FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

esson

strathyjags

whats everyones thoughts on him? was last nights game a one off or will he keep his place?i have heard from a reliable source fraser isnt happy with the wage hes on and has asked duncan shearer to put feelers out with his contacts about a move,heard how much more cash he wants to stay and it isnt much compared to what some ict bench warmers are one :rotflmao:

I think technique-wise he is a better keeper than Michael Fraser, he is also more experienced as he has been in the Scotland squad once or twice. I still think Mikey is an excellent keeper though, but i think given that he has made a couple of hashes like Mikolounas goal for Hearts and Connor Sammons for Killie i think Esson deserves a chance.

whats everyones thoughts on him? was last nights game a one off or will he keep his place?i have heard from a reliable source fraser isnt happy with the wage hes on and has asked duncan shearer to put feelers out with his contacts about a move,heard how much more cash he wants to stay and it isnt much compared to what some ict bench warmers are one :rotflmao:

Ikes contract is up for negotiation so this is the time when he should be talking about money. I'm quite sure he's happy enough where he is. He is the No.1 and Esson was brought in to provide competition. Mike could leave us and never get another opportunity like he has here

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Fraser is an ok keeper and we could have worse. He's also young and still learning and will, IMO, be a great keeper some day. In saying that though, I don't think he's worth breaking the bank for and I'd far rather see us stretching the budget to secure contracts elsewhere in the squad.

I feel that we are in the strongest position, having Esson as back up.

In goal or on the bench? I feel he should be given an extended run to gel with the back players in a competitive situation and then we will have the best of him. His experience will rub off on the defense, his distribution from his throw outs will create more attacks on the ground, leading to better football from the team. Why is he not being used right now? We need our current goalie's signature on a contract!

Fraser must realise that he has not attracted any attention yet but if he sits where he is and gets a share of the matches, he will then have a chance to showcase himself and perhaps follow his predecessor into the higher earning bracket, in the future.

Seen all 3 cup ties and would have no problem if Esson was kept in the team. If anything I think his experience makes him a shade better than Mikey but Mikey has certainly learned a lot over the past 2 years and has time on his side. Also is Esson a bit taller?

Seen all 3 cup ties and would have no problem if Esson was kept in the team. If anything I think his experience makes him a shade better than Mikey but Mikey has certainly learned a lot over the past 2 years and has time on his side. Also is Esson a bit taller?

Esson 6'1"............Fraser 6' 3"

Difficult to say who'd be the best week on week but Fraser does need to learn how to read the game and when to throw out, kick out or whatever.

P&J Today

Guest WynessLegend

Definitely think that Fraser's demands for more money should be completely ignored.

Two reasons for this -

Esson is a better keeper.

No other team would be remotely interested in signing Fraser.

Definitely think that Fraser's demands for more money should be completely ignored.

Two reasons for this -

Esson is a better keeper.

No other team would be remotely interested in signing Fraser.

I know what i would be saying to Fraser. That is the contract take it or leave it. The problem with him is he believes he is better than he is. I would have thought with the mistakes he has made this season he would be more humble.I would be surprised if any other s.p.l. club came in for him. Esson is a far more experienced and better all round keeper and deserves a run in the team.

Knowing Brew it was probably his plan to put Ryan Esson in the starting team. But he wanted to wait and see how Ike gets on. But had it been Brew as manager 2 years ago when Brown left i imagine he may have handled things differently.

Esson will not get a permanent place until Fraser signs on the dotted line.

If Fraser is dropped/subbed at this time he could react and delay signing, this could have a disruptive reaction in the dressing room.

With Brew having won the dressing room and the spirit in there being up at the moment, why take a chance.

Ikes contract is up for negotiation so this is the time when he should be talking about money. I'm quite sure he's happy enough where he is. He is the No.1 and Esson was brought in to provide competition. Mike could leave us and never get another opportunity like he has here

thats the thing though,hes seeing players playing a bit part on more than twice his wage,so he certainly isnt happy

i think esson is a good keeper and makes a great second choice keeper...i think we should count ourselves lucky to have two decent keepers...i think we should stick with ike. ike is doing fine at the moment and will only get better with time. what i find funny is that people on here are questioning ike's possible request for more money...im sorry but every single person in the world would be asking for more money if you were in the same position....starting every game and on half the wage of some very over rated and well past it players. we should be more concerned with some of our out field players that are too old or just dont cut it in the SPL.

Why do people think Esson would be the better keeper. In the two seasons he had at Shrewsbury he played 6 times.

I think I am right in saying that he was injured for most, or at least a significant part, of his time there

Why do people think Esson would be the better keeper. In the two seasons he had at Shrewsbury he played 6 times.

I always rated him highly when he was at Aberdeen. Quite a few times he single handedly denied us the three points.

In the cup games I've seen him in this season he seems more assured in every department than Michael. His distribution is much better, and he gets the attacks moving far quicker.