FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What is the secret?

EWS

First time I have done a thread in a while.  Apologies if I am re-treading any paths that have been tread allready.

I was just sitting here, attempting to write a report, procrastinating my arse off thinking, why was Brew so bad at Dundee Utd?  Is it because the players there didn't respond to him as a manager, his training and his thoughts yet we do?  Has he maybe learned from the two Jimmies at Aberdeen and become a better manager?  His first reign here at ICT he played a lot and that was the reason for a lot of our results, but now, he isn't playing so much and our results (whilst not been great) have gone up, and the way we play is much better then what it was before.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

maybe he has learned from his mistakes ......

I didnt think he was the right man for the job when appointed, (removing emotion and basing it mainly on his stint at DUFC) but I am happy to say he has done nothing so far to prove me right  :004:

He also learned from other peoples' mistakes. At Dundee United , for example, he bit off more than he could chew in so far as  the situation there appeared to be very unstable with unwilling (or demoralised) players abounding on big salaries. And the swirling eddies of discontent , including the twirling Eddie Grocer, was too much for him to sort out all at once.

He also came back to ICT at a propitious  time , despite the controversy, since ICT were ripe for an upward surge and needed that steady guiding hand on the park from Brew after losing Dodds I think.

At ICT, in contrast to Dundee United  I feel he was looked upon as a possible saviour whereas at Dundee United he was looked upon as a Messiah -- i.e. all things to all people.

Messiahs outrank Saviours in the religious scheme of things and therefore are not so frenetic  but more passive--which means that his role at ICT will now be  more semi-permanent than usual and he will be more passively active, rather than actively passive.

I think. :015:

Brewster was not the players' choice to replace Chisholm at Utd and they made life as awkward for him as they possibly could... He also had a thankless task there by having to get rid of several under performing highly paid players.....

The nucleous of the ICT side were more than pleased to welcome him back to the fold at ICT and recent results bear this out....

ICT and Brew appear to be made for each other, and long may that continue...  :022:

Guest Jock Watt

Brewster was not the players' choice to replace Chisholm at Utd and they made life as awkward for him as they possibly could... He also had a thankless task there by having to get rid of several under performing highly paid players.....

The nucleous of the ICT side were more than pleased to welcome him back to the fold at ICT and recent results bear this out....

ICT and Brew appear to be made for each other, and long may that continue...  :022:

Sounds about right to me, too!

Guest kieranstewart

i think it might have something 2 do with the fact that the caley team play 4 each other, dundee utd play 4 the wages