FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signings From 19s

CaleyNo1

With the season drawing to a close i thought i would post a discussion on the future prospects of our youth players! My personal opinion is that we should sign the right back struan scott-woodhocae on a first team deal i have watched him in several games this season and he looks very capable of the step up. I also believe that daniel park also has the ability to bounce back from his horrifc double leg break to secure a first team deal and show what he has to offer the new gaffer as the gaffer woud like his style of play. I would also like to mention young graeme shinnie who still has a year left at u19s as LDZ has still not convinced me he is SPL quailty. Gavin morrison is also lookin very promising. i dont think shane sutherland,stuart leslie or michael finnis have the desire or ability to cut it in our first team squad.

any views??

Edited by CaleyNo1

I've seen a couple of reserve games this season and saw a few of the aforementioned players and have to say that the only players who stood out in this games as good players and able to compete for a first team spot were only those who were already making regular or at least semi-regular first team appearances.

none of the mentioned players in the 19's have anywhere near the potential that vigurs, duff etc have so I doubt they will be seen in the first team anytime soon if at all in the next three years if they are kept on.

I noticed morrison was on the bench but i think that was to kick some first team players up the arse as butcher would never use a under 19's player if he isn't going to play our young first team players.

Edited by CaleyP

I went to Ibrox for the youth cup semi and although I could only handle 30 mins sitting beside Rangers fans, I was very impressed with Woodhouse (?) or whoever the right back was - he didn't seem vaised fazed with the occasion and offered a lot more than our right winger when attacking

The goalie (before he got injured) looked solid as well

:rotflmao:

I think Jamie Duff will get far. he looks solid and pulls of good moves. I think that if he gets a few good games in the first team he will be spotted by some English club. but he still needs a lot of experience!

With regard to this topic, Gavin Morrison is travelling with the first team squad for this weekends game (2ns time in 3 weeks so Butcher obviously see's something), and both himself and Struan Scott-Woodhouse have spent the week training with the first team. Whether this means anything or not is yet to be seen but shows Butcher is taking notice of the young talent at the club.

With regard to this topic, Gavin Morrison is travelling with the first team squad for this weekends game (2ns time in 3 weeks so Butcher obviously see's something), and both himself and Struan Scott-Woodhouse have spent the week training with the first team. Whether this means anything or not is yet to be seen but shows Butcher is taking notice of the young talent at the club.

I can see Butcher utilising two or three youngsters next season and is probably including those who've caught his eye to assess attitude and committment. Terry made his reputation from building a decent team at Motherwell out of youngsters and what was left after the financial problems that club found themselves in.

first thing he did was kick out the youngsters, bring in the experience; lo and behold we start winning games.

only bring in youngsters that are good enough/ready; not wood or vigurs.

are you saying wood and vigurs aren't good enough? If so then you are going to get a big shock when you see the youngsters they have now as none of them come close to wood or especially vigurs.

I was told that MM said to vigurs if he could pass like vigurs he would still be playing now, so he must rate vigurs pretty highly.

I was told that MM said to vigurs if he could pass like vigurs he would still be playing now, so he must rate vigurs pretty highly.

Emm What?

In other words if Maurice could pass as well as Vigurs can pass then Maurice would still be playing now , I think :rotflmao:

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

Emm What?

In other words if Maurice could pass as well as Vigurs can pass then Maurice would still be playing now , I think :rotflmao:

that's what I said isn't it?

It heard about a month ago that Shane Sutherland was interesting Celtic so he must have done something to impress someone!!!

Struan Woodhouse looks a decent player along with Morrison who had a great game against Celtic in the 1/4 final of the BP Youth Cup. So they should be kept and young Shinnie looks to be coming on well but as has been said he has another year left at the 19s.