FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Thread (merged)

Scotty

Guest kennethhenry

Money is not the main factor in Ian's move. It may well be A factor, but not the only one or main one.

He wasn't going to stay with us once his contract was up. We are a small club and we lose our good players. That's life for all clubs like ours I'm afraid. It's almost impossible to build a team nowadays. If bigger teams than us can lose their best players oce their contracts come to an end then what chance do we have to stem the tide.

He has moved to get better money and he will be playing for a bigger club. That's all there is to it. The Brewster sideshow wouldn't have changed anything. He would have left regardless, there has been plenty of interest in the guy.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Blackie if he does go. Will be a sickener seeing him in a hearts top next season (but will we see this on TV or in the flesh?).

Another lesson to ICT to get your contracts sorted out sooner rather than later. By all accounts he seemed happy to stay and it looks like we never moved until it was too late.

kennethhenry, your speaking like you know blackie and you've just said;

"He has moved to get better money and he will be playing for a bigger club. That's all there is to it. The Brewster sideshow wouldn't have changed anything. He would have left regardless, there has been plenty of interest in the guy."

Can you tell us if he's left or not?

Guest kennethhenry

"He has moved to get better money and he will be playing for a bigger club. That's all there is to it. The Brewster sideshow wouldn't have changed anything. He would have left regardless, there has been plenty of interest in the guy."

I worded it badly. He has agreed a deal with Hearts and will sign for them when his contract is up at the end of this season. If any move is to happen sooner then it will be down to us and Hearts to come to an arrangement.

But he is leaving, not left. Yet.

Edited by kennethhenry

Guest kennethhenry

Ok cheers. Do you know him personally?

No. I just happened to read the article online and made my virgin post with it :thumb04: He is a good quality player though and if he does leave then we are going to find it even more of a struggle.

That's a lot of the side that has been successful for us leaving or left already. I still can't fathom why we just allowed Denzil to leave especially when we see what we are playing up front with this season. It is ridiculous. :rotflmao: And it's even more galling to see him starting to find form for St.Mirren. He could still have been playing for us, and he should have been. He's one we could have kept as he was happy to stay. Black was never going to stay though.

Blackie will definetly be leaving its just a case of where, Hearts are the favourites but he has not signed for them yet

Blackie will definetly be leaving its just a case of where, Hearts are the favourites but he has not signed for them yet

Steve - Do you know of any others (apart from Black & Cowie) who have indicated that they would like to move on?

Guest kennethhenry

Well he can't sign for them until his contract is up. He as agreed in principle to join them when his contract ends though. Pre contract agreement to you and me.

The only way he will be leaving for Hearts before the end of the season is if we accept an offer for him. He will be playing his football for Hearts next season though. No doubts about that.

Steve - Do you know of any others (apart from Black & Cowie) who have indicated that they would like to move on?

Johnboy no I havent to be honest.

Well he can't sign for them until his contract is up. He as agreed in principle to join them when his contract ends though. Pre contract agreement to you and me.

The only way he will be leaving for Hearts before the end of the season is if we accept an offer for him. He will be playing his football for Hearts next season though. No doubts about that.

Yes I understand that what I am saying is that it might not be hearts he is going to

Money is not the main factor in Ian's move. It may well be A factor, but not the only one or main one.

He wasn't going to stay with us once his contract was up. We are a small club and we lose our good players. That's life for all clubs like ours I'm afraid. It's almost impossible to build a team nowadays. If bigger teams than us can lose their best players oce their contracts come to an end then what chance do we have to stem the tide.

He has moved to get better money and he will be playing for a bigger club. That's all there is to it. The Brewster sideshow wouldn't have changed anything. He would have left regardless, there has been plenty of interest in the guy.

That's not my reading of the situation. Regular fall-outs combined with a running down of his contract to within not just the final year but within the final season of his contract. Meant he had no real option but to consider his future. Anything there to disagree with?

Not posted on here before but this might give you more info.if it works :rotflmao:

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Footba...rts/gnid-32925/

I know it's clutching at straws and probably a typo but this is a quote from Black in that article.

Black feels it is time to move on and the possibility of European football with the Tynecastle club was the carrot that helped lure him to the capital and revealed that Craig Brewster will be able to convince him to change his mind.

?We have agreed things, but I have not signed anything? Black told Setanta.com. ?So, nothing is confirmed.

Edited by birdog

To be fair to the clown on this one,

Ian signing/verbally agreeing to a pre-contract with Hearts has bugger all to do with anybody at ICT least of all Brewster.

Would you tell your boss you were planning to leave ? I know I would'nt!. Especially when that boss has'nt a bloody clue at the best of times.

To be fair to the clown on this one,

Ian signing/verbally agreeing to a pre-contract with Hearts has bugger all to do with anybody at ICT least of all Brewster.

Would you tell your boss you were planning to leave ? I know I would'nt!. Especially when that boss has'nt a bloody clue at the best of times.

So you would rather do it through the media when you still potentially have six months left to work with him?

I am not buying the fact that Brewster was unaware, sorry.

I just hope you get your team sorted out cause i`ve a soft spot for ICT and like to see them up the other end of the table and i`m confident you will be by the end of the season .

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :rotflmao:

The only way I'd have confidence that we will be moving up the table is if Brewster leaves but we have dozens of threads dedicated to that discussion.