FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Real Radio Comments About Ict

Murchie

As I live in the Central belt I sometimes listen to Real Radio's football phone in (actually Rangers and Cellic phone-in) with Ewan Cameron and Alan Rough. I was outraged tonight by Cameron's comments about ICT in particular and Inverness and the Highlands in general. He actually said that he HOPED Inverness would be relegated as teams and their supporters were fed up travelling the "dangerous" A9 to the back of beyond. He persisted in making derogatory comments about Inverness before I had to switch off in case I drove off the road.

I have emailed the Head of Programming for Real Radio insisting, at the very least, on an apology on tomorrow night's show but I won't hold my breath. Obviously, you won't get the show in Inverness (you're lucky!) but try listening online tomorrow at 6 pm to see if anything is said.

As I live in the Central belt I sometimes listen to Real Radio's football phone in (actually Rangers and Cellic phone-in) with Ewan Cameron and Alan Rough. I was outraged tonight by Cameron's comments about ICT in particular and Inverness and the Highlands in general. He actually said that he HOPED Inverness would be relegated as teams and their supporters were fed up travelling the "dangerous" A9 to the back of beyond. He persisted in making derogatory comments about Inverness before I had to switch off in case I drove off the road.

I have emailed the Head of Programming for Real Radio insisting, at the very least, on an apology on tomorrow night's show but I won't hold my breath. Obviously, you won't get the show in Inverness (you're lucky!) but try listening online tomorrow at 6 pm to see if anything is said.

That's just a disgusting comment but nevertheless it is from the mouth of a prize ****... How dare anyone victimize a team because of their geographical location! I too stay in Glasgow during term time and am constantly outraged by the outlandishly Hun-ish remarks made by Real Radio's football phone-in's presenters.

The A9 is only particularly dangerous to impatient f*ckwits anyway!!

I really hope we pull out a great result on Saturday and with any luck let these pricks know we are here to stay!

OFTGF.

all the guys in the central belt hate us.

oh, poor them having to come up that A9 all the time. I wish they would think about us. we have to travel Most weekends.

The A9 is a safe road if we all take our time.

A win would shut their mouths up, and if we do then we should all send in emails raving about it!!!

Edited by MissICT

I watched the particular programme. Ewan Cameron is someone who baits hooks and waits on the catch. He's a comedian. He gets his laughs out of taking the p!ss. This week, because he lives in Falkirk, he chose ICT and Inverness. I wouldn't take his comments seriously. I've seen and heard him take the mick out of every other team and place in the country. Thats just his way. Part of it is also to wind up Alan Rough. He knows Roughy's connections with the north.

You may have noticed he began to backtrack when nine out of the ten people he asked said they wouldn't like to see us go down.

He claims to be a diehard Rangers fan but has probably not been to more than half a dozen games in his lifetime. Has never come to Inverness and wouldn't even know how to get there.

My one question for Ewan though would be: if Inverness is so far to travel how will his co-supporters cope with Portsmouth or London?

He's no worth getting your knickers in a swist about.

Murchie, as much as I hate Cameron, your talking some amount of guff.

Having listened to it aswell he said he wanted Falkirk to stay up as hes good pals with Yogi aswell as living in the town.

He then went onto say, Victoria the producer, wanted Falkirk to stay up as she was a fan AND Hated the journey up the A9.

If your going to have a moan atleast get it right chief.

Radio Scotland is a bit similar ..... the pundits (especially chick) try to rip the p*** out of Robbo who always defends the area and jumps back down their throats if they mention "teams travelling the A9" .... Robbo quite correctly makes the point that ICT do it every other week !!!

Its falkirk down for me. Would love that.

Im a central belter, usually listen to the phone in if im around a radio or in the car. Never anything about caley though, although i wanted to hear it tonight as their would be something about the game on saturday.

Its all about the old firm though. Hearts sometimes because cameron supports them. The night of the motherwell game last wednesday, the whole show was about scott macdonalds tackle on lee wilkie - the WHOLE show!

To be honest, im actually looking for Accies to thrash Saints and for us (Falkirk) to win as it would put them down. I enjoy our trips up north.

Cant see it happening though, i reckon this game has draw all over it :rolleyes:

to be quite honest mate it isnt as undoable as people think. If you beat us 1-0 then we would need Midden to lose 3-0 for them to go down. TBH with Hamilton now safe i reckon that might not happen but a guy can hope.

Would be a bit crap for them to get thier first home win at midden park against c*unty hahahaha

I don't buy that argument that were too far away for centeral belt teams to travel. Enlish teams travel from Carlisle to Portsmouth which is about 8 plus hours on the road either way, Central belters are just like Londoners in that they have a narrow minded veiw of the world which I pity them for. I'm really fired up for the game on Saturday now and if we stay up I will go on Jim Traynor and slate the people who said things like this.

I don't buy that argument that were too far away for centeral belt teams to travel. Enlish teams travel from Carlisle to Portsmouth which is about 8 plus hours on the road either way, Central belters are just like Londoners in that they have a narrow minded veiw of the world which I pity them for. I'm really fired up for the game on Saturday now and if we stay up I will go on Jim Traynor and slate the people who said things like this.

Agreed Proctor.... We should all try and get on Jim Traynor's programme on Saturday and make that point...

Are you listening Caley100?

Proctor's hit the nail on the head there.

These people complain about having to travel an extra hour, 2 hours tops.

But fans down South have waaaay much more ground to cover and they don't complain.

TB was talking bout this in the courier as well today, coupled with this tonight i hope this gives us the instinctive to get a result against the Bairns.

The night of the motherwell game last wednesday, the whole show was about scott macdonalds tackle on lee wilkie - the WHOLE show!

One whole show on a topic is nothing for Ewan... As I live in the central belt I listen to it every night on the way home from work. They have dedicated weeks, never mind single shows to why Kris Boyd doesn't get a start every week. For 2 weeks that's ALL they talked about!

Ewan is on the wind up in every show... He has to be to get folk to phone in.

Roughie is a legend. He is the funniest out of all the ex-footballers in the media IMO. I've nearly crashed the motor laughing at his patter.

Real Radio the better of the phone-ins as the Radio Clyde one is cach. That Hugh Keevins really does hate us, he said he wanted us down so he wouldn't have to come up the A9. Great football reason, eh? Vent your anger at him, he's a jobby.

ps. Ewan is a Jambo and he hates the OF.

To be honest, im actually looking for Accies to thrash Saints and for us (Falkirk) to win as it would put them down. I enjoy our trips up north.

Cant see it happening though, i reckon this game has draw all over it :blink:

I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if that happened :D

Guest Caleylass

I also live in the Central Belt and it does get on my nerves the way the media go on an on about the long trip North........what if they were in the English Leagues HELLO!!! Dont listen to that crappy programme, the whole station is naff, they are so up themselves...... I am glad you to have written to the Head of Programming......

Anyway we have to go out there on Saturday and WIN WIN WIN at least get a draw... we deserve to stay up and that is that. We are in a SPL not a Central Scotland League

I listen to Radio Clyde and this morning TB was on with the same concern that aledgedly that we are the favouries to go down due to the travelling....good on you TEL, he can see what a great City Inverness is and more imporantly a fantastic SPL team....... forget all the talk and lets prove them all wrong :blink:

Guest Caleylass

Ewan is a Jambo - not an OF fan. Oh - and a c*nt too.

An obnoxious, irritating c*nt.

How the hell Roughie hasn't tw@t3d the @r5eh0le by now I do not know.

I can't listen to the show, he annoys me too much.

Well said.... the guys a nuggett ... dont get me started Id be here all day..... LOL.

We ARE staying up

Ewan is a Jambo - not an OF fan. Oh - and a c*nt too.

An obnoxious, irritating c*nt.

How the hell Roughie hasn't tw@t3d the @r5eh0le by now I do not know.

I can't listen to the show, he annoys me too much.

No! Ewan is a hun in tarts clothing

Guest Caleylass

Hi Murchie

Did you hear anything from Real Radio...... let me know tomorrow if anything is said this evening, I wont be listening as I cant stand the programme/station LOL