FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Courier Article

RiG

Haha I remember that very well... got lost from my party, and I was only young then, got taken to the police section of the stadium so they could make an announcement then was picked up by one of the people from the bus... only to walk up the steps and the ref to call it off right there and then :rotflmao: Good days!

As for 'Caley', I can understand your belief in our team and thinking that we will not go down, but I won't be one of those who keep the 'we will wait to see at the end of the season' thinking. Of course we aren't Man.U etc. but everyone wants the team to do well and hovering from the bottom of the league is not wanted!

When I was only young it was the late 1980s and I was watching Highland League football like Caley v Rothes, Caley v Brora etc. so I suppose I can maybe appreciate where we are now more than fans of a younger generation than me.

For an Inverness club to be even hovering around the bottom of the Premier League is pretty good considering our population.

Ach away with ye. It could easily be argued that Motherwell, Falkirk, Kilmarknock and a few others have a smaller population catchment then we do.

Haha I remember that very well... got lost from my party, and I was only young then, got taken to the police section of the stadium so they could make an announcement then was picked up by one of the people from the bus... only to walk up the steps and the ref to call it off right there and then :rotflmao: Good days!

As for 'Caley', I can understand your belief in our team and thinking that we will not go down, but I won't be one of those who keep the 'we will wait to see at the end of the season' thinking. Of course we aren't Man.U etc. but everyone wants the team to do well and hovering from the bottom of the league is not wanted!

When I was only young it was the late 1980s and I was watching Highland League football like Caley v Rothes, Caley v Brora etc. so I suppose I can maybe appreciate where we are now more than fans of a younger generation than me.

For an Inverness club to be even hovering around the bottom of the Premier League is pretty good considering our population.

Just because you've been around longer than me, your say is more important is it? I'll have you know that I was a Caley fan to before the merger so you can shove your I can appreciate it more than the younger fans bullsh*t!

Edited by clacher_holiday2
To remove abusive language

We shouldn't be "hovering round the bottom" of anything. Believe it or not, we are better than that. It's not unreasonable to aim for mid-table, and even a top half finish. Our population/catchment area is also not that small: Inverness is not a wee town any more, it's a (quite sprawling) city, and we should also be able to attract fans from the Highlands in general. So sorry, I don't buy the "this is as good as it's going to get, so be thankful" argument. Things have already been better than this in previous seasons in terms of league placement, standard of football etc. It just feels like we've completely stopped trying in the past year and are now going backwards. That's why so many people, including myself, are so upset.

Just because you've been around longer than me, your say is more important is it? I'll have you know that I was a Caley fan to before the merger so you can shove your I can appreciate it more than the younger fans bullsh*t!

:thumb04:

Nowhere in his post did Caley say that his opinion was more valid then yours. He was simply pointing out that if you cast your mind back about 15 years, you would see where we have come from.

We shouldn't be "hovering round the bottom" of anything. Believe it or not, we are better than that.

We have no divine right to be better than anybody.

I didn't say we did have a divine right to anything. I said that we are better than bottom place and should not be content to stagnate at the wrong end of the league when it's well within our abilities to aim for the middle of the table. We've achieved this sort of thing before, but now seem to have run out of any sort of aspiration to try and better ourselves, and now seem to be going backwards.

ICTodd...what exactly did I say that offended you so much? I was just comparing circumstances when you were young compared to when I was young. Having said that, we can't be that far apart in age if you watched Caley prior to the merger. You're probably late 20s and I'm mid 30s. Hardly a huge age gap.