esson

strathyjags

Time to give Esson a chance, although Fraser is a good shot stopper he can be indecisive in front of goal at times.

I saw the CIS Arbroath and Falkirk matches and Esson looked comfortable in both games.

Arbroath scored 2 and Esson had the first goal covered but McGuire deflected the ball in to the other side of the goal mouth, the other was from a penalty and what chance do you have from a two on one situation when both are in an offside position at the Falkirk match.

Was curious as I could not recall who was out goalkeeping coach so just checked the official site - Stuart Garden - he certainly has some work to do by all accounts....

According to the official site we have 3 first team goalkeepers:

1 Michael Fraser

23 Ryan Esson

29 Andy McNulty (on loan to Elgin City) - I assume he can be recalled on short notice if we have a sudden keeper issue?

earlier in this post i defended Ike and thought he should keep his place for now, but maybe after his errors against rangers i think it would be best to drop him...if an outfield player performs badly then they get replaced so maybe it's time for esson to come in and try do a job...at least that would push Ike to work a lot harder.

Why do people think Esson would be the better keeper. In the two seasons he had at Shrewsbury he played 6 times.

He was injured most of that time, i think people are rating on his performances for Aberdeen.

Edited by ajsict92

Esson will not get a permanent place until Fraser signs on the dotted line.

If Fraser is dropped/subbed at this time he could react and delay signing, this could have a disruptive reaction in the dressing room.

With Brew having won the dressing room and the spirit in there being up at the moment, why take a chance.

Eh..bollocks, do you think the players enjoy having their keeper make these feckups? it would not upset the dressing room, its a game of performances, and these guys get a bonus for winning, get Esson in there now!

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

fraser-well after the game against rangers???? :rotflmao:

esson is has more experience, and has played well in th c.i.s

he deserves his chance