FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs Smileymometer

Before I begin - aint looked at any other threads and this is ma one and only offering.

I travelled to Embra half expecting a thumping and the demise of Brewster - He aint out of the sharn yet but he regressed to his tactics of last season - and today was reminiscent of the Tannadice 1-0 "hammering" - That is the best performnace from ICT since that day or beyond.

Brew reverted to the formation and tactics of the days of yore plus. He played a very tight 4-5-1 - a very compact back four evidently told to defend and not go forward - fair enuff - never seen Rosscoe so shackled !! You really had to be there to believe it - very defensive but understandable

The defence held a high line and appeared to be together fer the first time this season - (RE) -we flooded the middle but played Imrie and Cowie wide (albeit on the wrong feckin side again) - we were out of shape in the middle - until we got the goal - but then we went very compact and Duncan (who was doing a Royster impersonation) went back in to the hold and we played a very tight but effective midfield with Black and Vigurs as joint playmakers ( buth with both on the wrong foot !!) WHY ??

ESSON :003: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) He won us the game - MOM by a feckin mile - alert, manic, always looking fer the early ball - First time I saw him at falkirk I called him Calderesque - he was excellent - he responded instantly to the fans - potentially a cult hero in the making.

ROSCOE :lol: :015: :D Evidently harnessed but did the defensive job.

HASTINGS :P :021: :D As per Rosscoe.

MUNRO :D :D :D :D Just held his line and harnessed the rest.

PROCTOR :D :D :D Still not convinced that he is a central defender but his extra pace helped.

IMRIE :D :D :D **** me does he go hot and cold - great appetite fer the game, some lubbly touches - PUT HIM ON THE LEFT

DUNCAN :D :D :D :D Really didnt know where he was before they scored but went back to the "hole" after - Respect as usual.

BLACK :D :D :D :D :D International class apart from the temparament - the boy ruled the game.

VIGURS :D :D :D Lost until Duncan went in the hole - showed his class thereafter.

COWIE :D :D :D :D :D If he had been on the right flank we would have massacred them.

WOODS :D :D Sorry the lad worked his socks off but was pretty ineffective.

Long way to go - There is only one Ryan Esson

Brew got out of jail today but I have to admit that it was the best away day in yonks.

Near enough Jondo, listened on the radio and sounded like a good counter attacking display, probably like Dons game.

Incidentally, Wood got big points on the Sentanta player rating.

Young zogg and crusher were in atendance.

Near enough Jondo, listened on the radio and sounded like a good counter attacking display, probably like Dons game.

Incidentally, Wood got big points on the Sentanta player rating.

Young zogg and crusher were in atendance.

All I can say or slur is that it was another feckin great away day >

Esson - As per everything IHE says :003: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Hastings - Back to his best, everything he needed to do, tackled, and gave the ball to the more creative players, rather then looking for the Hollywood pass everytime. :lol: :015: :D :P

Rosscoe - Effing solid, terrific going forward, commanding at the back. :021: :D :D :D :D

Munro - Solid :D :D :D

Proctor - Solid :D :D :D

Imrie - Full of energy, and some nice touches. :D :D :D :D

Cowie - Class today, bloddy class, but stuck on the wrong wing. :D :D :D :D

Duncan - Did all the dirty work today, excellent preformance, always knows when danger is brewing :D :D :D :D

Black - Usual preformance, played the game at his own pace. :D :D :D :D

Vigurs - Oozed class, it's been a long time since we have had a midfielder that can split a defence with the flick of one boot. In fact scrap that, the boy is two-footed :D :D :D :D :003:

Wood - Worked his socks off, and gave Jones a horrible afternoon, however still haven't seen enough to merit starting him as the lone striker :003: :003: :003:

He was communicating with Munro. VERY impressed by him!

I was pleasantly surprised at how much he was communicating with the defence in the pre-season game against St Johnstone, considering he'd only be at the club a few days. He also made a great save and was always looking for early balls forwards; essential to our counter-attacking style away from home.

Glad to have him on board (something I wouldn't of said 4 years ago!)

I would have to add that yeterday was the first time in YEARS that I actually felt that Esson would save the penalty - where are the stattos - how many penalties did Brown and Fraser miss/save.

I may be unkind but I would still go fer Rooney instead of Wood - the lad did a brave Terry Butcher yesterday and certainly put himself about - wish we get a traditional centre forward and keep the young lad in reserve.

So this morning the hangover says RYAN ESSON - total respect / GARY WOOD - respect / Many thanks to the players fer looking together and playing football fer the first time in ages and :rotflmao: to Craig Brewster fer listening to the fans and going back to the basics - when he learns right and left he may even get a feckin hug.

Wood is great at the lone striker role. He wins headers, runs the channels and holds the ball up well. He did better against Jones and Hogg than any other Caley centre-forward for the past three or four visits to Easter Road.

His unselfish display was extremely promising and if he carries on like that (and adds a few goals) he could be a real find.

Suggestion for a Garry Wood song:

Garry! Garry Wood! Garry! Garry Wood! etc