FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dear Craig

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

From : Professor Johndo MacKenzie; Principle Tactician, The Royal Academy of Footballing Tactics, Chorley, Lancashire.

When yer team is sinking - get on the Raft. :D

Craig,

Initially this season you were given another chance and the slate was wiped clean. Unfortunately your behaviour in class changed little and you continued to be smug, arrogant, self centred and apparently unwilling to accept constructive criticism and/or professional advice and guidance. Your treatment of some seasoned professionals was simply looked at in disdain.

However I do note that in recent weeks you have began to take heed of your lessons and you are gradually beginning to change your selections and tactics as has been taught to you. The changes could have been made hastier and I note that there are still areas where ya need to develop further although I can appreciate that you want to do things slowly so that it is not obvious that you havent thought up the changes yerself.

I have to say that yer wont fer young boys is encourging and ya have developed the likes of Duff and Vigurs - but watch that ya dont turn young Wood into another Rory.

Ya have evidently realised that Ryan Esson is the first choice custodian and has probably earned you a few points and reprieves in the last few weeks. Let us hope that your pig headed protection and blindness to the faults of Mikey Fraser does not continue with some of your other evidently favourite boys.

Ya are beginning to learn that 4-4-2 = Home and 4-5-1 = Away :rotflmao: :018:

One can forgive ya fer sticking to the legend Rosscoe but remember the lesson about how to adapt when a legend is suspended.

Unfortunately ya do not have appeared to realise (yet) that yer wee mate Proctor is not - and never will be - a feckin central defender and yer compassion and adherence to the Canadian moose at left back is one of yer major red marks. :015:

Ya did well to play and perservere with wee Jamie Duff but your recent trend of ignoring him again brings your mrks down. :D

Ya finally have taken on board that yer midfield five should be Cowie; Black; Duncan; Vigurs and Imrie but you inanely continue to play the wide men constantly on their wrong foot instead of interchanging them. :P ;)

Your biggest fault is your favouring of Gary Wood - It is quite evident that Rooney should be the lone striker choice up front - how can ya drop Wood, play Rooney and Barrowman at home, play Rooney fer 90 minutes and then - the next game - drop the two and play Wood. In this instance - get a feckin grip man.

Look at yer bench choices more carefully - look at Bazza fer the last half hour more often - play McBain where he is most effective at left back.

So I will give you a C/D but you could be a B if ya listen to ma wisdom - that is, of course, that you are not deliberately trying to **** aff Black, Cowie and Rooney and you are considering treating Wilson in the same shameful manner that you treated Wyness. :021:

Remember - Old Tulloch boy is looking at yer contract - ya may be out on yer erse soon anyway.

So stop being a :thumb04: and be more of a :D or :D and :lol:

Ya

Spot on. Too many people on here are stuck in the past.

I cannot recall as being so disorganised before ?

It's all been posted before. Lots of times.

No it hasnt - this is the first time that I have raised the concerns of the RAFT organisation. It simply needs to be done as poor Craig is a slow learner.

Dear Johndo,

**** aff.

Craig

At least I dont pretend to be summat or somebody I'm not. And I can assure ya that Craig is taking notice - Have you not noticed how his selections and tactics are following my bidding ?

These posts are hilarious! What is this? Championship manager!? Does anyone posting on here watch the players in training, day in, day out?

Get over it guys. As long as Caley stay up then Craig Brewster will be in the job

And here was me thinking that it was all about our league and cup performances on the pitch - silly me !! :rotflmao:

But the last line is probably accurate and says it all about our tunnelled visioned, old school management.

Guest Spectre

The following has been discovered in a waste bin at TCS.

"Dear Monday Morning Quarterback,

You, and your internet groupies, really are full of it aren't you?

Congratulations on your qualifications, however. Which internet site did you buy them from? Maybe you should get out there and get some real ones and try them out in the real world. Under 7's would be a good place to start.

I note on the one hand you moan at me for showing loyalty to players and not, say, dropping them after one poor performance and at the same time for rotating my striker selection. You don't seem to realise there's a balance between allowing players to play themselves back into form, not having them play too conservatively because of fear of being dropped after one bad game and still having competition for places. But I guess that is the joy of being an armchair critic playing in a fantasy world.

You also don't seem to be aware what certain players bring the team. You slag off 3 of Saturday's back 4 who in fact had excellent games. Hastings' pace, Tokely's physical presence and Proctor's composure on the ball were all evident.

You continually whine about players on the "wrong" wing. The benefit of this in 4-5-1 has already been explained to you. I do recollect a certain Mr Mourinho playing Joe Cole like this, but then what's he ever won on Championship Manager?

You complain about Gary Wood in a 4-5-1. What game were you watching? Gary did an excellent job in keeping the ball under pressure from 2/3 defenders. He's our most physical forward and that's why he started.

