FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yantorno

TomCaleyJag

Yantorno is definitely a player, but Gretna released him first as they couldn't afford to pay for his medical treament.  Not sure we need that part of him, but it will be ineresting to see what happens with him.

Alex, I believe that FIFA refused to give a blanket ruling for the Gretna players to sign elsewhere, but they will look a each case on an individual basis.  Unlikely they could refuse as these guys have no current income.

A move to Oldham Athletic might appeal to him more...

http://www.news-and-star.co.uk/sport/gretna_fc/1.60111

I'm sure salary wise Oldham would pay him a lot more than us.  A pity because I think he would be a great addition to our squad, to replace someone like Bayne, say!

Salary wise, perhaps yes.... but would he get to enjoy all the fun and excitement that is part of an ICT player's lot here at present..?

I know he has been injured, but Hibs clearly are prepared to take a chance on him.  I would like to think we tried to get him.  Does anyone know if we did?  I think there is more to be gained in trying for a player of this quality than giving trials to guys like Juanjo, and the ex County guy with the unpronouncable name, who lets face, have been out of SPL level football for too long.

Then again, the last time we showed a bit of ambition with a signing it stirred up a hornets nest which still hasn't settled down.

True, Kingsmills, but I applauded the Board for that move too.  And I hope Marius is still with us next season.  If not, a pile of money as a  transfer fee may make the Board's ambition justifiable.

I didn't thi8nk much of the guy to be honest.  Yes he probably stood out as one of the best players Gretna had but when he played against us he seemed like all blow and no go, plenty of fancy footwork etc, but very little by way of an end product.

Hibs obviously see something in the guy and they can perhaps afford to take a punt on him, unfortunately we can't afford such luxuries and have to spend a little wiser.