FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No Deal for Morgan

RedCard

Just read on the official site that Alan Morgan won't be offered a new deal when it runs out in Jan.

Reading the reserve report today it also mention that Morgan was "playing his last match".

Didn't really rate Morgan so i'm not too fussed about this decision, hope he finds a new club soon though.

Yeah, good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

I dont mean this in a cruel way, but I would far rather see him move on than some of the other names that have been mentioned recently.

I preferred him to McBain on the left midfield, however McBain, like Duncan, has improved quite a bit this year and there are a lot of midfielders to choose from at present.

I wish him well, maybe he'll go there?  :017:

I liked the guy and at one point thought he would do enough to make the cut, but the simple facts are that we have other more versatile players available and he just hasn't been able to break through for whatever reason.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to one of the larger Div 1 outfits and I think he will be more than capable of doing a job for them.

All the best to him wherever he ends up.

Good luck to him. :022:

Always thought he was a decent squad player, but didn't quite have what was needed for a regular start.

Trying to think of a stand-out 'Morgan moment'.......his goal at Tannadice when we gubbed them 4-2 is the only one that springs to mind :024:

Probably one of his best moments clacher, but sadly for him they were few and far between.  He will make a decent first division player and maybe get back to the SPL if he ups his workrate.  He does have some neat touches and a decent left foot but needs to work harder.

Anyway, best of luck to him.

I can't believe this decision. I always thought Morgan was one of our sturdiest players. Big, strong, a good touch, hard to knock off the ball, good at carrying the ball under pressure, an excellent cross and shot. I'd pick him ahead of Rankin or McBain any day.

He was the best player on the park when we gubbed Gretna at home - I wouldn't be suprised if they offer him a deal.

I suppose his solo effort against Stirling doesn't really count either. Another example of his pace and power.

I'll always remember him coming on against Hearts this year and Rangers last Xmas and being involved in the winner. More pace and power but always as a sub. Sadly that's what he did best- if he got a start he was usually poor.

Can't see him going back to County after his disappointing loan spell last season. Shame to see him leave, he has a great cross on him. I personally would love to be able to keep him but I feel Rankin offers more than him on the left.

He was good coming on as a sub but, as previously said, when he started he never made the most of it sadly.

Good luck to the guy though. Hope he does well  :003:

I think that Brew is a fan of Morgan, but just can't give him a regular 1st team spot at the moment.  Sorry to see him go, but he needs to be playing regularly.  As someone else already said, we have too many midfielders and losing Morgan is probably the best for all concerned.  This might allow us to keep some of the other midfielders who have been reported to be leaving.

Grassa said we had to lose 3 or 4 players to bring some more in, so if Caff is heading back down the road and Morgan away, that just leaves another 1 or 2 to go.

Guest WynessLegend

I think Morgan is an excellent player and more capable of playing as an out and out left winger than anyone else in the squad.

If the rumours are true and he is moving on - all the best to him.

Yeah, confirmed on BBC. St J also have Collin Samuel on trial.

think its just a loan deal as CS is a 'protected' player in TFC's squad .... but MLS season doesnt begin again till April.

If we were to take anyone on loan from TFC, for me it would have to be Marvell Wynne !!! solid solid defender but probably unavailable as he will be training with the US National team for most of the winter I believe.