FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Average Income in the Sneck is

beachcomber

Average income in Sneck is ?32,000 according to the BBC - does that sound right to you. It doesn't tie up with the jobs I see advertised in the courier. They must've taken a representative cross sample of the Sneck population - David Sutherland, Marius and two polish fish factory workers.

Mind you, I dunno where they get the idea Inverness is classy either :015:

Low cost but Classy !!!

And theorists can prove that an elephant can hang over a cliff holding on to a blade of grass!! Its amazing the facts that can be manipulated to suit.

I know mostly what would be considered "average people", mainly in what would be considered "well paid jobs", NONE are on anywhere near that amount of money

Where are you finding a house for 64K in Inverness?

You'd be very lucky to find a 1 bedroom flat for that these days, and even then you can be sure it would need 10 to 15k worth of work done on it.

Your looking at something in the region of ?155,000 for a 2 Bedroom Tulloch new build flat/maisonette in Inverness just now.

I'm not finding a house for 64k. I am saying you need a household income of about that, to buy a family home. Hence why I moved out 12miles.

3 bed room ex-council with loft conversion ( we use as our bedroom) and extension with shower/toilet and utility room.

?125k..

Graham

The loft bedroom is cool, when the wife is on the rampage!!  I just run up there and sit on the hatch and she cannot get me till she calms down..

Kiltarlity, sadly it's not the case that people would require such an income and that is why so many people are in debt up to their eyeballs from the moment they buy their first home until the day they retire (and beyond).  With more and more lenders offering up to five times salary people are stretching themselves beyond breaking point.

In fact, it's becoming more and more popular for people to take on Interest Only mortgages now with no intention of repaying any of the capital until they are 5 or 10 years in to it to allow for income to catch up with affordability.

I still think we are a good few years from a market crash and would still advise those who are able to get on to the property ladder ASAP, but give it another couple of years and I'd be avoiding investing in property like the plague.

The loft bedroom is cool, when the wife is on the rampage!!  I just run up there and sit on the hatch and she cannot get me till she calms down..

Kiltarlity.... what EXACTLY do you mean by that statement :symbol_question: (Which, with a bit of lateral thinking, reminds me that we've not had many posts from Footballer's Wife for a wee while!)

I still think we are a good few years from a market crash and would still advise those who are able to get on to the property ladder ASAP, but give it another couple of years and I'd be avoiding investing in property like the plague.

obviously varies around the country, theres a few places people should have no fear buying (can be pin pointed down to the exact streets..!) but most of the property market is ridiculous just now.

one place in scotland that seems to have a future is still glasgow, in he west of scotland theres been a decrease in price across the board, the merchant city and a few places in the west end (yorkhill/kelvinside mainly) have seen prices fall over 10% in the past year, 2 bedroom flat in the center of glasgow costs a fraction more than it does in inverness.  you can interpret that as being a clear warning not to buy but i actually think the glasgow market is well ahead of the game in the uk, long term i dont see any reason why these areas should cost less to live in than edinburgh or especially aberdeen.  2 bedroom new builds in glasgow city center are selling between 110k and 200k, when the property market goes kaboom i dont think glasgow will be hit too hard.

everybody should just go buy houses in brazil, iraq, russia or any country with more potential than the uk... what does 14k buy you in sneck?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-665...p;chnl=overseas