FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrow load of goals

Guest Chemist

Guest Chemist

Enter Andrew Barrowman. Can see why he scored so many for county last year. Seems to get into the right position to miss them! So the more chances you get the more you will net! Actually reminded me of Kris Boyd, with a few poor touches outside the box, but inside the box if it bounces or lands then he wont be far away. I like that in a player, and I hope that this is just going to be the right place for his talent. Noticed it was a 3 year deal we gave him, and that hasnt happened often lately, so they must have a good deal of trust in him.

The only problem with the Kris Boyd type player is often their workrate of the ball is questionable or ineffective ( I am one of the few that think Boyds workload and link up game has improved ten fold).

It can sometimes leave the team a player down. And you have to be careful not to make him a hard grafter outside the box and accidently nullify his best attribute.

However this can be compensated with moulding the team to work with his best attribute. A chain of supply towards him and his co striker (therefore if he is being double marked the other striker or midfielder may benefit).

Again that has its problems where if said player is to get injured the team struggle to score as their target/source has been taken away.

As long as other players are able to adapt not to rely on Barrowman if he becomes a goal machine and the team can remain a goal scoring TEAM.

Guest harrysmithno.7

I was home in Feb/March this year and went to a couple of County games.  On both occasions he was the best player on the park with the best first touch.  He scored a few and made a few.  I wondered why he was playing for County instead of us.

If he can repeat the form I saw he will be a good signing.

Barrowman looks good from what ive seen in the pre-seaons friendlies however he is not a target man, nor is dougie imrie for that matter so couldnt understand the deicsion to play the long ball like we did against st johnstone

On both occasions he was the best player on the park with the best first touch.  He scored a few and made a few. 

When i went to see him play against Berwick he had an incredibly lazy touch..but still managed 2 goals, one of them being a smashing penalty....if he was on the pitch against County he would have taken the spot-kick....and scored.