FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fernandez: Diver, Whinger Or Top Player?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Ever since Stevie Archibald produced a bunch of mercenaries as a completely unrecognisable Airdrie team for their debut on Scottish soil at the Caledonian Stadium, Fernandez has repeatedly whinged after games. I also think he is quite skilful at falling to the ground and the caption competition photograph from our last match at Kilmarnock as he fell like a shot ballerina near Rossco shows his attention seeking behaviour is used to influence decisions. In honesty I could not see where he dived today but I certainly felt Pavels tackled him fairly. Does anyone know if he injured himself in this latest dive which meant he was unable to turn out in the second half or did Jim Jefferies just decide that his whingeing influence was not helping their cause?

Whie this incident ocurred i was up at the far away pie shop watching at the far end of the west stand and had a pretty good view of it. I'm not sure if pavels got the ball but when he was tackled i saw no contact and fernandez fell over a good few seconds after the tackle. So from where i was standing it was a dive. Could be wrong though.

Excellent tackle.

Shocking decision.

Justice.

agree with #1 - although a sliding tackle can go either way in the refs eyes

disagree with #2 - at least he had the balls to change his mind when shown where the tackle was.

agree with #3

TV proves that the tackle/foul was a yard or two outside the box.

Followed by Fernandez' attempt at a long jump record. :rotflmao:

Indeed .... cheating whingeing b****** ..... and as someone pointed out, not the first time

8059.photo.3.jpg

Whether or not it was in the box, there was nothing wrong with the challenge in the first place and although it was better than having a penalty awarded against us, I was still unhappy at having a free kick given.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Jim Jefferies said the lines should have being brushed. i dont think anyone thought the snow was going to fall so heavy and even if they did stop the game to brush the lines the snow would have covered it in a few minutes. even having the lines visible it was still going to be a free kick in the end

Good photo in The Suns football pull out today which shows Mihadjuks sliding across Fernandez, taking the ball with his boot and Fernandez hurdling the tackle by jumping into the air. There is no contact between the two , at least not until after the ball is clearly played first.

A good tackle and Fernandez is a cheat :rotflmao:

Funny how all the Sunday papers said it was a penalty when the tv put the lines on the screen and clearly showed it was'nt. Also felt he dived.

Stories in the Sundays would have been written before the highlights show was aired.