FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trust for Brew

Guest TinCanFan

How much trust do you have in Brewster in keeping ICT up next season?  

197 members have voted

1. 1.

• I have complete trust
    • I trust him a little
    • I don't trust him much
    • I don't trust him at all

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always said that Brew should have until the end of next season.  What I'd like to see is a really experienced Director of Football to support him.  Someone who really knows the game, and is respected by the bigger clubs.  I don't mean John Robertson.  Someone like Craig Brown or maybe even Terry Butcher. I'm sure someone of that calibre, not only would be a good sounding board for Brew, but would have the standing to attract decent players north.

I also think it would be desirable to have a well connected DoF, but would the club be in a position to pay the going rate for a high calibre and well connected individual.  I've heard that Willie Miller is on ?100k plus at Aberdeen.  How many players could that sum account for at ICT? 

It's a matter of priorities. A Director of Football may well cost a six figure sum but in my opinion is likely to pay dividends in the medium to long term. Especially if we are going to persist with Craig Brewster as manager.

We won't reach top six, and stay there, without becoming much more professional in every way.  That means spending money.  If we want to be a bottom six SPL side, fighting relegation every other year, then fine, stay as we are. I know it may be considered a high risk strategy, but I feel it could be worth it and I'd love to see us drop the Highland League mentality, and give it a real go.

Guest Mahonio

No reedee15, nothing heard about Gretna yet apart from that the staff and players are to have a meeting tomorrow morning.

In my opinion, i believe they are as good as finished but you just never know especially when deaedline for bidders keeps getting increased, i think that it has been increased about four times now maybe.

My approach is more cautious than some of the posters on here. And probably more fair to the Manager. And I am more than a tad angry at the constant whining about the Bad Manager.

Why do you also  not mention the fact that Brewster has had his hands full this past season  dealing with recalcitrant players whose fat heads get in the way of their words. e.g. Black's tantrums, Rankin daring to tell Brewster that he (Brew) could not inspire him, when Brew as a player has forgotten more than Rankin may learn in his entire career.That's just insolence and a lack of humility.

Then of course petulant players with a yellow card on the ref's journal deliberately getting out of control and getting sent off and thereby screwing the team for the day.--how is that the fault of Brew ? You would think that these self-same players , some with considerable experience, would give a single thought to the outcome of their actions before jumping in with both feet. Loose cannons don't help Brew to achieve  much do they? OR THE TEAM?

Remember also Brew has taken real stick on here since he arrived. When he is interviewed he stumbles a bit ---but SO WHAT?-- he is improving with his verbal delivery and statements and people grow into a job you know. How many of us would be perfect in front of a camera or microphone? At least he is always putting a good spin on negative things , does not moan or groan all the time  and tries to be upbeat . Would you all want him to be down on the players and the club repetitively instead of trying to hold his head above water? And if some of you think that your perpetual withering negative criticism is supportive, inspiring to anyone and likely to help Caley Thistle or Brew be the best that they can be, then think again.

I think Brew is actually brave .With all that he has had to put up with...including a devisive Board....he does not have an easy road to travel.

Get behind Brew, because he is here for next season don't kid yourself about that, and wait until the end of the season until you armchair experts revile him and consign him to the dustbin. If you continue like this the team may well be relegated, the spirit damaged  severely and then you may prove to be just fair-weather friends after-all  and will jump ship just as quick as you are to put-down the manager.

Mr Brewster must be given another year to prove that he can get the best out of the players that he has and prove his worth as a manager.That's the least he deserves.

If you don't think he is a good manager then express your opinion but please, show some respect for a man who has demonstrated great technical ability on the park, been an outstanding professional for more years than some of you have been on this planet, helped many a club and  many a younger player to gain experience and confidence and be an inspiration in so doing. If the players and fans gave him more support than all the vicious crap that has been thrown at him, to your shame I may say, this season , then you may be surprised at what happens in the long term This ais about TEAMWORK not individualism or do some of you not know that?

:011:

Well said Pimp.  He cops a lot of flack from people who blame him for everything under the sun.  It's not all down to him.  I'm sure he can improve, if not then we will see a change after next season.  Until then, he deserves the fans backing up to the point of no return.

I think Brew is actually brave .With all that he has had to put up with...including a devisive Board....he does not have an easy road to travel.

And why does he do it?  Bravery  :024:  no, it's because no-one in their right mind would have given him a chance at an SPL club after the nightmare of Dundee Utd  :020:

Given the amount of transfer activity going on in other teams in the SPL, Brewsters silence is deafening.  I am in no doubt that he will get us relegated - Hopefully then, the board might grow a pair and sack him... dry.gif

i dont profess to be by trying to say how to run the team :014:

why do you question every point i post,yet you dont with anyone else?? :018:

Because you post a lot of stuff I disagree with and I am arguing points that I disagree with. I thought that was the whole point of a message board? I do it with a lot of people and I would imagine people do it with me so don't play the "Woe is me" card here and simply be prepared to back up statements you make that others might disagree with  :003:

Given the amount of transfer activity going on in other teams in the SPL, Brewsters silence is deafening.  I am in no doubt that he will get us relegated - Hopefully then, the board might grow a pair and sack him... dry.gif

He shouldn't be signing any old crap though. I would have been fizzing if we picked up McNamara or Darren Young like Falkirk and Aberdeen have done. Finding the right player will take time. More so in Brewsters case perhaps. But I'd rather he took his time and weighed up his options than sign guff like Byrne (for example).

He shouldn't be signing any old crap though. I would have been fizzing if we picked up McNamara or Darren Young like Falkirk and Aberdeen have done. Finding the right player will take time. More so in Brewsters case perhaps. But I'd rather he took his time and weighed up his options than sign guff like Byrne (for example).

I'm not saying he should be rushing into signing anyone.  He made a point of saying "look at me, I'm going to the lower leagues of England to look at players" and now there is complete silence.  He should have been scouting out players to look at as soon as he was appointed, and his announcement I've mentioned has only worked against him.  It makes it look like that's the only scouting he's done all season.

I'm not saying he should be rushing into signing anyone.  He made a point of saying "look at me, I'm going to the lower leagues of England to look at players" and now there is complete silence.  He should have been scouting out players to look at as soon as he was appointed, and his announcement I've mentioned has only worked against him.  It makes it look like that's the only scouting he's done all season.

What are you wanting Brewster to say? Simply that he is looking to bring in this, that and the other? Just wondering what he is meant to say in a situation like this.

Other people aside from Brewster will be doing scouting though. It won't just be up to the Manager and I would expect that ICT have a few players on their radar that they have been checking out (Byrne is heopfully not one of them!). Most of our scouting is done over the bridge anyway  :004:

What are you wanting Brewster to say? Simply that he is looking to bring in this, that and the other? Just wondering what he is meant to say in a situation like this.

Other people aside from Brewster will be doing scouting though. It won't just be up to the Manager and I would expect that ICT have a few players on their radar that they have been checking out (Byrne is heopfully not one of them!). Most of our scouting is done over the bridge anyway  :004:

At the very least confirm that we have no interest in signing sh*te like Byrne...  :015:

Given our "scouting network" or lack there off, and Malkies shennanigans with Chester City, I'm not exactly confident about who we're bringing in...

I also think it would be desirable to have a well connected DoF, but would the club be in a position to pay the going rate for a high calibre and well connected individual.  I've heard that Willie Miller is on ?100k plus at Aberdeen.  How many players could that sum account for at ICT? 

The current DoF was given ?50,000 going by the last set of accounts I saw, so the difference between that and a higher calibre replacement isn't that big.

I have the utmost respect for Grassa and the job he has done and the part he has played in getting us where we are, but just like many other areas of the club we need to step things up a bit and take the whole thing to the next level.

One good set of signings, a youngster we get on the cheap or a decent player we grab on a free through a "better connected" DoF would easily cover the additional expense.

On the subject of Brewster....I believe we are now in a position where we have to just "suck it and see" until we've at least got a few games under our belt next season.  I've said a few times that I have little faith in his ability as a manager and I'm dreading next season.  I know that it's not all down to him and there's certain obstacles which have been placed in his way but it's not all about the signings he's making/not making, it's about getting the best out of what you have and I feel that he has not done that since his return.

What irks me more than anything else is his insatiable desire to play players out of place, this has done nothing but unsettle the team for the best part of the season.  We've not had a consistent strike partnership up front, our midfield is forever changing, players playing on the wrong side of the pitch....not to mention his complete inability to recognise when we need to be changing things during the game itself.  The decision to haul Niculae back to left midfield against Falkirk last week after we witnessed 20 minutes of sublime football and nice touches/knock ons for McAllister looked like it had been lifted from the book of tactical naivety.  It actually looked like he was deliberately trying to make Niculae look bad!!!!

He also appears to have a complete lack of motivational skills.  I'm all for disciplining players who step out of line and hauling players who aren't playing well, but there's ways and means of going about these things and Brewster is clueless as to what they are IMO.

You dont land quality cheap if you let the world know what, or who, your looking at. None of the management team have been sat on their rumps in their free time and I'm very sure the right people will be brought in to fill the voids.

If you want us to go after the players on free's that other teams dont want then wheres the ambition. And also bear in mind that most players who may be interested are now on holiday and probably not thinking about the new season just yet.

Why would we want to confirm we've no interest in Byrne. Would you expect Brew to hold a press conference and list every player he's not interested in. We have not even been linked to any players other than Barrowman at the minute so why would we mention any. The only people linking us with certain players are those who post on this site.

While I think we never should have brought CB back to the club, that our results this season have been absolutely awful, that our form is relegation material and that we will finish next season bottom of the SPL I will get behind the team and the manager.

I would like nothing more than to eat humble pie and for CB to prove my (and many others) fears wrong by doing a good job.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - I do not wish CB ill or want to see him fail.  The opposite is true.  I want to see him doing good things and achieving much, it's only good for the team I support.  I will happily admit my opinions of him as a manager were wrong and want to as well.  It's up to CB to make this happen and I wish him every success and goodluck, I just don't think (as much as I want to) that I will be proved wrong.  :007: