FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

Aint it amazing that all this hullabaloo has also taken the emphasis off Mr Niculae. Ya all know my feedback on his two away performances. Hopefully he has used the week to catch up on his fitness levels. Try not to be swayed by the hype and give me some honest, neutral feedback.

Hope he gets us the three points and shows his worth.

I think it was acknowleged at the meeting that he is not yet fully match fit.  I think he will benefit from the appointment of Brew as manager.  So far the wage differential doesn't seem to have caused a problem in the dressing room, well at least not on a personal level.  He seems a decent guy who gets on well with the rest of the team.  I'm sure there will be some who are unhappy with his reported wage levels, but personally it would seem all is well.

I think he has yet to show us his full potential, hopefully starting tomorrow.

There were some lovely touches and link up play from Marius and he perhaps should have scored in the first half but I was reasonably impressed with him.

He has zero pace, I'm not sure if ever had though, he does have a quick brain and good technique though. There was a lovely moment when he just ghosted past a United player like he wasn't there.

He's not match fit. There were a couple of dives. There was some gesticulating and shaking of his head when other players made mistakes. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though as they were pretty rank errors. Saying that he did blaze a free kick well over the bar himself.

I have high hopes for him. Don't think Bayne is the right partner for him up front. Dargo would have been ideal  :014:

Today's boots were black  :004:

Not a grafter it has to be said !

Can't agree. He covered at least as much ground as Bayne today and was back around the 18-yard mark on several occasions in the second half because the defence had been posted missing. Liked the look of him very much.

MoM for me too. His wee touches and flicks are superb, and I disagree about his lack of graft....he's not scared to chase back one bit.

I keep saying it though, him and Bayne are too similar. I'd like to see Niculae and McDonald start.

He's ***** at free kicks though!

Great player. Superb driven cross in the first half that McCaffrey should have converted. I loved that move in the second when he ghosted past the Utd player and thumped in a great low shot. A real sense of anticipation when he gets the ball. Contrast that to the sense of dread when the ball goes to Duncan who was shocking.

Niculae MoM, no question.

Guest Arab4Ever

He was top class today in everything he did, when he's fully fit he could well turn out to be the best player in the SPL.

aye his free kick was fab eh :014: i wasnt tracking his movement so fair play if he was tracking back a lot but he looked either really unfit or really lazy. he jogged around a lot but didnt seem that keen on going any faster and chasing loose balls.

Kencar - He has zero pace - He's not match fit. There were a couple of dives. There was some gesticulating and shaking of his head when other players made mistakes.

Redn Black - Not a grafter it has to be said !

What I was trying to say was - is he the type of player that oozes claas, takes yer breath away and looks like he could win games on his own ?? 

What I was trying to say was - is he the type of player that oozes claas, takes yer breath away and looks like he could win games on his own ?? 

Too feckin right he does, IHE.

aye his free kick was fab eh :014:

If Rankin hadn't done that stupid dummy before Niculae took it it might have worked better. You don't see Gerrard running up to the ball and jumping over it before Beckham takes a free kick.

Guest Arab4Ever

Its supposed to trick the goalkeeper but aint nobody alive that can bamboozle the brick wall :022: If I remember it was a similar ploy to that one that led to Stillie make a total moses of Wilsons freekick last season.

To be fair I dont think Niculae was even expecting Rankin to do it :024:

IHE: The problem with you, as I see it, is that you recognize that Niculae is a talented player and that gives you a certain sense of excitement and euphoria. However, you have concluded that the levels of euphoria you are experiencing could be even greater, so you have deluded yourself into thinking that he is a lazy, selfish, over-rated player so that when you realise what a true talent he is your levels of excitement and well-being will be turbo charged.

Guest pompeyjags

Kencar - He has zero pace - He's not match fit. There were a couple of dives. There was some gesticulating and shaking of his head when other players made mistakes.

would the lack of pace not probably be due to the fact that he is not match fit???

It all boils down to this.  Would you have Niculae, with his lack of pace, or Rory?

It's too early in Marius' ICT career to talk about lack of pace. It's too early in Rory's career to compare him to Marius.