FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuff People Do

Renegade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This forum gets on my nerves, with all the bitching and from men of all people!

People who continue to use forums that "get on their nerves". :clapping03:

I should have said sometimes!!

I mean why would you set up a section that says 'general nonsense' and then have people slate what is started? Is the point not that it is general (as in not specific to ICTFC) and nonsense (is a bit of fun)? Or am I missing something......

Me thinks it's a little ironic that a person complaining about people taking threads in General Nonsense serious is attmepting to do just that here :P

No not at all, I just don't like to think that people can twist things to the way how it suits them and ignore relevant points.

Edited by MrsICTFC

Tattoos - what do people with them think they're on ? Why do put these things on your body ? Worse still, women with tattoos - what's that all about ? Body art my a***.

Body piercing - just where did that come from ? It's just so naff.

Or am I just getting old and out of touch with the modern world ? Most of the time I'm glad I am.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the constant need some people have to grieve for every poor sod who snuffs it and manages to get their name in the paper as a result.

I don't know what's worse, those who post threads about dead people all the time or those who latch on to them in some misguided form of social compliance for fear of looking bad for not posting their condolences.

I don't understand the constant need some people have to grieve for every poor sod who snuffs it and manages to get their name in the paper as a result.

I don't know what's worse, those who post threads about dead people all the time or those who latch on to them in some misguided form of social compliance for fear of looking bad for not posting their condolences.

Agreed. The most recent example of which was a 111 year old man who'd had a fairly decent innings and decades of praise and adulation for something he did as a young man. I hated watching these war veterans wheeled out every year, turning on the waterworks like clockwork every time they tell exactly the same story they've been telling for 80 years :rolleyes: , telling us how superiour their generation were to ours, and listeing to opportunistic, sychophantic politicians worship them on our behalf. I'm sure there are plenty of heroes among them, but also a few chancers whose war years were probably more similar to spike milligans 'hitler, my part in his downfall' than saving private ryan. :rolleyes:.

Agreed, look at what happens when someone dies, whom we've never heard of. In come the simpathy gang RIP, RIP, RIP. Someone starts a thread on it, and then there's more RIP, RIP. Wait it's the 568th anniversary of some event that happened ages before we were born. RIP, RIP. Someone starts a thread on it and in come some cringeworthy remarks, and no doubt more RIPs. Some people seem to get sexual pleasure from constantly posting RIP. Let's get over it poeple, wh don't need a thread on everyone who dies.

Guest birdog

Going back to the topic of the thread, I rarely understand anything other people do, but one thing that puzzles me is why someone who's looking for a pair of scissors walks around making snipping movements with their hands. I'm sure most of us have done it, but why??

According to James Borg in his book entitled "Body Language"

The mind produces a thought, that thought produces a feeling, that feeling 'leaks' out in body language. Apparently it is an unconscious process, I would imagine that IHE would be able to explain it better than I could but I think that this is the basic principle.

Guest birdog

Tattoos - what do people with them think they're on ? Why do put these things on your body ? Worse still, women with tattoos - what's that all about ? Body art my a***.

I am with you to an extent, it used to be sailors and criminals who got them now every Tom, Dick and Harry is getting inked.

This site will give you a little insight into the meanings of some of the tattoos seamen have done, not so much body art as a journal of their lives.