FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic facing punishment?

davieB

So, the worlds greatest fans grab all the headlines after a fantastic result for Celtic.

Regardless of Didas reaction, that **** on the pitch could cost them big time.

Points deduction, games behind closed doors, kicked out of the competition?

Personally I'd ban them from the CL for 10 years :015:

A fine would suffice. And action taken against Dida too. Anyone with on ounce of sense can see he was hamming it up. That **** that invaded has prolly sealed a lifetime ban for himself.

A fine would suffice. And action taken against Dida too. Anyone with on ounce of sense can see he was hamming it up. That TWAT that invaded has prolly sealed a lifetime ban for himself.

What if, hypothetically, the fan had a knife on him and had slashed Dida across the face?

I heard that a fan ran on to the pitch armed with a samurai sword and beheaded the poor old keeper just to make his evening worse.  Funeral directors swiftly removed the unamed man in a body bag and his head in a morrisons carrier bag with an ice pack just in case it could be stitched back on.  The fan disappeared into the unruly crowd and returned to his high rise unaware of the problems he has caused his team. :029:

A fine would suffice. And action taken against Dida too. Anyone with on ounce of sense can see he was hamming it up. That **** that invaded has prolly sealed a lifetime ban for himself.

What if, hypothetically, the fan had a knife on him and had slashed Dida across the face?

I deal only with facts :rolleyes02:

In my view the precedent for punishment was set last season when the idiot ran onto the pitch at Ibrox and handcuffed himself to the goalposts.

I'm sure that Rangers simply received a modest fine for that. The incident last night was no more serious so nor should the sanction be.

Then again, we are dealing with UEFA so anything is possible.

Celtic are responsible for crowd control at Parkhead and will have to be fined but surely UEFA need to take some action against Dida. It is abundantly clear that the light tap on the shoulder he received was not capable of causing even the slightest injury other than to his dignity.

Other than caging everyone in you will never be able to prevent the odd fan making an idiot of himself by entering the field of play.  Provided Celtic can prove that they took reasonably precautions in trying to prevent it then I don't think it merits any fine on the club.

The individual however should be dealt with accordingly - a 12 month ban and however the courts want to treat it in terms of Breach of the Peace, actions which could incite trouble or whatever the charge may be.

The AC Milan Keeper should be treated no different than the fan IMO as his actions could have caused a riot/trouble between both sets of fans.  UEFA should throw the book at him and he should also be facing legal charges in connection with actions that could incite trouble.

I was glad to see that after the game both Strachan and Ancelotti were not going to be drawn on berating each other on the subject.  Strachan, rightly, refusing to comment and Ancelotti making the point that it had no impact on the outcome of the game and that he would leave it to UEFA to deal with it and would not be making representation.

lol

In case it gets edited:

It has been edited to say;

October 3 - Following Celtic's late goal in the Champions League Group D clash against AC Milan which resulted in a 2-1 victory, a Celtic supporter fired a gun borrowed from Inter Milan onto AC Milan goalkeeper Dida and unfortunately he missed. After breifly giving chase Dida goes down clutching his throat in agony and is eventually stretchered off. TV replays appear to show very minimal contact by the fan with an open hand in Didas face. AN investigation is currently ongoing and sanctions could be put in place. Both the behaviour of the fan and the reaction of the keeper will be taken into account. Several other Celtic fans crush advertising hoardings at the side of the pitch as they also try to reach celebrating Celtic players on the field of play.

Guest McYosi

It would surprise me when UEFA would give Celtic anything more than a heavy fine. There was no act of agression from the lonely pitchinvader. Dida did pass for his audition for Tsjaikovsky's Swan Lake, hoping he may play the final act, in which the swan dies (sorry, being ironic).

When I look at the problems we, in the Netherlands, have had with supporters in the past and the punishments UEFA gave the notorious clubs (Ajax, PSV, Feijenoord and FC Utrecht) I can not witdraw myself from the conclusion it takes a lot to get points deducted or a withdrawal from the tournament. Feijenoord-supporters misbehaved themselves for years in a row in Europe, only to be really pinished two seasons ago after heavy crowdtrouble at Nancy.

So, all in all I do not fear a heavy punishment for Celtic, whose fans do have an impressive clean sheet in Europe over the last couple of years (not in the 80's, I know). At the UEFA-CUp final in Seville some years ago there was not even something that might be called a problem with fans, this will surely do Celtic's case good.

