FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sat 8th August ... Pars v ICT

buffy

Howdy pardners

For anyone coming doon in the minibus with the crew from the Innes, could ye please tell me how many of ye are as I've been asked to get numbers for the Commercial Inn / and for food orders.

I'll get ye a menu soon, and post here so ye can tell me whit yer efter.

Over 'n' oot

Buffy xx

I'd love to go there...you've got real ale :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and you're in the Good Beer Guide...oh how wonderful it would be to have a pint of real beer before a game instead of fizz. Come on everyone, you know you want to go to the Commercial before the game. :004:

Gringo....

You'd love the Commercial....

Commercial Inn

13 Douglas Street, Dunfermline. Tel : 01383 733876

Football fans welcome. Eight draught real ales normally available. Deuchars IPA, Courage Directors, McEwan 80 Bob, Theakstons OP and four guest ales.

Very reasonably priced food served at lunchtimes. Regularly features in CAMRA`s Good Beer Guide.

Latest News...

Johnnyboy, it was taken as a vote recently... its MA local they're heading fur.. gawd help us lol...

Aw Mantis...fancy taking yer hols in the footie season! part - timer :rolleyes:

There's a pint of Hoolykamooly with yer name oan it BigBoy (Gringo), plus ma gless of Echo Falls....

Buff x

Johnnyboy, it was taken as a vote recently... its MA local they're heading fur.. gawd help us lol...

Aw Mantis...fancy taking yer hols in the footie season! part - timer :lol:

There's a pint of Hoolykamooly with yer name oan it BigBoy (Gringo), plus ma gless of Echo Falls....

Buff x

Hey Buffy. There is a thread on the ICT forum. East End Inn are tempting us with parking and free buffet and it's child friendly. No real ale for the boys though as far as I know.

No real ale for the boys though as far as I know.

That's all we need...a pub with no beer....booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sing..."Let's all go to the Commie, Let's all go to the Commie..na na naaa na :025: :lol: ...."

Laura, it's up to you hen, but you'll no' get ony better than the Commercial. It's 2mins walk from a car park (next to the firestation), you will get freshly cooked food from 11am, there is the real ale content which Gringo is drooling at (for the best part of two weeks by the looks of it lol), it's got nae loud drooning yersels oot music, it's for ALL football fans (ask them what it was like when the Sheep were doon a wee while ago - whit an atmosphere and some of the usual punters were awfy peeshed (ahem) and in great singing voice), it's slap bang in the middle of the toon yet only a 15 min walk from EEP (which ye can also drive right up to), it's got me in it lol, (I'm no' oan commission but I should be!), it's got great bar staff who are awfy friendly, and if ye dinnae come there i'll be in the huff fur weeks, and you'll no' even get a mention oan the updates which i'm daeing at that game.

So there.

Buffy x

Buffy, so whats the gen on this place for kids, is it a kid friendly pub, or would you suggest somewhere else if the kids are coming along.

Dmacca

Edited by Dmacca

Buffy, so whats the gen on this place for kids, is it a kid friendly pub, or would you suggest somewhere else if the kids are coming along.

Dmacca

There will be 3 Chilblains in the Innes bus that I know of, so this is important to me too Dmacca. What's the craic Buffy? Caley D is driving so it will up to him at the end of the day.

Dmacca

Looks like there might have to be a split here, Dmacca...

The Commercial is brilliant pub - just like Buffy says - great craic, and an excellent selection of real ales. Serious drinkers (like Gringo) will definitely appreciate it!

It was my local at one time - well that and a few others! No kids allowed there as far as I know, and there won't be any free food.

Families with kids will be much happier in the East End Inn with the free buffet.

Caley D is driving so it will up to him at the end of the day.

I think that might just cause your bus to veer in the direction of the pub that's offering free food!

:lol:

How far is it from one pub to the other?...if I can't hi-jack the bus (or get dropped off) then I'll just have to walk from the East End fizz shop.

Edited by Gringo
typo

Caley D is driving so it will up to him at the end of the day.

I think that might just cause your bus to veer in the direction of the pub that's offering free food!

:lol:

How far is it from one pub to the other?...if I can't hi-jack the bus (or get dropped off) then I'll just have to walk from the East End fizz shop.

They're about two miles apart....

The East End Inn is probably just over a mile to the east of East End Park...

The Commercial is in the centre of town - just less than a mile west of EEP...

Not everyone will understand this comment...

The Commercial is a very friendly and very cosmopolitan pub... All will be welcome (apart from kids)

If you're going to the East End Inn, ye'll hae tae tak a lang spoon wae ya, ken....

The pubs are both about the same distance from the ground (as per google maps), but are in opposite directions.

As we'll have kids on the minibus then I'll definitely be heading for the East End Inn. If enough people on the bus want to head to the Commercial then I'll happily run them over there (one advantage of getting down there in plenty time), but I will be going to the East End Inn myself and you'll then have to make your own way to the ground from the Commercial.

I'll be taking minibus up to the Ground so those at East End Inn can have an extra 10 minutes boozing :D

Are there any places left on the mini bus CaleyD, usually we go with the supporters coach but would be good to take a different mode, if so that would be myself, son & daughter, no worries if not possible.

Dmacca

It's a 15 min walk from the Commercial to East End Park.

Be glad to see some of ye, and understand completely about the no kids zone bit. If yer driving here, better to be dropped off either at EEP and walk in different directions or indeed be dropped off in the town (on Carnegie Drive would be yer best bet, or even just outside Debenhams...the Commercial is only 2mins from there. Plenty fans go there before the match, and it makes for an enjoyable walk to East End after. Quite a few of us head back there after the game also.

If only our bleedin' club would get something decent in place for away fans we wouldnae need town / out of town pubs....

Rant oer lol

Buffy x

attached - map of toon centre, and where the pubs are. (If you've been to the Elizabethan before, the EEI is basically right behind it, at Touch).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...037036&z=15

A - Commercial, B - East End Inn

and this second link is a map showing the distance from Commercial to East End Park, (dinnae say i'm no' good to ye!)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...037036&z=15

If I can be of any further help, just let me know.

Buff x

I've got a great idea.....drop the kids off at the Landmark Centre and we'll all go to the Commercial... :D :D

Get the beers ready Buffy....I'll be there...xx