FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Livi doing a Gretna?

absent friend

It would appear from the press that Livi are again in financial stook!

It is stated that they only have a few days to meet their creditors deadline and one of the creditors is the Revenue and, I understand, they don't take prisoners!

Maybe this is when we should be grateful for the financial help and direction we have received over the years and dwell on this positive.

Have any other club ever been close to extinction on so many occasions as Livingston?

Some of our most entertaining games were against Livi and it always seemed to be one of the better away days.

Can't say that I would want to see them (or any club) disappear, no fan deserves to lose their team as the result of mismanagement by those who were charged with being guardians of the club.

I agree with D...there have been some monumental games with Livi over the years....including the most enoyable defeat of all time (the 4-3 away to Livi on 01-05-1999). Now.....if only Brewster could produce defeats like that, ad be there week in week out.

I hate to see any team go the wall but I feel there may be a few more 'Gretna's' over the coming months / years as football continues to price itself out of the market.

I like Livvies ground and wished we had a stadium like that - it they do go to the wall can we have their ground please.

I hate to see any team go the wall but I feel there may be a few more 'Gretna's' over the coming months / years as football continues to price itself out of the market.

Indeed. 100% agree with you there.

• 2 weeks later...

McPake came through the Livingston youth team as a promising striker. Broke into the first team and done well.

When Livi went into Administration he was forced to take up a new position as defender. And what a cracking one he is too.

Very very versatile player, think that is his charm!

what position does he play?

McPake came through the Livingston youth team as a promising striker. Broke into the first team and done well.

When Livi went into Administration he was forced to take up a new position as defender. And what a cracking one he is too.

Very very versatile player, think that is his charm!

Why is there not a whoosh smiley? :rotflmao:

If it does happen i would get Dave MacKay and Joe Hammill. Great players and both players that would be required here. No chance of McPake now obviously.