FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Thread (merged)

Scotty

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will also know the value to us of keeping our best player to help us avoid relegation.

I have no idea what the final figure will be but if I was a betting man I would say it would be closer the 50k than 100k, hope I am wrong though. One thing that is sure is whatever figure it is will not be nearly enough to buy an adequate replacement.

Fact - His contract runs out in six months time and he can move then and take the cash

Fact - He was a ballboy there, his dad played there, Georgie is home.

Fact - if he goes now we get money and we need it.

Fact - If he has signed with his heart and not his head, like Robbo, he could regret the move.

Fact - We are a selling club, this is a good piece of business.

Fact - Brewster, for all his faults, probably played very little part in this. It would be Ian and his agent getting the best terms on offer.

Brewster certainly sickened Rankin by leave him on the bench for about 6 weeks when he was fully fit. Then he started playing him again, but surprise, surprise he soon left. I heard at the time that Rankin and Park did not get on even that Rankin had punched Parky and this was why he left. This was obviously way off the mark as Rankin signed for Hibs where Park is assistant. So it must have been someone else he didn't get on with (I wonder who).

Black also had a few fall outs with Brewster, famously in a dressing room bust up.

Not saying these players might not have moved anyway, but Brew (the ego) seems to make a habit of this - He fell out with a LOT of players at DU too, Lee Miller, Derek McInnes and Paul Ritchie for instance (who all left btw).

Fact - His contract runs out in six months time and he can move then and take the cash

Fact - If he has signed with his heart and not his head, like Robbo, he could regret the move.

Fact - Brewster, for all his faults, probably played very little part in this. It would be Ian and his agent getting the best terms on offer.

The only part I would disagree with is even if we do get 100k for black you think that is a good piece of business???

I dont know how accurate it is but a posting on Pie and Bovril said the Black was interviewed on Radio Highland by Charles Bannerman and he said that ICT should be giving more consideration to players coming out of contract instead of concentrating in bringing players in during the january transfer window.

Guest TonyICT

Ian has been one of our greatest players for seasons..

will be missed for his passion on the pitch. the one thing he has to watch is the agression. cant be like that if he wants to get any further in football..

This could just cut the team in half.

:rotflmao:

The only part I would disagree with is even if we do get 100k for black you think that is a good piece of business???

I disagree with " Georgie " being home . :rotflmao:

100k (or possibly considerably less) for our most creative player is most certainly not a good bit of business. I could live with being a "selling club" if we actually did well out of our transfers, but we never, ever get the true value of our players. Just fed up to the back teeth with all this now. :rotflmao:

Edited by WriteOnCaley

Fact - his contract was allowed to run so that he only had around 3 months to go til the January window and he could negotiate with other clubs, until he was offered a contract.

Fact - he was prepared to go to Hibs, so not really

Fact - it'll cost us a lot more if we get relegated due to our best player leaving and who can we use this pittance on to replace him like-for-like?

His heart would be ICT. Given he was willing to talk to Hibs, he's not leaving for sentiment.

Fact - we haven't sold him. He can either go for a knock-down price in January or nothing in June/July.

Fact - that's not a fact, that's a presumption. Just as I presume that had he had a better people manager and been offered a contract well before the curent's final death throws, then there would have been a good chance of him staying, given what he's said about liking the club and the place.

I dont know how accurate it is but a posting on Pie and Bovril said the Black was interviewed on Radio Highland by Charles Bannerman and he said that ICT should be giving more consideration to players coming out of contract instead of concentrating in bringing players in during the january transfer window.

Perhaps if the players there defended better and scored some goals they would have better bargaining tools for better contracts.

Black and Brewster fell out again at Midden at half time and Brew sent the team on to the park early as a disciplinary tactic and then hooked Black again and then Black was told to talk to the press and play down the incident - so he bites his bottom lip and tells the press what a happy half time was had by all.

Lets face it - Cowie and Black are threats to Brewster - that is the reason they are going - just like those before.

This would not be a good piece of buisness as we are losing arguably one of our best players for a small portion of his value or maybe even free in the summer. I don't think we would get anywhere near 100k for him more likely to be half or maybe even a bit less. If Black had a few years left we could be lookin at about 200k+ ut once again we are to slow to renegotiate contracts and our best players leave on the cheap.

I can't blame him if he does go as our management team is crap, he will get much more money at hearts and looks like they could have the chance to play in Europe while under our current regime we will have the chance to play in the 1st Division if Brew is not sacked.

Guest kennethhenry

Black and Brewster fell out again at Midden at half time and Brew sent the team on to the park early as a disciplinary tactic and then hooked Black again and then Black was told to talk to the press and play down the incident - so he bites his bottom lip and tells the press what a happy half time was had by all.

Lets face it - Cowie and Black are threats to Brewster - that is the reason they are going - just like those before.

No. They are leaving ecause their contracts are up and they want the best deals for themselves that they can get. We don't pay well enough to keep them here. Players move for money. Black will be trebling his money at the very least.