FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I know there are one or two chief stokers, but this does deserve some daylight.

One would have to be batty not to have some doubts about Marius, but I don?t think anybody is looking for blood.

Advent is approaching and the simple sad fact is that Marius has failed to score in a league game.

Whilst others should be judged on his stipend, as a striker Marius will be judged on the number of goals he scores.

Who would stake money on him making it into double figures?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose it depends on what you expected of him.he's never been or probably ever will be a 20 odd goal a season player. if he gets 10 or twelve he's doing well. his own target when he signed was about 10 if i remember correct.

personally i like what he brings to the side and feel he's been desperately unlucky not to bag some league goals so far. i'm sure they'll come sooner rather than later but everyones entitled to their own view.

if your the sort of person who appreciates what he brings to the team over the course of the season in both goals and assists then come end of season you'll probably be happy. if your expecting someone near the top of the scoring charts you may not

A lot appears to be made about his "assists" - tell me if I am wrong:

Rangers (home) - nil goals.

Muvverwell (away) - COWIE free kick - Tokely goal

Midden (away) - NICULAE cross (class) - Cowie goal.

Arabs (home) - nil goals.

Hibs (away) - nil goals.

Cellic (away) - nil goals.

Jam Tarts (home) - WILSON volley - Wyness nets rebound; MORGAN cross - Brewster goal.

Bairns (home) - NICULAE shot - Wyness nets rebound; Duncan goal - No assist; NICULAE nod - Black goal; Wyness solo effort.

Killie (away) - Ford own goal; Cowie cracker free kick.

Dons (home) - HASTINGS cross - Wyness goal.

Gretna (away) - Wyness penalty; Cowie free kick; MCGUIRE flick - Wilson goal; McBain solo blast.

Huns (away) - nil goals.

Muvverwell (home) - nil goals.

3 feckin assists - ?16,000.00 each.

DOH  :029:

So Niculae had an above average game against the Bairns - possibly boosted by news of a terrace eviction - and how may minutes out of 540 minutes has he played since - 273 minutes - hooked in 3; benched in 3 NO goals / NO assists - about ?85.00 a minute - Give me a feckin break.  :crazy07:

Well worth the money

I am reliably informed he will get into double figures and will record numerous assists :021:

The game on Saturday showed that Bayne was a waste of time while he was on the pitch and Marius oozed class in his brief encounter, he should have been on from the start.  Surely Brewster is not listening to the fans and keeping him on the bench.  Mind you Jimi Hendrix never got on either.

A lot appears to be made about his "assists" - tell me if I am wrong:

Rangers (home) - nil goals.

Muvverwell (away) - COWIE free kick - Tokely goal

Midden (away) - NICULAE cross (class) - Cowie goal.

Arabs (home) - nil goals.

Hibs (away) - nil goals.

Cellic (away) - nil goals.

Jam Tarts (home) - WILSON volley - Wyness nets rebound; MORGAN cross - Brewster goal.

Bairns (home) - NICULAE shot - Wyness nets rebound; Duncan goal - No assist; NICULAE nod - Black goal; Wyness solo effort.

Killie (away) - Ford own goal; Cowie cracker free kick.

Dons (home) - HASTINGS cross - Wyness goal.

Gretna (away) - Wyness penalty; Cowie free kick; MCGUIRE flick - Wilson goal; McBain solo blast.

Huns (away) - nil goals.

Muvverwell (home) - nil goals.

3 feckin assists - ?16,000.00 each.

DOH  :029:

So Niculae had an above average game against the Bairns - possibly boosted by news of a terrace eviction - and how may minutes out of 540 minutes has he played since - 273 minutes - hooked in 3; benched in 3 NO goals / NO assists - about ?85.00 a minute - Give me a feckin break.  :crazy07:

give you a break? ha ha, you being serious? you havent given Niculae a break since the guy signed, give the guy a chance to settle in and adapt to the SPL, stikers all over the country take time to start scoring and i'm sure he'll start hitting the back of the net sooner rather than later, quite a few of our strikers have gone through barren spells and not had anywhere near the criticism Niculae has. its certainly not going to do anyone any good by continually crtiticising him. why dont you give MN and all of us a break from your continual griping!

rant over

That's why I said elsewhere that Marius must be injured, because we had it on good authority that it was written into his contract that, if fit, he had to start?? :015: :015: :015:

Oh, and I don't remember the folk criticising Marius doing the same when, only recently, Dennis was absolutely mince and went nearly a YEAR without a league goal.

Guest stevico64

When most of the negativity comes from a middle aged man who gets his kicks from getting ejected from football stadiums, I can assure you the criticism does not bother him, what confuses me is why someone would enjoy continually slagging one of their own players, sad man sad life

When most of the negativity comes from a middle aged man who gets his kicks from getting ejected from football stadiums, I can assure you the criticism does not bother him, what confuses me is why someone would enjoy continually slagging one of their own players, sad man sad life

You're right about IHE - sad man - sad life...  :007:

BUT... Given that Marius successfully (or someone did) negotiate a wage for himself three times the going rate at this club, aren't we entitled to expect something a wee bit special from him - even just ocassionally...?

