FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

When Will We Get Our Own Identity?

Guest birdog

In terms of songs we prob have enough to claim our own but we just dont sing them! I always thought that ICT should try and promote themselfs as a Highlands club and try to draw support from the whole of the Highlands as the only Highland Premier league team and maybe even try to promote the club at Highland games events in USA, Canada etc. They do play Highland Cathedral before the teams come out but its so quiet you can hardely hear it, turn it up a notch. There is a highland flag that we could start taking which is predominately blue as well, or Jacobite flags etc

I think there something in this Joe.

ICT could and should play on the fact that they represent the Highlands of Scotland.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of songs we prob have enough to claim our own but we just dont sing them! I always thought that ICT should try and promote themselfs as a Highlands club and try to draw support from the whole of the Highlands as the only Highland Premier league team and maybe even try to promote the club at Highland games events in USA, Canada etc. They do play Highland Cathedral before the teams come out but its so quiet you can hardely hear it, turn it up a notch. There is a highland flag that we could start taking which is predominately blue as well, or Jacobite flags etc

I think there something in this Joe.

ICT could and should play on the fact that they represent the Highlands of Scotland.

I love this way of thinking, the t inks would really hate us for that, ICT representing the Highlands.

Does anyone remember the Sookalorum?

Sorry mate, I did google him/her/it but with no joy. He wasn't one of the "Family Ness" was he?

I will donate ?250 to the Supporters Trust or a charity of the PA's choice if "Monster" by The Automatic is played at full volume when the teams are coming onto the park tomorrow.

I'll match you bid..................................................but I dont know yet if I'll be up so you need to record and post.

Thanks Alex.

Thats ?500 for charity for full blast Monster as the teams walk on. The place would be rocking!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing my luck your the feckin DJ. :rotflmao:

Very cynical. Would fancy a go tho!

I am right up for the donation to a good cause tho!

Negotiable but my suggestion is Highland Hospice.

I'll match you bid..................................................but I dont know yet if I'll be up so you need to record and post.

Feck me, nobody needs a map to see the Highlands begin at Dunkeld. Just drive by and look at the complete change in scenery within about half a mile between Birnam and Dunkeld.

Why has nobody mentioned our wee bridgey castle song yet :rotflmao:

Feck me, nobody needs a map to see the Highlands begin at Dunkeld. Just drive by and look at the complete change in scenery within about half a mile between Birnam and Dunkeld.

Why has nobody mentioned our wee bridgey castle song yet :rotflmao:

Sorry totally forgot about the Bridge and Castle song, that one is 100% ours and well composed by whoever did so.

I wish I was going to the match today, damn kiddy sitting duties (do women not understand how to get their rotas arranged?) has anyone called the stadium to request "Monster" as the teams come out? I cannae afford a lot but I am willing to punt up a crisp blue five pound note to add to the 500 already pledged if the song is played. Evidence required.

Edited by DRAGAN

How about Battlefield by Wolfstone ........ no need to change the lyrics as there are none and we could just hum the tune .... "de, dee,de,dee, da diddle dee" ...... etc - a bit like Billy Connolly's national anthem joke suggesting the Archers theme - just insert Caley Jags inside the humming somewhere :rotflmao:

Guest Mahonio

FanofFooty, Caledonia is my Favourite Scottish Song so i would love to have it as Caley's Song. I have got Titch to play me it a few times and after a while he got sick of me asking for it because he had played it to often for me. :rotflmao: ;) :thumb04: :018:

Guest Murdock

Does anyone remember the Sookalorum?

Sorry mate, I did google him/her/it but with no joy. He wasn't one of the "Family Ness" was he?

It has to be the Family Ness Theme!!!!!!!

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

Nobody will sing the caledonia song because it's slow, boring, and depressing.

Find a catchy upbeat song, then change the words.

How about never gonna give you up by rick astley? :rotflmao:

We need a signature tune like "Hearts, Hearts Glorious Hearts". Catchy, upbeat and free from any bigotry.

hearts are just wannae be rangers, they have union jacks at games they also sing bjk

:thumb04: Caledonia is by far the most fitting :rotflmao:

I do like the idea of the using The Automatic song, but this costs in performace rights payments

ive said on the forums before that im a songwriter so would be happy to write a new song for ICT to replace the orrid "Bring it on home"

As for the content, i think lets leave the patriotic/nationalist overtones alone. The song should be about the club/football

thoughts?

No-one should write a 'specific' song for us, it would be absolutely terrible.

Like that garbage song the Falkirk fan wrote and performed before a game against the Bairns at Westfield. That was horrible :rotflmao: