FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Courier Article

RiG

*Inverness Courier*

Talks of the falling numbers going to Away games, the United game attracting a crowd some 10 - 15% lower than the same fixtures last season and some Brewster quotes we've seen before.

"Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett understood frustration among supporters but stressed the club wanted to win every game.

He plans to continue contract discussions with Michael Fraser and Ian Black this week, adding Brewster's contract, which is due to expire in August next year, was being looked at by the board."

Is it just me or does that sound different to him being offered an extension? :rotflmao:

could be interpreted a number of ways

"Being looked at" - with a view to renewal

"Being looked at" - to see how we can get out of it without paying a huge severance figure

I'm just glad the Courier had the metal to print what the fans think. I do wonder if Graeme Bennett is mayb'e reconsidering extending Brews stay in say what in my view isn't as optimistic as what was first said in which he stated he wanted to extend Brewsters contract.

I'm just glad the Courier had the metal to print what the fans think. I do wonder if Graeme Bennett is mayb'e reconsidering extending Brews stay in say what in my view isn't as optimistic as what was first said in which he stated he wanted to extend Brewsters contract.

Grassa may well want Brewster to stay but as DoF he has no clout. It always has been, and always will be, a board decision who to hire and fire at that level. Grassa may be able to convince the rest of the board one way or the other as a member but he needs the backing of the other members.

Watched the 1st half of the Celtic game last night with Grassa but there was no mention of Brewsters contract. I wouldnt divulge anything here anyway.

DC.....i sincerely hope you used the opportunity to convey the feelings of resentment toward Brewster. I know if i was having a drink wi Grassa, I would tell him!

Edited by SMEE

Watched the 1st half of the Celtic game last night with Grassa but there was no mention of Brewsters contract. I wouldnt divulge anything here anyway.

DC.....i sincerely hope you used the opportunity to convey the feelings of resentment toward Brewster. I know if i was having a drink wi Grassa, I would tell him!

And would he continue to drink with you?

Grassa is in an unenviable position ......

I do not doubt for a second his desire to do the best he can for ICT. He is and always has been a supporter of the club and an advocate for the fans (a comment I can base on facts). He, like many other directors have put a lot of unpaid effort into running the club and while it is true that he now draws an "emolument", for years he (and others) did it for nothing.

When myself and Don met with him and Kenny, he was fully aware of what was going on on these boards and I have no doubt that this is still the case. Pages and Threads from this site are regularly printed off and passed around. Sometimes they receive nods and smiles, other times they elicit a quite different reaction.

Knowing Grassa, I am sure he is torn right now. Despite what some might say or think about him, he is not a stupid man, and he must be well aware of how badly we are performing and how discontented the fans are at this moment in time. He is also pals with the manager and perhaps wants to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of turning things around.

He has a lot of hard decisions to come to in the next few weeks if things dont change and I hope he bears in mind that we the fans (and shareholders) elected him and his colleagues to act in the best interests of Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club and that is the only thing that should matter when deciding how we move forward and try to make sure we claw ourselves out of this malaise.

I support all scotty says there. Grassa is a decent person who has the same desires as the rest of us for the future of the club. Looking at the squad we have they should be getting results. It should be possible to pick the team and walk away and leave them to it. There is enough experience to control what happens on the pitch. it just isn't happening though.

On saturday I witnessed a mass walkout from a half empty stadium. I hope the players on the field witnessed it as well. they are the ones not doing what they're paid to do. they go to parkhead and lose by a single goal after puting on a very good performance but in front of their home following they cant perform.....Why??

I'm sure all connected with and employed by ICT want the club to be successful and prosper not least our manager and Director of Football but it's becoming increasingly obvious that, as good a player as he was, Craig Brewster is a poor manager and that it is not in the club's interest to retain his services. I suspect that there are thoser in authority who recognise this to be the case now and the sooner appropriate action is taken the better.

I'm sorry, when did we become Barcelona, Man Utd or even the OF? Expecting success at the highest level?

As Mr Milne is fond of saying...FACT...We have many players who are not what would be regarded as "SPL quality"...FACT...We are not bottom of the league...FACT(ish)...We will not be relegated...FACT...there are bigger teams than us lower down the leagues who would love to be in our position...AND THAT IS DEFINITELY A FACT!

Maybe Brew is doing a fantastic job keeping our heads above water given the resources at his disposal. Maybe he is a dud. I will judge that on whether or not we finish bottom of the league this season, and I don't think we will.

With regards to the courier article,

I haven't used the bus since the 1st div days, the bus trip to the Kilmarnock cup game which was 'cancelled due to a frozen pitch' was a 10 hour round trip

The A9 doesn't help, a bus is legally supposed to drive at 40 mph on single carriageways which is about 85 miles of the A9 and guess what, although a crawler lane widens to 2 lanes, the speed limit for a bus is still 40 !! Thats why the camera vans love to park on them.

With regards to the courier article,

I haven't used the bus since the 1st div days, the bus trip to the Kilmarnock cup game which was 'cancelled due to a frozen pitch' was a 10 hour round trip

The A9 doesn't help, a bus is legally supposed to drive at 40 mph on single carriageways which is about 85 miles of the A9 and guess what, although a crawler lane widens to 2 lanes, the speed limit for a bus is still 40 !! Thats why the camera vans love to park on them.

Haha I remember that very well... got lost from my party, and I was only young then, got taken to the police section of the stadium so they could make an announcement then was picked up by one of the people from the bus... only to walk up the steps and the ref to call it off right there and then :rotflmao: Good days!

As for 'Caley', I can understand your belief in our team and thinking that we will not go down, but I won't be one of those who keep the 'we will wait to see at the end of the season' thinking. Of course we aren't Man.U etc. but everyone wants the team to do well and hovering from the bottom of the league is not wanted!

Small off-topic rant here, the camera vans park at the end of the 2+1 overtaking lanes because they know the lanes are too short for all of the convoy to overtake the slow stuff safely, so they will catch loads of speeders trying to get past HGVs before the overtaking lane runs out. So they must think that it is safer for cars to take their chances on the single carriageway stretches rather than do 70mph on the overtaking lane. Safety Camera my @rse! End of off-topic rant.

Haha I remember that very well... got lost from my party, and I was only young then, got taken to the police section of the stadium so they could make an announcement then was picked up by one of the people from the bus... only to walk up the steps and the ref to call it off right there and then :rotflmao: Good days!

As for 'Caley', I can understand your belief in our team and thinking that we will not go down, but I won't be one of those who keep the 'we will wait to see at the end of the season' thinking. Of course we aren't Man.U etc. but everyone wants the team to do well and hovering from the bottom of the league is not wanted!

When I was only young it was the late 1980s and I was watching Highland League football like Caley v Rothes, Caley v Brora etc. so I suppose I can maybe appreciate where we are now more than fans of a younger generation than me.

For an Inverness club to be even hovering around the bottom of the Premier League is pretty good considering our population.