With all the hype that came along with his signing I was confidently expecting some kind of cross between James McFadden and Kenny Dalglish....  :024:

Guest stevico64

johnboy, yes of course we expect more, but I am sure in time that will come. All fans have right to have a go if they feel they are not getting value for money or a player isnt living up to the hype, but am I wrong in saying the continued campain against Marius by a certain individual is perhaps a bit tiresome and in no way constructive.

but I am wrong in saying the continued campain against Marius be a certain individual is perhaps a bit tiresome and in no way constructive.

I would have said this has been a very interesting debate, now approaching ten pages - it's certainly not been a continued campaign against Marius....

Many of the contributions on here on both sides of the arguement have been very constructive...

Unfortunately Marius will always be subject to extra scrutiny by both the media and supporters because of the money he is on, and that fact probably isn't doing him any favours.

The majority of supporters recognise that Marius is a special talent, although many have commented on his lack of sharpness - maybe his skills aren't best suited to the cut and thrust of the SPL - ...

Whatever... If I was asked to compile a mid-term report on him thus far it would read - " Very talented player- but must try harder...."

Guest stevico64

I totally agree that in general it has been a good debate, I only said there was one particular poster that seemed to be on a continued campaign against him. One of the great things about football is opinions , I am sure everybody is disappointed that Marius is not banging them in, bear in mind though he has come to a different football culture and how many times do we see footballers from overseas taking a bit of time to adjust to the different speed of the game. Also Marius missed most of the preseason so was playing catch up on the rest of the squad. I am confident that we will see the real Marius very soon.

He is a class player . It is evident from his touches that he is well ahead of most of his colleagues.

Yes, it is unfortunate/unlucky that he has only scored twice but that is more than some!

Lets stick with him.  Anyway the options are not as good.

neksor

I hope we do see the real Marius very soon as we definitely need someone to spark the side to life in coming weeks.

Whether he is getting assists or not as debated previously, doesnt really matter as it is clear that he does seem to bring the best out of Denzil who is banging them in when paired with MN as opposed to others.

However I am sure the fans would like to see him bang a few of his own into the net, get rid of the mounting pressure to score and be able to settle down and play like the former international player he was and future international player he wants to be.

Well he cant do much if he aint getting played, hope Brew admits his mistake and plays Marius with Denzil from now on.

He was quick to come and condemn Rossco, wish he would come out and say what a shyte decision it was to play Bayne with Denzil.

give you a break? ha ha, you being serious? you havent given Niculae a break since the guy signed, give the guy a chance to settle in and adapt to the SPL, stikers all over the country take time to start scoring and i'm sure he'll start hitting the back of the net sooner rather than later, quite a few of our strikers have gone through barren spells and not had anywhere near the criticism Niculae has. its certainly not going to do anyone any good by continually crtiticising him. why dont you give MN and all of us a break from your continual griping!

rant over

No rant - just couldnt respond to the stats / facts so tried the personalised insults ya cowardly ****  :001: Is 12 games not sufficient ?? And if ya read my comments correctly you will find me proffering a lot of positives and the negatives are in regard to Niculae's deficits and to the way he has been utilised. I will come to that closer to the Midden game.  :023:

hooked in 3; benched in 3

Not so long ago you were heavily implying that Niculae was only getting picked because of contractual obligations.  :024:

Yet again you are talking through yer erse and misquoting - I have never implied that - others have. Yet another who cannot reply to the stats / facts and goes fer the personalised abuse.  :018:

That's why I said elsewhere that Marius must be injured, because we had it on good authority that it was written into his contract that, if fit, he had to start?? :015: :015: :015:

Oh, and I don't remember the folk criticising Marius doing the same when, only recently, Dennis was absolutely mince and went nearly a YEAR without a league goal.

If Marius was injured why has he been put on the bench and according to the faithful got a MOM last Saturday.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

He aint injured - that is just Marius.  :001:

Cant rmember Dennis getting ?4 K per week ??

Yet another who cant answer the facts  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

More personalised abuse from the man who hits the abuse button.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: If I wasnt laffing ma socks off I could have hit the button about this post - but yer just a timid ****.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I ant slagging him off - read my posts fer fecks sake - what about the threads about Hart, Fraser, Rory etc. I have made criticism from a critical footballing perspective not a personalised slur.

Yet another who couldnt answer to the facts / stats.

johnboy, yes of course we expect more, but I am sure in time that will come. All fans have right to have a go if they feel they are not getting value for money or a player isnt living up to the hype, but am I wrong in saying the continued campain against Marius by a certain individual is perhaps a bit tiresome and in no way constructive.

What feckin campaign  :015: :015: :015:  I am asking for him to be played ya feckin ersehole  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: