A Shake Up Of The Board

Alex MacLeod

All the 'headhunters' and 'recruitment consultants' I've come across have been nothing but fast talking opportunist spivs and flash harrys.

agreed... and I've dealt with a few

going back to Alex's point about "buisness acumen"

business is a massive generalisation for thousands/millions of different occupations, just because someone is succesful in an area doesn't mean they are generally a good business man. Most of these guys will work in the constraints of a company set up until they manage to work to the top (usually through kissing ass) and only then will they see money changing hands.

Clive Woodward won the Rugby world cup and then thought he could easily apply the same methods to football... and look how that turned out. The same might be said about this guy, he may have been an expert in his field but he is clearly dealing with a completely different sport!

Hopefully he can add something but I amn't convinced he hasn't just offered some buzz words that have swayed the board

Clive Woodward won the Rugby world cup and then thought he could easily apply the same methods to football... and look how that turned out. The same might be said about this guy, he may have been an expert in his field but he is clearly dealing with a completely different sport!

Hopefully he can add something but I amn't convinced he hasn't just offered some buzz words that have swayed the board

Jeez Harry, give the guy a chance at least. You were prepared to give Brew a chance when he was clearly clueless yet this chaps not even in the door yet.

But - at least - he appears to be an actual "fan" and is also encouraging his family to be fans - He is Sneckie born and bred - he has evidently worked his way up the ranks - feck me he isnt a feckin jaggie I hope !!

That is a good CV but my concern is what do we need from somebody with his credentials. If it is becos the club doesnt want to make the same kind of total recruitment feck ups that it has made in the last few years - great - at least they are beginning to feckin learn. If it is to impress Butcher - great. If it is to look at the personnel side of the club and look at JD's and individual roles - great. That may lead to a further chucking out of some lazy, useless dregs - and save money.

Maybe I am getting soft but it feels as if the muppets may be finally learning from their mistakes and trying to make them rite.

I suspect that Our Wullie wouldnt have tolerated the Brew situation and wouldnt have been conned into the Marius farce.

Do these geezers usually have a Psychology degree - that is what makes them dangerous !!

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

As a recruitment consultant, I would expect hom to know his way round a contract of employment - a skill we seemed to be lacking (see current court case for details)!

He should also be well versed in PR - another area where the club leaves much to be desired

As a recruitment consultant, I would expect hom to know his way round a contract of employment - a skill we seemed to be lacking (see current court case for details)!

He should also be well versed in PR - another area where the club leaves much to be desired

Are you seriously suggesting he might be aware that the pound and the Euro are not quite the same thing?

Are you seriously suggesting he might be aware that the pound and the Euro are not quite the same thing?

Fact is... they are not far away from being the same thing.

PR is on the up. Butcher is very soundbite worthy, and media savvy. The backstage work is also coming together with more mailshots, deals and what not.

The pound seems to be rallying against the Euro again, but to my mind the rot sent in when we joined Sterling.

Manfer --you are very funny , Grrrrrr! :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I type so fast that the keys get blurred and when I stop to view my work the letters are so small that I have to get out the magnifying glass, then the Alzheimers poses a problem since I forget where the mistakes are?

It's not easy being old, grey, bad tempered and beautiful.

But I am sure an online poll would quickly verify that I am still smarter than you . Yesssss!

Great idea, though; I find the keyboard keys are far too close together ., It's a conspiracy against the baby boomers that's what it is.

:018: