FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What Brewster has to say

Alex MacLeod

This will be my only post tonight as the usual crap gets spilt out again ! Wyness Legend is the only one who is seeing the real situation here with a bit of common sense, as for IHE and Jay GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES lads and get real.

IHE, you say arrogant, have you ever met the manager, arrogant he is not just as he's also not what you were hinting at a couple of weeks ago, I think you should get a reality check !!

Having no words to express how pee'd off I am by this result I shouldn't bother being on this forum tonight... I am now in the BREWSTER OUT camp.

Sorry Craig, learning your trade at ICT will only drag us down...we are a good team in need of a BOSS.

I think Brewster is a feckin clown....

To put Wood on again was criminal, he did nothing again apart from tripping over the ball to stop Rooney going through on goal.

His subs once again were mysterious, to take off Rooney and put on Vigurs was beyond belief, talk about negative, why was Barry not put on? at least he is an impact player who might have created a goal.

Once again we **** up in defence and we are now looking at a relegation battle which Brew is not the person to rely on.

What I see is..........some good players have been brought in. Some good football is being played. We make some mistakes and get punished. We create chances and dont take them. Today we should have been two or three up at half time, according to radio commentary. People lay the blame at Brews feet and see his substitutions being what wins or loses games. Sorry but I see the eleven players who start as being to blame. Its the ones on the park who lose concentration and gift goals. Its the ones on the park who see the net and miss the chance. Its the ones on the park who are taking the money and not doing the job.

Would any other manager, given the same players, get more out of them? C100, Radio commentator reckons it was Rooney who got in the way of Wood.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

People lay the blame at Brews feet and see his substitutions being what wins or loses games. Sorry but I see the eleven players who start as being to blame.

Alex while I wasnt at the game today so I cant comment as to whether the subsitutions were right or wrong, I dont agree that it is not subsitutions that can win games, all top managers can change the game with the correct changes at the right time.

Rooney definately got in Wood's way but what annoyed me were Brewster's substitutions again. It looked as if he was happy with a point from the game. Taking off our goalscorer and putting on a midfielder. And how long did he take to put Barrowman, it looked like he had no idea who to take off. :rotflmao:

I agree with what Brew had to say but he should not be complementing a team for scoring into us. He should be angry at his team for conceding another loosing goal.

Also, the reason Motherwells strikers where so good is because they are good enough and experienced enough to play regular SPL football. None of ours are. Rooney and Barrowman yes but they need someone out there with them on the pitch that knows how its done. Wood still has alot of growing to do(mentally) and i think he may turn out ok. Don't get me started on Rory.

Also another reason there forwards "bullied us" is because Porter and Sutton are 6 ft 1 and 6 ft 2 and Sutton is built like an 18 wheeler. Our centre backs are to finely built to deal with strikers like them. I think we also need a striker like them up front to compete with centre-halfs but we don't have that in our squad.

And so long as we cant even muster 3000 home fans on a saturday afternoon then that striker is never going to appear. But if someone could take Gary Wood aside and give him intense training and a jab to boost his maturity then I'd say 6' 2" and over thirteen stone should be what your looking for.

I think Brewster's post match comments are pretty spot on.

Not really surprising that you think that but I must admit that I agree with what he says too.

And so long as we cant even muster 3000 home fans on a saturday afternoon then that striker is never going to appear.

Do you honestly expect more fans to keep shelling out high sums of money to watch ICT in Inverness given the, lets be honest here, abysmal home record? Five wins in ten months is hardly going to get the Inverness faithful storming towards the Longman is it?

I think Brewster's post match comments are pretty spot on.

Not really surprising that you think that but I must admit that I agree with what he says too.

And so long as we cant even muster 3000 home fans on a saturday afternoon then that striker is never going to appear.

Do you honestly expect more fans to keep shelling out high sums of money to watch ICT in Inverness given the, lets be honest here, abysmal home record? Five wins in ten months is hardly going to get the Inverness faithful storming towards the Longman is it?

No. And niether will todays weather. But!! Unless the gates increase then we cant afford the players we need. Catch 22 mate.

Come on Alex...other managers have managed to produce a far better product on the park than Brewster has and on far smaller and tighter budgets, so I don't buy this "it's the fault of the fans for not turning up and making the money available" nonsense. Granted a bit more money might make the job easier, but we don't have it, and if Brewster isn't capable of producing a team on what is available then he's not the man to be leading ICT.

We had experienced Strikers, but they were let go and we had ample time to be finding replacements and all we've brought in are youngsters. Me, and many others were saying long before the season started that we would struggle to find goals due to lack of experience up front, and unfortunately that's proving to be the case. I don't blame the young lads, they are being sent out there to do a job they simply aren't experienced enough to do and they are taking pelters for it from some fans week in week out which isn't exactly helping the situation.

Brewster is the manager, so the buck stops with him. He's the man that's selecting the team to go out there every week and he's the man responsible for making sure the players are fired up for it and raring to go. If they aren't, then something is wrong somewhere, and whilst one or two players might have an off day, we're seeing far too many situations where the majority of the team seem to be having an off day or just aren't up for it....the question is why? and the the only person that can put it right is the manager.

No. And niether will todays weather. But!! Unless the gates increase then we cant afford the players we need. Catch 22 mate.

Yup. It's a vicious circle. Something will have to give first. The crowd today was very poor. To be honest I thought it was sub 3,000.

This will be my only post tonight as the usual crap gets spilt out again ! Wyness Legend is the only one who is seeing the real situation here with a bit of common sense, as for IHE and Jay GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES lads and get real.

IHE, you say arrogant, have you ever met the manager, arrogant he is not just as he's also not what you were hinting at a couple of weeks ago, I think you should get a reality check !!

Well - most of the players and staff think he is arrogant.

Edited by Yngwie

I thought we were really unlucky today! Totally dominated the first half and should've been two up at least. Second half started fine and Rooney took goal well. But we don't know how to kill these kind of games and in turn start to defend deeper, like today

However after the equaliser, Barry and Barrowman would have been my preferred subs, not Roy and Vigurs going back to a 4-5-1. Barrowman only got five minutes, how do you expect impact in such a short space of time. Naviety on behalf of Mr Brewster.