FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positive posts only

Fanoffooty

Thats more like it! at least Falkirk are in a worse position than us! I can see us beating em tomorrow! That will be the positive we all need, id rather it were in the league though.

Nah. I'm bored with the league now. Time we won a cup. Or at least got to a cup final. Those back-to-back semis at Hampden were excellent.

Have high hopes of being able to go to Falkirk - took a lot of work home with me tonight to free up tomorrow. I hope both teams play the way they did at the same venue a few weeks back...

Thats more like it! at least Falkirk are in a worse position than us! I can see us beating em tomorrow! That will be the positive we all need, id rather it were in the league though.

Nah. I'm bored with the league now. Time we won a cup. Or at least got to a cup final. Those back-to-back semis at Hampden were excellent.

Have high hopes of being able to go to Falkirk - took a lot of work home with me tonight to free up tomorrow. I hope both teams play the way they did at the same venue a few weeks back...

Hmmm i dnno, CIS cup would be nice, i just hope we stay up, if we dont financially were boned. Id rather get three points myself. Its more important to stay a prem side and consolidate than to get a cup, for me anyway.

Hmmm i dnno, CIS cup would be nice, i just hope we stay up, if we dont financially were boned. Id rather get three points myself. Its more important to stay a prem side and consolidate than to get a cup, for me anyway.

With the cup comes money

FROM TEAMTALK.COM

Brewster happy to go distance

Craig Brewster does not care if it takes extra-time and penalties for Inverness to win their Co-op Insurance Cup tie against Falkirk

The Highlanders only progressed into the quarter-finals after two tense victories.

Brewster's side squeezed past Arbroath on penalties in the second round and endured an equally nail-biting encounter with Morton in the following round, eventually winning 2-1 after extra-time.

But Brewster is quite prepared to go through the dreaded lottery of penalty kicks again if it means his side make it into their first ever league cup semi-final.

He said: "It doesn't matter how we get through. The main thing is getting in that draw for the final four.

"If the match goes to extra-time or penalties then we will be ready for it."

Inverness have been defeated three times at the quarter-final stage of the competition in the past, most recently against Aberdeen last season in a 4-1 loss.

However Brewster is hopeful that his side can finally earn a place in the last four of the cup.

"It would be nice to get into the semi-final, especially as we don't have a great cup tradition," he said.

"We hope we can change that against Falkirk."

The Highlanders already know what it feels like to defeat John Hughes' side at the Falkirk Stadium. Dougie Imrie's late-strike gave them a 2-1 victory there back in August.

Brewster, whose only absentee for the match is the injured Phil McGuire, is hoping for more of the same tomorrow evening.

He added: "It was a great performance that day and we need another one tomorrow night to get us into the semi-final. We have got to take confidence from the way we played against them last time."

Inverness will still be smarting after throwing away a one-goal lead against Motherwell in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League at the weekend.

However they will have been boosted by the news that Falkirk forward Steve Lovell will miss the match through suspension, after being sent-off against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Nonetheless, Brewster is expecting a tough match against a Falkirk side that will be just as desperate as Caley to get themselves into the last four of the competition.

He said: "We know that they'll be determined to win the match and we just have to be ready for it."

FROM TEAMTALK.COM

Brewster happy to go distance

Craig Brewster does not care if it takes extra-time and penalties for Inverness to win their Co-op Insurance Cup tie against Falkirk

The Highlanders only progressed into the quarter-finals after two tense victories.

Brewster's side squeezed past Arbroath on penalties in the second round and endured an equally nail-biting encounter with Morton in the following round, eventually winning 2-1 after extra-time.

But Brewster is quite prepared to go through the dreaded lottery of penalty kicks again if it means his side make it into their first ever league cup semi-final.

He said: "It doesn't matter how we get through. The main thing is getting in that draw for the final four.

"If the match goes to extra-time or penalties then we will be ready for it."

Inverness have been defeated three times at the quarter-final stage of the competition in the past, most recently against Aberdeen last season in a 4-1 loss.

However Brewster is hopeful that his side can finally earn a place in the last four of the cup.

"It would be nice to get into the semi-final, especially as we don't have a great cup tradition," he said.

"We hope we can change that against Falkirk."

The Highlanders already know what it feels like to defeat John Hughes' side at the Falkirk Stadium. Dougie Imrie's late-strike gave them a 2-1 victory there back in August.

Brewster, whose only absentee for the match is the injured Phil McGuire, is hoping for more of the same tomorrow evening.

He added: "It was a great performance that day and we need another one tomorrow night to get us into the semi-final. We have got to take confidence from the way we played against them last time."

Inverness will still be smarting after throwing away a one-goal lead against Motherwell in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League at the weekend.

However they will have been boosted by the news that Falkirk forward Steve Lovell will miss the match through suspension, after being sent-off against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Nonetheless, Brewster is expecting a tough match against a Falkirk side that will be just as desperate as Caley to get themselves into the last four of the competition.

He said: "We know that they'll be determined to win the match and we just have to be ready for it."

:rotflmao: :thumb04: Yes READY WILLING & ABLE :018: ;)

He can say all that, but its what happens on the pitch that matters. And we haven't been showing anything of late that would make us worthy of being in the semi's. But it's the cup...anything can happen.

Lets just hope the players have the right attitude and are up for it and give their all for 90+ mins.

Guest WynessLegend

I agree with Mantis !

Shame Kingsmills and Mantis didn't read the title of the thread.

If you can't think of anything positive to say

don't say anything at all.

:rotflmao:

Bairns 1 Caley 3

Edited by WynessLegend