FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee Utd -V- ICT : Matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic result, eighth equal with Killie.

Well done to Mikey Fraser another clean sheet and fingers up to the boo boys and girls.  The commentator could'nt praise his kicking enough, he said it so often he must have been on the site.

Guest TonyICT

i think todays formation was just right and i am very pleased to see that ian black got back into the side. ian is one of our more classy players and this just shows how important he is for our side!

but just because brewster did something right today doesnt mean he is the best manager we could have.

WELL DONE LADS!!

:022:

Fraser didn't have any difficult saves to make, but his performance was immaculate all the same.

Blackie's goal was NOT a world class 30 yarder! It was still a great strike from 20 yards though.

Good all round performance today, but against a poor Utd with a much weakened team. Wilkie was comfortably contained this time. Cowie was again superb, and Rankin did not look the lighweight luxury player I remember him being.

As ever Marius needs a mention. He is not a naturla lone striker at all, but laid off some good passes for the supporting Cowie and Rankin in the first half. Wasn't in the game at all in the 2nd and I'd have hooked him a lot sooner. At times his lack of pace was completely embarrassing as well as frustrating, for both fans and players.

There were 2 occassions before we scored when Blackie had a right go at Marius, once for  wasting a free kick on the edge of the box and then getting dispossessed, and once telling him to make runs to the corners (I think), to which Marius gestured that he needs the ball played to feet.

Good away win though, and everyone went home happy.  :003:

Thought i would be the first to post as i live locally. ICT were excellent today and really should have pumped United 4 or 5 nil. All the team played their part and were very solid. Results like this will bring the confidence levels up and the next time a team is there for the taking like today i'm sure it will happen :021:

United did have a lot of players out but don't underestimate this victory they were still dangerous with emphasis on big high balls up to Wilkie. Caley played on the deck and were the better team by a mile.

Well done to all  :clapping03:

Guest TonyICT

haha johnboy

and dont be stupid brewster is no where near the scotland job standards! he is lucky that he is at caley never mind scotland.

Fraser didn't have any difficult saves to make, but his performance was immaculate all the same.

Blackie's goal was NOT a world class 30 yarder! It was still a great strike from 20 yards though.

Good all round performance today, but against a poor Utd with a much weakened team. Wilkie was comfortably contained this time. Cowie was again superb, and Rankin did not look the lighweight luxury player I remember him being.

As ever Marius needs a mention. He is not a naturla lone striker at all, but laid off some good passes for the supporting Cowie and Rankin in the first half. Wasn't in the game at all in the 2nd and I'd have hooked him a lot sooner. At times his lack of pace was completely embarrassing as well as frustrating, for both fans and players.

There were 2 occassions before we scored when Blackie had a right go at Marius, once for  wasting a free kick on the edge of the box and then getting dispossessed, and once telling him to make runs to the corners (I think), to which Marius gestured that he needs the ball played to feet.

Good away win though, and everyone went home happy.  :003:

Everyone that is except Mrs Y. Guess there wont be any bedroom anctics tonight then Yngwie :003:

Tony I'm sure Johnboy was joking.

haha johnboy

and dont be stupid brewster is no where near the scotland job standards! he is lucky that he is at caley never mind scotland.

Erm, whoosh?

Well done lads - great result and sees us move up the table after St. Mirrens pumping by Falkirk!  :015:

Just heard Craig Levein's interview on the BBC site.... what a fanny! all he mentioned was the players he had injured & suspended, then he had a go at the ref for not adding enough time on.

He came across as being quite arrogant saying the team he had out should have won the game comfortably, think you should learn a wee bit of modesty Craig.... ya Fanny.

Hey Richard, remember typing this at 15:18 and 04 seconds today.

"Distinct lack of goalscorers ther i'm afraid, could do with Marius getting pulled down by Dods for a pen in the 89 min...."

Well well, Blackie scored in the 19th minute. :015:

is it me or have they been all over the place for HT reports EXCEPT Tannadice !!!

too much talking about Charlie Bannerman's bodily functions and not enough time preparing for the half time report Mr Spence  :018: :018:

guess i'm missing something scotty!!

I sincerely hope you are  :rotflmao:

Great performance.

Tactics were spot on, with 5 across the middle. We dominated the first half, and Blackies goal was superb. Blackie, Rankin, and Cowie were immense.

Second hald was backs to the wall stuff at times, but Utd only had one tactic and that was to punt it high to Wilkie(who for a big bloke, goes down like a wee fanny everytime someone goes anywhere near him). McGuire dealt with Wilkie superbly.

We could've got another towards the end as we counter attacked quicly, more and more, and were unlucky on a few occasions.

Some great performances today. Blackie got a 10/10 for me, as did Rankin and Cowie. That was the best I've seen from Rankin.

Special mention for Proctor too, who must've had a wee smile to himself proving to Levein that he IS good enough :021:

Very satisfying victory. Well done to Brew for getting it spot on :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Just a quick tuppenceworth before I go out....

I've got a lot of respect for Levein but occasionally he gets it totally wrong. Playing the big diddy up front maybe worked once but today he was either fouling or getting caught offside.

They did get a lot of the ball in the second half but we always seemed to do more with the possession than they did. I can't remember Mikey having a save to make but they did get a few free headers off target.

The fans were doing a lot of howling for handballs in the box as there looked to be one or two ricochets off defenders. However the players weren't claiming and the fans never gave the ref any stick at the end.

Well done to the guys today, a really decent performance all round.

If we're going to play with 1 up again we'll need somebody with a bit more pace than Marius. His first touch was good but he would waste it by turning into defenders instead of laying it off. Maybe it's easier in the Champions' League.

This afternoon was a flashback to Brewster's first stint in charge - we did a great job of shutting up shop after nicking a goal away from home.  What for me was particularly striking was that the midfield were still running and pressing high up the pitch right to the end - are our fitness levels back to what they were pre-CC?

Wonderful goal from Blackie - at first I thought it was a fluke but on Setanta it looks like he meant to lob the goalie, who did end up going a**e over t*t attempting to save it.  Cowie was absolutely magnificent first half, combining well with Proctor in the early stages, and Rankin gave it everything, though he spent a lot of time in what must be an unfamiliar "second striker" role.  Please keep him, Brew!

We rode our luck in the second half a bit - Kenneth missed an absolute sitter from 6 yards, and the ball spent most of the last 45 minutes bouncing around our box.  McGuire vs Wilkie was a fascinating battle, and Phil did a great job of keeping him under control while United lobbed the ball at him again and again.  And for me the man of the match was Grant Munro, who always seemed to be first to the loose ball, and threw himself in front of everything.

Also a special mention to Marius who, despite an ineffectual afternoon, did a smashing job of wasting time by insisting on shaking the ref's hand as he was subbed!

Good performance, great result.  Not often we can say Brew got his tactics spot on...

Great result although still a lot of room for improvement.

Only heard part of the commentry as the BBC "lost" the link for parts of the time!

I have to admit that I have been mistaken with Proctor at right-back as he seems to have performed very well. Perhaps we should get rid of Tokely instead!

How can we get our pet Romanain to score? He seems to show his talent and ability but is net-shy.

Is he being played in the wrong position?

neksor