FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFL squad

How big a squad should ICT have now they are in the SFL?

ICT Squad 2009-10

The official web-site currently shows 21 players:

Goalkeeper 2

Defender 7

Midfielder 5

Striker 7

I guess we would be expecting at least another 3 or 4 to be added before the season starts with a couple of mid-field players to give us a bit more protection against injuries and suspensions in that department.

I think a squad of 25 should be enough to compete but with the current financial restrictions we will just have to hope that we don't get any more injuries to the squad prior to the start of the season.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

The squad looks small but Burnley won promotion to the Premiership with using 23 players of which 2 only played once and they played nearly 50 league games last season not to mention their cup runs. With a few more players I'm sure we'll easily manage 36.

Edit: typo

Edited by martinskye

The midfield defnitely needs strengthened. Another 2 or 3 needed in that department and a centre half to compete with Munro and Duff.

What I would say is needed:

1 goalie to compete with Esson (Allison could possibly go out on loan).

1 centre-half (I feel that big defender like Mann or Dods is needed).

1 midfield playmaker

1 or 2 tricky wingers with a good cross

1 (or possibly 2 decent strikers with a bit of pace).

So as it stands a squad of 20 with 2 suspended for start of season and 5 I believe currently injured (although some should be ok by start of season) - as it is down to 13 - definitely needs some strengthening....

Suspended - Tokely (4 games), Foran (1 game)

Injured - Esson, Proctor, Odhiambo (6 weeks), Djebi-Zadi , Rooney

Jose Mourinho always wants a squad sized 22-24 made up of;

3 Goalkeepers

8 Defenders

8 Midfielders

4/5 Strikers

I think he's a pretty good guide to go by.

Funnily enuff....thats the same numbers as i sed. Now i just need to land myself a job that pays ?100 000 per week :tosser:

Given that Walter Smith wants his Rangers 1st team to have a maximum of 22-24 players I would think a 1st division outfit with no european competitions and much smaller infrastucture would be looking for nearer 20-22max with any cover filled in with youth or cost effective loan signings (ie parent club pay wages)

2 keepers, 7 Defenders, 7 Midfielders and 5 strikers giving us a squad of 21 would probably be sufficient. You cant have too many not in the match day squad at this level picking up wages for nothing.

You cant have too many not in the match day squad at this level picking up wages for nothing.

There is that to consider too!! Shows how tricky a juggling act it is to have a squad that works within confines