FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

Bronson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Butcher and Malpas arrived they have given Imrie the role of striker, which in my opinion he has failed to fulfill. I am fast losing patience with him as he seems hugely ineffective and the only thing he seems able to do is run about like a headless chicken.

I am also sick and tired of reading his comments in the press. Over the last few weeks I have read that he disagrees with Butchers analysis of him as a "nippy forward" who harrasses defenders, thinking that there is more to his play than that. I then read him talking up his chances of getting a move to a bigger team, believe it was Rangers that he mentioned. Then today he is talking about hopefully winning a Scotland B call up.

Come on Dougie get a grip, since playing as a striker you ain't scored a single goal and the novelty is starting to wear off. Either put up or shut up!

Bronson, one thing isn't clear from this post: do you think Imrie should be dropped altogether? I agree that he's not a natural striker, but I don't think he's ineffective. I was sitting near you at the St Mirrren game and I thought Imrie's pace, workrate and willingness to take players on made a big difference in turning the game in our favour. If Morais had been playing alongside a more static player I think it's unlikely he'd have been given the chances he converted. I didn't see today's game, admittedly, but based on the games I've been to, I I'd rather see Imrie put in a wide position with Foran supporting Morais up front than seeing Imrie and any pace we have drop out of the team completely.

Spot on

He would play well ok up front i think if he had a reliable finisher up top with him. Which is why i think Foran should go up front with him. Apart from Rooney sometimes we have no reliable finishers. A situation that has never been resolved since Craig Dargo left.

While Imrie has the energy to run defenders ragged his final ball for almost anything is below average.

I think he will remain an inconsistent talent.

Rooney aint no good for getting the goals though...as muir said only good as a good sub!

id be up for oddie and morais, as said they would run rings round most defences!

only problem is though...we dont have any time to waste to see what is going to be effective do we?

But Rooney is our top scorer

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Rooney aint no good for getting the goals though...as muir said only good as a good sub!

id be up for oddie and morais, as said they would run rings round most defences!

only problem is though...we dont have any time to waste to see what is going to be effective do we?

But Rooney is our top scorer

By coming on as a sub he can score. What games has he started and scored in???

I actually feel a wee bit sorry fer Imrie as I feel that he has really suffered by the persistence in playing him up front - and I think that Butcher has also sussed that now - He started off with a couple of blinders but that was all becos of his harrying and persistence. His confidence has been shot in the last few weeks - he has to rediscover his berth in left midfield quickly or we are in the doo doo. Personally I would actually take back McBain as I feel that he gives us the defensive cover to allow Morais to be freer.

• 3 weeks later...

the guy is a complete fookin ned. Did he really have to take his top of at the end? It's not that hot in Glasgow today, was it 35 degree up there? He is a poor representation of the club. Headless chicken. If Rangers EVER sign him, which he's not really hiding that that is what he wants, then the joke is on them. Complete bam.

theres no need for it!! If the ref did it, we'd all be horrified. Imrie is a wee ****** whos only out for his own gain.

WHO CARES!

There was about 4 Accies players with the shirts off at the end of the game. I dont see you saying anything about them :rotflmao:

So i take it you just dont look like Imrie...

Did some amount of running about, might have been hot.

I like him, i always wish him to do well aswell, had a good couple of chances today but unfortunatley fluffed them both. I did rate him against St Mirren last week though, his pace down that wing was unreal. If things went right we could have 3 or 4 goals from his crosses in, even tried a few on goal himself.

who cares if he took his top off. i watched west ham v liverpool yesterday and abour 12/14 of them had their tops off changing.

if you had run around for 90mins you might want to get some air onto your body so take your top off