FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Updated: Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

Kingsmills

Home match please

Then against hopefully Dunfermline/Airdire or Faljirk.

Only issue for me was the lack of home support at yesterdays game.

Thought it would have been much larger given the rolling Butcher support but was very disappointing

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight at 5.15 is it not?

I'd read yesterday that the draw was taking place at 9.30am this morning; so sat here at work refreshing PieandBovril/TABoard/BBC Football every few minutes to see the fixtures.

Only found out about 10am that the draw has changed to 5.15.

What would the likely monetary difference be between going out against the OF away or say Hamilton at home?

Is it ?500000 / ?30000?

If so I will go for the OF away!!

Take the ?500000 (we will win) beat the other half of the OF, another ?500000, then onward and upwards to Hampden and European football.

We would have an expenditure for gloves for the Inter players when they play at Sneckie, it is only fair, so it is not all profit!.

Use the ?1,000,000 for our new strikers - the defence is good (two games no goals against, what more do you want!)

I was only joking about getting beat!

An away fixture against one of the OF would be lucky to net us ?150,000 from share of tickets....probably nearer ?100,000. A home fixture against anyone is sweeties in comparison.....maybe around ?15,000. All depends on ticket prices, but I would hope they were kept at the ?15 mark.

If Brewster had still been in charge I'd probably be praying for the pay day, but my confidence has been lifted the last couple of weeks and I don't care who we get as I'm back to believing that we are capable of beating anyone....OF included.

Getting into europe is what I'd like to see. Now that would be a payday worth the effort for.

IF that were to happen this season, do you think that anyone would give Brewster credit for it seeing as how he was manager for half the season and basically it's the squad which he put together which Terry Butcher is picking from? I ask this because during Robbo's tenure and to an extent Brewster and CC after him people were coming out with comments like "well it's Pele's team he is picking from" etc.

Getting into europe is what I'd like to see. Now that would be a payday worth the effort for.

IF that were to happen this season, do you think that anyone would give Brewster credit for it seeing as how he was manager for half the season and basically it's the squad which he put together which Terry Butcher is picking from? I ask this because during Robbo's tenure and to an extent Brewster and CC after him people were coming out with comments like "well it's Pele's team he is picking from" etc.

Brewster signed a few decent players... His problems were all tied up with playing them in positions they weren't comfortable with, getting his tactics all wrong and not earning the players' respect.

I think Butcher has already gained the players' respect and he will reap the benefits of that.

Edited by Johnboy

I fail to see the logic in wanting to cash in on the OF in the next round... :rotflmao:

If we draw someone we can beat, not only do we increase our potential winnings from the scottish cup anyway but we'd have another game to play with another half gate to take from Hampden no less!

I fail to see the logic in wanting to cash in on the OF in the next round... :thumb04:

If we draw someone we can beat, not only do we increase our potential winnings from the scottish cup anyway but we'd have another game to play with another half gate to take from Hampden no less!

If we draw Celtic away - take them to a replay and then beat them, then get drawn against Rangers in the next round...

That would be my ideal scenario... :rotflmao:

I fail to see the logic in wanting to cash in on the OF in the next round... :thumb04:

If we draw Celtic away - take them to a replay and then beat them, then get drawn against Rangers in the next round...

That would be my ideal scenario... :rotflmao:

Ok, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. Even if we did draw one of the ugly sisters in the draw, the chances of us getting through can't be great.

The alternative, a home draw against a diddy team like Airdrie, Dunfermline or Forfar - Beat them comfortably in front of a 2000-3000 crowd, proceed to Hampden play a lower half SPL club and we get half the gate. Even if we get beaten, the combination of what I've suggested beats taking just half the gate from a Parkhead or Ibrox draw...