FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Most memorable ICT game

SMEE

What is your most memorable ICT game ever?

Mine would have to have taken place at Almondvale on May 1st (1999 i think). Beautiful day it was and we were 4.0 down within 20 mins. I remember saying to my mates that we werent out of it yet. Final score was 4-3 to liviscum, but wat a defeat to be on the end of. The game had everything.

It would be to obvious to pick the St Johnstone game where we won the 1st Div title!

The most memorable ICT game hasn't happened yet....  :023:

For me - yesterday's win against the Jambos was very special - almost as good as the win against Cellic last week - and the win against Hibs the week before that....  :022:

Now if they can just beat Falkirk on Wednesday....  :014:

3 victories over Celtic, beating Rangers at Ibrox and 2-1 in Inverness, beating Hearts away in the cup in 2002, both 2000 cup ties against Aberdeen, Rangers at Tannadice in 1996, coming back from 3-0 down to beat Ayr 4-3 in the cup, 5-2 over Arbroath in the very first league game in 1994, three (inc replay) cup semi finals v Dundee and Dunfermline (thanks Craig!), losing 4-3 at Almondvale which was indeed on 1.5.99., beating Livi 3-2 in the cup at Telford Street in January 1996, losing 5-1 to County at the Caledonian Stadium (you did say "memorable"!)

3 victories over Celtic, beating Rangers at Ibrox and 2-1 in Inverness,

That 2:1 win against Rangers about this time last season was very special indeed... 

I'll always remember it as the one John Rankin won for us... before he somehow blotted his copybook under the old management team....  :024:

I remeber Bill Leckie writing in The Sun newspapers sports pages on the Monday following the Livi V ICT game something along the lines of....one day, he will write a book of the top ten games he has ever seen....and that Livi vs ICT game was gonna be right up there with the best.

I remeber Bill Leckie writing in The Sun newspapers sports pages on the Monday following the Livi V ICT game something along the lines of....one day, he will write a book of the top ten games he has ever seen....and that Livi vs ICT game was gonna be right up there with the best.

I remember that -and the comment also said something like "the cherry on top of the icing of an already scrumptious cake would have been a Caley Thistle equaliser" ....

What also made that a more poignant game was the (good) behaviour and banter between the fans, as it was that same weekend that Hugh Dallas got hit with a coin in the old firm game ......

Talking of memorable games, obviously there is that game in Feb 2000  :003: and many of the other ones that have been mentioned, but lets not forget the 7-3 game against Ayr which was a beauty !!!

has to be rangers 27/12/06 2-1 win when rankin scored that winner i have never shouted so much,me nd guy i sit next to in main stand,were jumping about that much i nearly rolled down the aisle :rotflmao:was on a high for about 2 weeks after it

• 8 months later...

has to be rangers 27/12/06 2-1 win when rankin scored that winner i have never shouted so much,me nd guy i sit next to in main stand,were jumping about that much i nearly rolled down the aisle :rotflmao:was on a high for about 2 weeks after it

this is my most memorable match i remember jumping about the living room like a madman and the mrs telling me to shut up because the weans were in bed and i was waving my bookies line in the air because i had a tenner on us to win 2-1

dont ask me the odds i forget but it was plenty anyway............. :rotflmao:

all i know is it was enough to buy my ne'erday drink

tough one this....the Dec 27th Wed night win against Rangers will live with me for a long time, so will the "SuperCaley" win against Celtic, but for me it was against St Johnston to win the 1st division title. Suprised it hasnt been mentioned until now

ICT 3 - 2 Livingston at telford street in the scottish cup, cracking goals from daisey ross and mike teasdale and an amazing late winner from alan hercher. Some terrific free flowing attacking football from our then brand new signings Teasedale, Thompson and Daisey, and memorable performances from christie, mcarthur, hercher etc under the floodlights, one of the first times we featured in scotsport tv highlights a brilliant game.

Stenhousemuir 0 - 1 ICT another scottish cup adventure against higher division opposition in our second season, good atmosphere and tension throughout and a stunning long range winner against the run of play from Brian Thompson, a classic underdog performance, under the cosh but pulling out an awesome (in those days) result and getting rangers (gazza, laudrap etc) in the next round.

The game against Ayr in the cup, when we were 3 or 4 down at HT, then won 7-4/3.

That was amazing, it might not have been in the cup and it might not have been 7-4, but just remember it being something like that.

So memorable you can't even remember it :rotflmao:

Mine would be both times we beat Celtic in the Cup, or St Johnstone to win Div. 1. :thumb04:

• 2 weeks later...

The game against Ayr in the cup, when we were 3 or 4 down at HT, then won 7-4/3.

That was amazing, it might not have been in the cup and it might not have been 7-4, but just remember it being something like that.

0-3 HT

4-3 FT

Was at work listening on the radio jumping the height of myself.

No, they were in the same season. Beat Ayr 7-3 in December, and 4-3 in January. In between we had another 2 crackers where we beat Airdrie 4-0 and drew 3-3 with County when Denzil scored 2 in injury time :thumb04: :rotflmao:

What a team, bring back Pele!

Edited by The Mantis