FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Thread (merged)

Scotty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/7797295.stm

unfortunately, this article does nothing to suggest Black will agree to the new contract currently being negotiated.

"Black, who is part of a group of players whose contracts expire in the summer, told BBC Sport: "My opinion is there's a few boys out of contract soon - important players - and once that's sorted they can bring in other people. Roy McBain, David Proctor and Don Cowie are among them and once they're sorted they can look at strengthening." [no mention of himself]

Black, who has been with Inverness since 2004, admits his long-term future may lie away from the club. He said: "Talks have been all right, I'm enjoying everything up here and I've loved [past tense] my time here.

"The fans have been [past tense] great to me, the club's been great but I know there's interest and every player's got to weigh that up. "I've had [past tense] a great career here at Caley Thistle but I'm going to weigh everything up and see what's on the table."

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, this article does nothing to suggest Black will agree to the new contract currently being negotiated.

"Black, who is part of a group of players whose contracts expire in the summer, told BBC Sport: "My opinion is there's a few boys out of contract soon - important players - and once that's sorted they can bring in other people. Roy McBain, David Proctor and Don Cowie are among them and once they're sorted they can look at strengthening." [no mention of himself]

Black, who has been with Inverness since 2004, admits his long-term future may lie away from the club. He said: "Talks have been all right, I'm enjoying everything up here and I've loved [past tense] my time here.

"The fans have been [past tense] great to me, the club's been great but I know there's interest and every player's got to weigh that up. "I've had [past tense] a great career here at Caley Thistle but I'm going to weigh everything up and see what's on the table."

Scotty I am in no doubt he will be off.

Well as much as everyone loves to blame brewster for everything and i totally agree he's at fault for most.

This is the reason we are lying about the bottom of the league, Brown, Dods, Dargo, Wyness, Bayne, Rankin, Niculae now Cowie and Black. We are losing our best players and not replacing them with similar standard players. I would take any of them back now and would have no doubt they could improve the team.

The sad fact is if you constantly buy lower league players you become a lower league team.

Wheres the money going?

I apologise in advance for my pedantry.

Given that this is all very much "read between the lines" and given some of the posts that have been moved in the past, does this not belong in "Rumour Mill"?

I totally understand where you are coming from with this but since there is little hard evidence ie Blackie stating that he will not be signing a new deal under forum rules.........

Sorry mate I just can't help myself at times. :rotflmao:

Couldn't care less about Roy McBain...to me he is more done than Wilson ever has been.

We will probably end up keeping Proctor. But Blacks an Edinburgh lad and i fear that as long as Brewsters still dismantling our team in January he will be away, Cowie too. If that happens my faith in the long term future of ICT goes with them.

Couldn't care less about Roy McBain...to me he is more done than Wilson ever has been.

We will probably end up keeping Proctor. But Blacks an Edinburgh lad and i fear that as long as Brewsters still dismantling our team in January he will be away, Cowie too. If that happens my faith in the long term future of ICT goes with them.

No, it's fine, he was just getting rid of the dead wood at Tannadice, and he's doing the same here. It'll be fine. There's no place like home... there's no place like home...

Bit of a non-story here, but hey, let's blame Brewster anyway!

As far as the 'past tense' thing (in the initial post) goes, well anyone talking about their career to date would do so in the past tense because - um - it's in the past!

But let's face it - rumours about Blackie's imminent departure have been doing the rounds for the last 3 years at least, so lets keep these pointless posts coming! :rotflmao:

Guest kennethhenry

Surely they can't sign him until January?

Depends exactly when his contract expires. He can talk to anyone he likes once his contract has six months to run.

He's gone. We might extricate some money for him on an early transfer though. No use having a player(a huffy one) hanging about when he wants to be elsewhere.

I've just read the article that Scotty posted again.

There was an interesting quote from Fraser.

Inverness chairman George Fraser earlier revealed plans to assist manager Craig Brewster in the search for new players.

"We realise we need to strengthen the squad in January and significant finance has been made available to the manager for this purpose," he said.

"The directors realise there is disquiet among supporters at our poor home record and league position.

"We are ready to invest in the short-term with the aim of ensuring SPL football for Inverness next season."

The Highlanders, who have won just once at home this season, are one of four clubs tied on 17 points at the bottom of the table.

Veteran winger Barry Wilson will leave the club in January but Fraser insists fresh talent will be found in the winter transfer window.

"A network of sources will be used to help director of football Graeme Bennett to assist in the recruitment process," he added.

I found the highlighted part quite interesting.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-...ract.4821033.jp

HEARTS have reached an agreement to sign the Inverness Caledonian Thistle midfielder Ian Black.

The former Blackburn Rovers trainee, who has been in the Highlands since 2004, held pre-contract discussions with Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo last midweek. The outcome of those talks was positive; Black has in principle accepted a contract which will run until the summer of 2012. The 23-year-old is expected to put pen to paper in Edinburgh on Sunday having also already undergone a medical at Hearts' Riccarton training centre.

Hibernian had earlier held discussions with Black, a former ballboy at Tynecastle whose father, also Ian, played for Hearts between 1977 and 1980. It is thought the terms on offer by Hearts significantly outweighed those put forward by their city rivals, although those close to the player insist his decision was with professional development in mind.

Hearts will now attempt to prise Black from Inverness during next month's transfer window; his current deal expires at the end of the season. It is thought Caley Thistle could demand up to ?100,000 for Black's early release, Craig Brewster also mindful that another of his midfielders, Don Cowie, is wanted by Rangers and Dundee United.

Black's imminent arrival will trigger further speculation about the midfielders currently at Laszlo's disposal. In what is the strongest area of the Hungarian's squad, Laryea Kingston, Christos Karipidis and Bruno Aguiar have all been linked with January moves. Kingston is almost certain to depart while Karipidis has been linked with a return to Greece. Aguiar's high salary ensures any overtures for his services are likely to be considered by the Hearts hierarchy.

Well, that's my day ruined before it even started.

Sounds like he would have gone whether we had chucked Brew this week or not.

Good luck to him, he's had good and bad games but has shown his class and desire on multiple occasions for the club.

Finding a replacement is going to be impossible.

He's worked hard for us in adversity. He's learned from some strict coaching. Hopefully he has earned the first of his dream moves and what better way to celebrate than helping us scrape something against Motherwell. Vigurs will be chuffed.

Do you think he'll give 100% against Motherwell , I certainly dont .