FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuff People Do

Renegade

What are things people do that you just don't understand? I was looking at P&B a minute ago and one of the things folk do that I don't undrrtsand if clapping at the end of flights. Why? I've been on quite a few long haul flights and I've had the erge to applaud at the end. After all it's the onboard computer that controls the plane most of the time anyway. Does anyone else know of stuff people do, that you just don't understand?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your post. I take it you mean urge? I also presume you meant you did not feel inclined to clap. If you are making these statements, make them easier to understand.

I don't understand why people come on these forums and ask hundreds of questions, when they could get the answers themselves by googling.

I don't understand your post. I take it you mean urge? I also presume you meant you did not feel inclined to clap. If you are making these statements, make them easier to understand.

I don't understand why people come on these forums and ask hundreds of questions, when they could get the answers themselves by googling.

I'm with you tmftj. The quality of posts generated these days certainly leaves a lot to be desired. And don't get me started on the standard of spelling and grammar used in them!

I'm with you tmftj. The quality of posts generated these days certainly leaves a lot to be desired. And don't get me started on the standard of spelling and grammar used in them!

I agree. This forum seems to have become overrun with illitirate pre-teens in the last few months.

What are things people do that you just don't understand? I was looking at P&B a minute ago and one of the things folk do that I don't undrrtsand if clapping at the end of flights. Why? I've been on quite a few long haul flights and I've had the erge to applaud at the end. After all it's the onboard computer that controls the plane most of the time anyway. Does anyone else know of stuff people do, that you just don't understand?

I have found that the clapping at the end of a flight doesnt seem to happen these days ..... at least not on any I have been on recently.

I remember when I was younger and flew out of Glasgow to Canada a fair few times that it almost always seemed to happen when we landed but on recent flights to UK/Canada and other destinations I cant say I have noticed it as much. Maybe we all used to think "thank feck we landed" and it was an expression of relief that the Captain got you up and down in one piece .... nowadays, we are either less scared of flying or more expectant that nothing will go wrong !

I have found that the clapping at the end of a flight doesnt seem to happen these days ..... at least not on any I have been on recently.

It happened on a flight I was on a few months ago. I can't remember where I was flying from, but when the plane touched down at Stanstead a big round of applause broke out. I guess there were a lot of easily impressed people on board; it was Ryanair after all.

Going back to the topic of the thread, I rarely understand anything other people do, but one thing that puzzles me is why someone who's looking for a pair of scissors walks around making snipping movements with their hands. I'm sure most of us have done it, but why??

It happened on a flight I was on a few months ago. I can't remember where I was flying from, but when the plane touched down at Stanstead a big round of applause broke out. I guess there were a lot of easily impressed people on board; it was Ryanair after all.

that might give credence to my other "reason" for it happening ...... It tends to be on charter flights or cheap "holiday" flights .... not on scheduled flights so maybe its the "infrequent flyers" who are more prone to it ?

folk who dander on to other folk's forums and not actually add anything of any interest

and speak in forked tongues

and use brightly coloured fonts that annoy the kahookies out of other posters

and use words like kahookies

and banjolies

and dodderies

and butteries which i found out is a food - i had some with butter and marmalade the other day yummy!

and i've forgotten the question. :P

Buffy x

Edited by buffy