FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster in perspective.

Charles Bannerman

I think that RH has always had his doubters

and I was one of the bigger ones !

My opinion changed last season as he had a good season for ICT .... Was that the Dods effect too ? if so we have Dods not only making RH look good but also Granty as well .... that makes Dods some machine !

RH was also a "shock" to Canadian supporters. When he was recalled to the squad for the Gold Cup the Canadian "soccer" message boards were filled with negative comments about him .... but by the end of the tournament - where incidentally he played every game in central defence - they were raving about him, not only because he was solid, but also because he showed real leadership in the final game against USA where the Canucks were behind to a very dodgy late goal and he was doing the "Roy Aitken" impersonation and shouting at everyone, urging them forward to the final whistle in an effort to get an equaliser ..... the equaliser didnt come but he won a lot of people round with his performance in that tournament.

Maybe he could go into central defence and Roy could come back in on the left if he really looked the part ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this thread when brousing. Anymore comments?  Anyone changed their minds?

Just came across this thread when browsing. Any more comments?  Anyone changed their minds?

Yes. Brewster is here now and he will be going nowhere fast. He will make mistakes, but he is the best we have got/can afford at the moment. Christ, we can't afford to sack him...