FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Shake Up Of The Board

Alex MacLeod

Some of the Borg Board were found to be thinking outside the collective consciousness and have/will part company with the club.

However, questions remain...is it the "right" people who are moving/being moved on, and is it for the greater good, or is it just another act of self preservation for those who make up the rotting core?

Some of the Borg Board were found to be thinking outside the collective consciousness and have/will part company with the club.

However, questions remain...is it the "right" people who are moving/being moved on, and is it for the greater good, or is it just another act of self preservation for those who make up the rotting core?

If the'rotting core' were instrumental in recruited TB and Co, lets hope it is more of their type that come onto the Board and we will preserve them for a long time!

Now, I don't want to appear thick or anything, but, Why do we need a "headhunter" on the board? Who's head are we hunting? Who's, if any, heads are going to roll? Are the board bringing someone in to look at replacements for themselves?

If they just wanted a season ticket holding fan who goes to away games, to help them make a few decisions, I'm sure the current board shouldn't have to look further than some esteemed contributers to this forum.

Now, I don't want to appear thick or anything, but, Why do we need a "headhunter" on the board? Who's head are we hunting? Who's, if any, heads are going to roll? Are the board bringing someone in to look at replacements for themselves?

If they just wanted a season ticket holding fan who goes to away games, to help them make a few decisions, I'm sure the current board shouldn't have to look further than some esteemed contributers to this forum.

You could ask why do we need a builder or a window fitter. People with good business acumen are whats required. If thats a headhunter then so be it.

I know nothing of Willie Finlayson or his attributes but as Alex said, if he will bring business acumen to the club then that is welcomed as far as I am concerned.

If his quote is accurate and he has been a season ticket holder and frequent traveller to away games over the years then all the better as he will undoubtedly have some knowledge of the issues that fans endure to go along with his business nouse.

If the'rotting core' were instrumental in recruited TB and Co, lets hope it is more of their type that come onto the Board and we will preserve them for a long time!

Very adeptly put Locutus - very adeptly put :rotflmao:

TB came to us - the muppets had to make the decision - they had to show face after Brewster.

Charlie B - How old is Willie ? Is it the younger brother of James ? Still Academy education and breeding is a plus.

Did a certain Keith Wyness not eminate form FWB ? - Lets face it my Uncle George is just keeping the seat warm fer our wullie.

People with good business acumen are whats required. If thats a headhunter then so be it.

Very true. However I've dealt with quite a few people in his industry and they generally don't have a great deal of business acumen, just a great deal of greed. A bit like most football agents in fact. I trust he's better than the ones I've encountered.

BTW, when I read that he goes to many away games I was expecting to see a face I would recognise. Is it just me? Maybe he goes to the posh seats.

People with good business acumen are whats required. If thats a headhunter then so be it.

Very true. However I've dealt with quite a few people in his industry and they generally don't have a great deal of business acumen, just a great deal of greed. A bit like most football agents in fact. I trust he's better than the ones I've encountered.

BTW, when I read that he goes to many away games I was expecting to see a face I would recognise. Is it just me? Maybe he goes to the posh seats.

me to!!

queue mantis and naelifts looking to car share! :rotflmao:

I've gone and done a bit of homework on the guy and it looks like there's the potential for the club to tap into some invaluable expertise....both directly and indirectly through Mr Finlayson's company.

Very surprised the club didn't make more of the consultancy side of FWB when bigging Mr Finlayson up in the news release as that's where he could bring real value to ICT.....given the opportunity.

Willie Fin is a gem of a guy with excellent business acumen. He is also a huge Caley Jags fan. Ex Academy pupil and big bro to Raymond and Matthew.

Sorry, but what is the big deal about being an Academy pupil??? I went to the other school and it hasn't done me any harm!!!

I've gone and done a bit of homework on the guy and it looks like there's the potential for the club to tap into some invaluable expertise....both directly and indirectly through Mr Finlayson's company.

Very surprised the club didn't make more of the consultancy side of FWB when bigging Mr Finlayson up in the news release as that's where he could bring real value to ICT.....given the opportunity.

Care to elaborate?

:rotflmao:

Willie Fin is a gem of a guy with excellent business acumen. He is also a huge Caley Jags fan. Ex Academy pupil and big bro to Raymond and Matthew.

Sorry, but what is the big deal about being an Academy pupil??? I went to the other school and it hasn't done me any harm!!!

Pupils who had the misfortune of being edikated at the other schools tend to be sensitive to perceived critisism. :rotflmao:

Pupils who had the misfortune of being edikated at the other schools tend to be sensitive to perceived critisism. :rotflmao:

Och - be more direct - pass the 11 plus with colours and ya went to the Academy - scrape through or narrowly fail and ya went to the High School - fail to turn up or write anything ya went to the Millburn.

How old is Our Wullie then ? Was he into sports at IRA ?

I may be wrong but Caley D is being polite - I suspect that he may be suggesting that the Personnel side of the club needs addressing - watch out Mike feckin Smiff.

And feck me - he is almost following in ma footsteps - perhaps I was a role model ? - Willie (IHE) was raised in Inverness and educated at the University of Aberdeen (Manchester) where he graduated with an Honours degree in Psychology (snap) and afterwards a Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel. He went on to pursue a career in management within the NHS, based in London (Chorley).