FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Right Midfielder

Tree

We seem to be in the situation where our options for right midfield consist of Proctor or Imrie, neither of whom are the answer.

Is there any thoughts or knowledge on how we are proposing to fill this position.

I suspect that TB was less than happy with Cowie being sold a couple of days before the transfer window following Barry being released. We never really found an answer to this and in the SFL there seems to be little need to have a defensive wide midfielder in the way in which it was necessary against the better teams in the SPL.

This is possibly the weakest area of the team at the moment, although it could be argued we are also short of a forwarding looking central midfielder.

We seem to be in the situation where our options for right midfield consist of Proctor or Imrie

Dont quote me on this, but is Imrie a left midfielder. I thought he was more on the left when he has been playing in the Midfielding position

Proctor being CB as best position but also moving up into midfield while the tactics had changed attacking.

Oddly the P & J reports Cox today as being a "promising forward".

I would love it if we somehow managed to get Morais back in. Think he would be a quality addition to the team.

If Morais stays then we are good in that position. We will have Cox for cover there too. Centre midfield needs some work though.

We seem to be in the situation where our options for right midfield consist of Proctor or Imrie

Dont quote me on this, but is Imrie a left midfielder. I thought he was more on the left when he has been playing in the Midfielding position

Proctor being CB as best position but also moving up into midfield while the tactics had changed attacking.

Butcher had Imrie playing more on the right where he could cut in and use his favored left peg to blaze the ball over the bar.

Proctor CB? i presume you mean centre back, he was absoutley crap, he is far too lightweight for centre defence.

Are you serious? Proctor was terrible at CB. He didnt have a clue how to play there.

Are you serious? Proctor was terrible at CB. He didnt have a clue how to play there.

I reiterate. He isn't tall enough ans he isn't strong enough. The only reason he played there is because Brew thought he was good there. One of his half-wit decisions that did cost us on a few occasions.

What about playing Odihambo right midfield. Decent touch, good pace and not really an out and out striker. Really think it's central midfield that we need to strngthen as all we have is Duncan and McBain.

What about playing Odihambo right midfield. Decent touch, good pace and not really an out and out striker. Really think it's central midfield that we need to strngthen as all we have is Duncan and McBain.

id agree with that

Butcher must have been reading CTO again as he's been telling the press that he's currently bringing in trialists (3 Dutch guys I think it said) who he's hoping produce the pacey wide players he's after to complete the squad.

Proctor and Imrie will be good enough for Division 1. Centre mid is the problem area.

A right back and a player who doesn't turn up for half the games???

We spent most of last season with poor service for the strikers from an inability to have wide players who can cross a ball.

In Rooney and Barrowman we have players who can finish, but not create. Again Foran can get on the end of crosses.

The team is crying out for wide players to provide service and improve our ability to score.

Spot on Tree (apart from Barrowman).....which is why it's a relief to see Butcher identifying the need for pace in the wide areas.

I know fans always think they know better....but it does feel good when Fans and Manager seem to be on the same page.

Our squad at the moment

Keepers

Esson, Allison

Defence

Tokely, Munro, Zadi, Hastings, Proctor, Duff

Midfield

Cox, Morrison, Gillespie, Duncan, McBain, Imrie

Front

Sutherland, Park, Odhiambo, Foran, Barrowman, Rooney

I dont know how good Kyle is as a stand in keeper so cant really say if we desperately need another. I think we're safe enough with the defenders we have. We've more than enough strikers so what we really need is two quick wide players to make for a pretty formidable squad.