With regard to Barry Wilson, no doubt if we'd got through to December without giving Barry a start, you'd moan at me for not giving him a chance to prove himself for a contract extension. As it is he changed the game the previous week, Cowie was injured so I gave him a start. What message would it have sent if I promoted someone over him?

As to Dennis Wyness, I gave him a chance to earn a new contract despite a very disappointing performance against Hearts but he made alternative arrangements. He's yet to score this season I believe. And whilst we are on it, Graham Bayne has scored 2 league goals this season so far - no more than all our supposedly completely inexperienced strike force and despite being in a lower division.

Yours etc."

From : Professor Johndo MacKenzie; Principle Tactician, The Royal Academy of Footballing Tactics, Chorley, Lancashire.

When yer team is sinking - get on the Raft. :D

Craig,

Initially this season you were given another chance and the slate was wiped clean. Unfortunately your behaviour in class changed little and you continued to be smug, arrogant, self centred and apparently unwilling to accept constructive criticism and/or professional advice and guidance. Your treatment of some seasoned professionals was simply looked at in disdain.

However I do note that in recent weeks you have began to take heed of your lessons and you are gradually beginning to change your selections and tactics as has been taught to you. The changes could have been made hastier and I note that there are still areas where ya need to develop further although I can appreciate that you want to do things slowly so that it is not obvious that you havent thought up the changes yerself.

I have to say that yer wont fer young boys is encourging and ya have developed the likes of Duff and Vigurs - but watch that ya dont turn young Wood into another Rory.

Ya have evidently realised that Ryan Esson is the first choice custodian and has probably earned you a few points and reprieves in the last few weeks. Let us hope that your pig headed protection and blindness to the faults of Mikey Fraser does not continue with some of your other evidently favourite boys.

Ya are beginning to learn that 4-4-2 = Home and 4-5-1 = Away :thumb04: :018:

One can forgive ya fer sticking to the legend Rosscoe but remember the lesson about how to adapt when a legend is suspended.

Unfortunately ya do not have appeared to realise (yet) that yer wee mate Proctor is not - and never will be - a feckin central defender and yer compassion and adherence to the Canadian moose at left back is one of yer major red marks. :015:

Ya did well to play and perservere with wee Jamie Duff but your recent trend of ignoring him again brings your mrks down. :D

Ya finally have taken on board that yer midfield five should be Cowie; Black; Duncan; Vigurs and Imrie but you inanely continue to play the wide men constantly on their wrong foot instead of interchanging them. :P ;)

Your biggest fault is your favouring of Gary Wood - It is quite evident that Rooney should be the lone striker choice up front - how can ya drop Wood, play Rooney and Barrowman at home, play Rooney fer 90 minutes and then - the next game - drop the two and play Wood. In this instance - get a feckin grip man.

Look at yer bench choices more carefully - look at Bazza fer the last half hour more often - play McBain where he is most effective at left back.

So I will give you a C/D but you could be a B if ya listen to ma wisdom - that is, of course, that you are not deliberately trying to **** aff Black, Cowie and Rooney and you are considering treating Wilson in the same shameful manner that you treated Wyness. :021:

Remember - Old Tulloch boy is looking at yer contract - ya may be out on yer erse soon anyway.

So stop being a :rotflmao: and be more of a :D or :D and :lol:

Ya

IHE, I couldn/t have put it better myself, loved it, all of it.

I personally don't think CB would be capable of writing such a letter as he doesn't tend to string too many consecutive sentences together without a pause...

However, I do belive he may have hacked into Yngwie's user account to post the following...

Dear Johndo,

**** aff.

Craig

:rotflmao:

The following has been discovered in a waste bin at TCS.

"Dear Monday Morning Quarterback,

You, and your internet groupies, really are full of it aren't you?

Congratulations on your qualifications, however. Which internet site did you buy them from? Maybe you should get out there and get some real ones and try them out in the real world. Under 7's would be a good place to start.

I note on the one hand you moan at me for showing loyalty to players and not, say, dropping them after one poor performance and at the same time for rotating my striker selection. You don't seem to realise there's a balance between allowing players to play themselves back into form, not having them play too conservatively because of fear of being dropped after one bad game and still having competition for places. But I guess that is the joy of being an armchair critic playing in a fantasy world.

You also don't seem to be aware what certain players bring the team. You slag off 3 of Saturday's back 4 who in fact had excellent games. Hastings' pace, Tokely's physical presence and Proctor's composure on the ball were all evident.

You continually whine about players on the "wrong" wing. The benefit of this in 4-5-1 has already been explained to you. I do recollect a certain Mr Mourinho playing Joe Cole like this, but then what's he ever won on Championship Manager?

You complain about Gary Wood in a 4-5-1. What game were you watching? Gary did an excellent job in keeping the ball under pressure from 2/3 defenders. He's our most physical forward and that's why he started.

With regard to Barry Wilson, no doubt if we'd got through to December without giving Barry a start, you'd moan at me for not giving him a chance to prove himself for a contract extension. As it is he changed the game the previous week, Cowie was injured so I gave him a start. What message would it have sent if I promoted someone over him?

As to Dennis Wyness, I gave him a chance to earn a new contract despite a very disappointing performance against Hearts but he made alternative arrangements. He's yet to score this season I believe. And whilst we are on it, Graham Bayne has scored 2 league goals this season so far - no more than all our supposedly completely inexperienced strike force and despite being in a lower division.

Yours etc."

I have more letters after my name than the number o bins that you scavenge in every day - I see you are one of the tactical "cretins" who look at the last game and not the season as a whole. Hastings has been playing himself back into form since feckin March !! He may have pace - he may be an OK defender - but he is making too many costly mistakes and he is hardly a positive in an attacking sense - if ya watch closely ya will see that he is often the butt of the other players derision.

I agree with you about Rosscoe but he has been inconsistent and is getting targetted more by the shrweder tacticians in the SPL - I like Proctor as a player but he is wasted at centre back and is never going to be there permanently - so why not give Duff the chance - he had 3 excellent games in a row and still got dropped !!

I know the "benefits" of wing interchange but we dont do that - Imrie aint a Cole - Cowie isnt a Ronaldo - although I suppose I am close to a Mourinho. the players are evidently uneasy / unsure - given our record this season how can anyone say that it has been successful !!!

Wood isnt our most physical forward - Rooney is - so if Wood is first choice - why did Brew bench him against the Jam Tarts - the lad has potential but he not ready - yet.

Wilson changed the game - must have missed that !! Dont think I have been advocating starting Wilson - I have been advising to use him for the last 30.

As fer Wyness - he was humiliated. Would ya have Bayne in front of Wood, McAllister, Rooney and Barrowman ?

Looks like Spectre is as clueless as his imaginary manager friend - Stick to scavenging ya ersehole. :rotflmao:

Guest Spectre

Wyness - it's a harsh world but I can't believe anyone who saw him in that game last season would think he should have had a new contract. ok it's one game, but there was a pattern - too easily dispossesed, weak shots etc.

Bayne - no I'm not, although he is "better" in a long ball game, my point is he's not outscored the new guys.

Hastings - I'm not assessing him on one game.

Proctor - when did we last play a centre back willing to bring the ball out of defence rather than hoof it away? ok he needs to eat a few more pies. Yeah Duff's great potential but he's made a few mistakes too.

Tokely - fair point but I think he's upped his game in the last few matches I've seen.

Wood - Rooney more physical? Are you having a laugh. Rooney's touch much better but Wood fights for everything. All 3 lack composure in front of goal but hopefully experience will cure that.

Wilson - ok I was going on the reports that he made an impact. Last season I said that's how he should be used when others were saying he should start. But it's fair to given him a start to see what he can do in the first 60 rather than just the last 30. Latapy used to start a few games and he's 95.

Mourinho - Also a legend in his own mind. :rotflmao:

Wyness - it's a harsh world but I can't believe anyone who saw him in that game last season would think he should have had a new contract. ok it's one game, but there was a pattern - too easily dispossesed, weak shots etc.

Bayne - no I'm not, although he is "better" in a long ball game, my point is he's not outscored the new guys.

Hastings - I'm not assessing him on one game.

Proctor - when did we last play a centre back willing to bring the ball out of defence rather than hoof it away? ok he needs to eat a few more pies. Yeah Duff's great potential but he's made a few mistakes too.

Tokely - fair point but I think he's upped his game in the last few matches I've seen.

Wood - Rooney more physical? Are you having a laugh. Rooney's touch much better but Wood fights for everything. All 3 lack composure in front of goal but hopefully experience will cure that.

Wilson - ok I was going on the reports that he made an impact. Last season I said that's how he should be used when others were saying he should start. But it's fair to given him a start to see what he can do in the first 60 rather than just the last 30. Latapy used to start a few games and he's 95.

Mourinho - Also a legend in his own mind. :rotflmao:

So - basically - you agree with me - fair enuff - but just to drive home yer acceptance.

I never said that Wyness deserved to stay - I am staing that he was treated very badly - he was basically told that he had a contract and then Brewster decided to go bak on it - perhaps it was the gutless old school but Denzil was treated appalingly.

Bayne is by far the better option away from home - he would also be the "grafter" at home which would allow one of the others to play more on the last man - especially Barrowman.

Proctor is simply NOT a central defender. I suspect that he will go to right back when Rosscoe is injured. I think he could do a job as a ready replacement fer Duncan - or practically anyone in right midfield.

Mourinho's results say it all - as do mine.