FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Thread (merged)

Scotty

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely disappointed to lose Black if this deal goes through, which according to the Scotsman looks to be done and dusted.

Good luck wherever you go Ian, you were always destined for greater things.

Sadly no club is immune to these January sales. Dundee United also losing Zaluka to Celtic shows that money talks.

First Rankin and now black. I suspect that we would still have both under a different manager.

I doubt it, given that both earned massive pay rises with their moves to bigger clubs.

Perhaps Brewster can actually be credited with making Black a much better and more disciplined player this season.

It may be me being daft, but it aint January yet! is this more spin than fact? can these things be announced/agreed upon before the window opens?

My guess would be that his contract is up on 28 June... so he is free to sign a pre contract on 28 December when his old contract will have 6 months left to run, irrespective of it being in a transfer window or not...

We're as good as f*cked now. ?100k is a slap in the face much like Rankins transfer... :rotflmao:

Cheers Brewster, ya pr*ck!

If we even get 100k that is what is been asked, I would hazard a guess that we are not in the best of postion to negotiate this, Hearts or whoever he signs for will know it is not in our interest to keep a player whos mind is eleswhere and that whatever we get will be better than nothing in the summer

MFR just announced that Black and Duncan struggling for Saturday......................hmmmnnn

What is there to hmmm about? Unless I am missing something Black can play for ICT for the rest of the season as it's only a pre contract he has signed. Like Zluska (sp.?) at United and his move to Celtic.

MFR just announced that Black and Duncan struggling for Saturday......................hmmmnnn

What is there to hmmm about? Unless I am missing something Black can play for ICT for the rest of the season as it's only a pre contract he has signed. Like Zluska (sp.?) at United and his move to Celtic.

RIG you are right, and it is a fact Blackie is struggling to be fit

He'll be sadly missed.... always prepared to give 100% in terms of passion and commitment... terrific engine in him.

Reminds me in some ways of FW!!! :rotflmao:

Where is she by the way? Who snapped her up?

:o

RIG you are right, and it is a fact Blackie is struggling to be fit

Actually I've just thought of it another way and realised what the hmmm could be about. I got there eventually!

hmmmnnnn, often find that a player going very soon won't feature again. If he signs for Hearts in January, would they want to risk him being injured. Anyway, steve may have the simple answer, he is injured.......hmmmnn.

That was what I was hmmmning at rig.

First Rankin and now black. I suspect that we would still have both under a different manager.

I doubt it, given that both earned massive pay rises with their moves to bigger clubs.

Perhaps Brewster can actually be credited with making Black a much better and more disciplined player this season.

I disagree. Neither Rankin nor Black were looking for moves before Brew came. Quite the opposite. Only when the troubles started did they both have to consider other clubs.

Guest Spectre

TBH this is unsurprising, with or without Brewster, Black's been like a stream of bat's p*ss this season and was more or less bound to attract interest from a 'bigger' club I'm afraid.

If Hearts were to try and take him in January I would imagine they would offer about ?50-80k. Would it be a good idea to take the money since he is going to be leaving anyway or better to turn it down and hope that he can help us stay up, which would be worth more to the club than the fee anyway?? Would he still give 100% untill may? Been in this position before with Dods who gave his all until he left.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio