Street peered yonder as far as the dark and syringe infested passage of the White Cart Waters, there, berthed under the shroud of darkness bobbed the leader of the armada, HMS Sneck her shipmates merry from.....................>

Tactics will surely be to defend in depth, but always alert enough to hit them on the break, hopefully making good use of Hart, who did enough last week to start in this one.....

It's imperative we don't loose a goal here - a draw wouldn't be such a bad result.

Bayne up front - with Niculae just behind him... assuming both are fully fit.

I wasnt at last weeks game but on listening to the radio Niculae sounded like he was doing alright so i would count him in this week  would like to see Bazza come on later in game & hopefully Bayne will be fit

we've got to win on Saturday  :014:

I am off the opinion that anything other than 3 points on Sat will be deemed a failure. Not that I think St Mirren are a poor team, but i would say they should be among the top 3 best hopes of collecting points this season.

Anything less than 3 points will certainly be deemed a total failure by many of the posters on here - I just wonder who'll be singled out for the treatment this week.....

There won't be any easy fixtures in this league this season....

Points picked up away from home will always be welcome... A point from St Mirren will be a better resut for us than it will be for them....

TF Dargo won't be facing us in this one....  :018:

I think that what I am alluding to in this thread is that poor old CC is on a hiding to nothing. BUT on this occasion he has several difficult decisions to make and the performance as much as the result will be the deciding factor on post match comments.

Guest TinCanFan

I hope he doesn't replace Hastings, he's one of the best players ICT have.  If I were ICT manager I'd put out my strongest team for this game because I think it's really important that three points are taken from it.

nothing like heaping the pressure on to boost team moral is there ihe  :015:

:001: For once the "pressure" is there for everyone to see. The last time that we were in a similiar position was in the first SPL season - we changed our tactics and the "Dogs of War" camaraderie got us out of a big hole. Not that bad yet and this time there is a bigger, and on paper, better squad to pick from. I would have thought that it was also clear that this is CC is well under the microscope and the next few games will hopefully prove that he is up to job in terms of selection, tactics and motivation.

The Huns game was about the worst we have played for a long time, there was an improvement at Well but there was also on-going concerns. Injury has played its toll but that is not an issue now. We have an experienced SPL squad - we should be climbing up the table soon.

As the inimitable Hans Seyle once said to me:

"Stress is an unavoidable consequence of life. Without stress, there would be no life?.

However, just as distress can cause disease, it seems plausible that there are good stresses that promote wellness. Stress is not always necessarily harmful. Winning a race or election can be just stressful as losing, or more so, but may trigger very different biological responses. Increased stress results in increased productivity --- up to a point. However, this level differs for each of us. It's very much like the stress on a violin string. Not enough produces a dull, raspy sound. Too much tension makes a shrill, annoying noise or snaps the string. However, just the right degree can create a magnificent tone. Similarly, we all need to find the proper level of stress that allows us to perform optimally and make melodious music as we go through life.