I must say, other subject, sorry about that, but I do not want to open a new one, that I am pleased with the performances from the Old Firm and your national team. Where we play boring football with very big stars and performing in Europe with boring football, your topteams and national team play with pride and passion. Good for all of you Scotsmen !

Seems to me there's an awful lot of double standards among ICT fans Only two r three weeks ago there was a fair few expressing disgust because one of our own was chucked out for running onto the pitch.

The celtic fan gave himself up to police today. Has been charged and banned for life from parkhead. IMO that goalkeeper should also be punished

Seems to me there's an awful lot of double standards among ICT fans Only two r three weeks ago there was a fair few expressing disgust because one of our own was chucked out for running onto the pitch.

The celtic fan gave himself up to police today. Has been charged and banned for life from parkhead. IMO that goalkeeper should also be punished

Am I the only one willing to stand up for Dida.

We have to differentiate between being walloped by a player and being assaulted by a fan. The fan should not have been on the pitch, so being assaulted in that way, just should not have happened. Unlike a player, where it is expected that that kind of thing is run of the mill. What was he trying to do - get the assailant sent off? I think it matters very little the response - faked or not. The **** got on the park, and rather than a ***** slap it could have been a chib.

Also Dida has a history according to the guy on the radio the other day. He was hit in the face by a flare in a recent derby and has been traumatised ever since.  It may have been a bit of a panic reaction - a poor attempt at faking. It's a job for Johnndo, I fear.

In conclusion...

****...life ban, criminal action, alienation from his peers, etc

Celtic...big fine, which they should pass onto their stewarting company. No more than that.

Dida - wholescale mockery in the eyeties medias, but no more.

Also Kudos to Milan chair for not making a meal of it.

Having seen the video of the incident on you-tube, that would be my response to Dida .... "YOU TUBE !!!"

Gordy - agree with what you say about much of it. The fan shouldn't have got onto the pitch, and he certainly shouldn't have approached or touched the player and I am sure his life ban from Parkhead and whatever the courts throw at him will make him realise that .... but bottom line is that Dida is indefensible ... he was touched/patted/slapped .. use whatever word you want and if hurt should have gone down on the spot, yet instead, he chases after the guy and when he realises he wont catch him goes down as if hit by a sniper's bullet !! If he actually caught him, what was he going to do ?

Dida may actually be Celtic's saviour in all of this ... if he had gone down on the spot, clutching his face after clearly being patted by the fan, UEFA would probably have no option but to fine Celtic heavily and award the game to Milan 3-0 but his antics and fakery - at a time when UEFA are monitoring things like this (eg. Mikoliunas) - has probably meant that Celtic will "get away" with a heavy fine for crowd control violations and nothing more. The Milan chairman knows this which is why he is not making a big deal about it, but I wouldnt be surprised if Dida has to pay some price for this at Milan.

I think that's a little unfair Alex, and not entirely accurate.  Yes, a couple of site users tired to use it as a "Stewards/Club are being heavy handed" line, but the majority of people who commented agreed that the lad was in the wrong and should face punishment.  Discussion then went on to the punishment fitting the crime and in that regard the scenarios are very different.

If we lived in a world of Black and White, then yes, I would agree that both should expect the same treatment, but we don't....

- The ICT Fan didn't technically enter the field of play, he crossed the wall but never went on to the pitch, the Celtic Fan did.

- The ICT Fan did not approach any opposition players, the Celtic Fan did.

- The ICT Fan never laid hands on anyone, the  Celtic Fan did.

For the record, I don't think the Celtic boy deserves a lifetime ban..a year or two maybe, but not life.  We've all done things in life which we later regretted and would not repeat and I don't see why the law (and subsequent punishments) inside a football ground should be any different than that outside it.

The ICT Fan the other week deserves some kind of ban/punishment, but I don't believe his actions were in any way as serious so perhaps 6 to 12 months would be appropriate, not to forget the fact that such action can also lead to charges of Breach of the Peace so he may/may not have that to deal with as well.

AC Milan keeper Dida was tonight ruled out of the World Tig Championships following a horror injury sustained at Celtic Park Glasgow. Dida who was in the running for the top spot in the WTC was struck down by a gifted unknown from Glasgow. The amatuer tig player cornered Dida between two posts and a net and managed to tig him and shout "You're it" before making a clean get away. Dida attempted to tig him back but was unable to catch the nimble soap dodger.

post-17-1191608013.jpg