FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Return of the craic

RedCard

A couple of my recent posts have vanished into thin air without as much as a hint towards an explanation. There are far too many mods on here now - one of them (maybe more) is obviously getting ideas way above his/her station..  :024: Power corrupts.... :017:

Johnboy - if you have had a post deleted it must have either been done by yourself or it wasnt properly submitted in the first place as there is no record in the forum logs.

Only 3 posts have been deleted in November : One was a comment from a moderator that was double posted, and two were actually old posts of mine in the tickets for away games thread because the games have now been played.

In October, again only 3 posts were deleted - all of them mine for the same reason as above.

Cant be bothered going further back in the logs but suffice to say, If you have a post deleted then you should get a courtesy PM or email from the moderator who did it explaining why they did it and if not send us a message privately and we can check back on the logs to see who did it and when and ask them.

Every single moderation action, whether it be making something a sticky, moving a post, deleting a post or even modifying a post show up in our moderation logs so it is easy to check.

As for too many moderators? I think you will find that moderation actions have actually reduced since we added more people to the team (and simplified the TOS) ...... We deliberately chose mods who we felt had differing viewpoints and unlike before, the mods tend to discuss any posts that give concern via PM and usually they are only deleted if there is a consensus between the mods.

I'm convinced there's a glitch somewhere, but will admit it could be at this end....   :024:

Or maybe that avatar of mine is responsible for inducing a form of paranoia...   :crazy07:

Perhaps a session on someone's settee might help...  :014:

Pressing the post button now.....