FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dear Mr Butcher

Renegade

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renegade, I'm surprised you didn't advise Mr Butcher more specifically on what formation and line-up we should be playing.

I'm fairly sure if you'd included one of your legendary line-ups he would realise that you are not simply an average moaning fan. Indeed, his eyes would have been opened by your innovative approach and I'm certain he'd be printing it off and passing it around the coaching staff and dressing room to see their response.

I'm still working out my tactics for next season, but they're the best yet, and much simpler too. I'm post them on here in a couple of days.

Renegade, are your other ideas playing Djebi-Zadi behind the strikers and signing up rugby players from Fiji to play centre-half? Why not include these in your 'open letter'?

Actually you'll find I didn't say ICT should sign rugby players, I was talking about internationalists from these countries.

One competitive match and your telling the manager how to do it, what managerial skills do you bring to the table, Ive tried not to comment on this but come on, Ren are you on the wind up!! Give the man a chance, there was/is loads of reasons for him not to have gone out all guns blazing? The league (which this season is more important than anything else) some of our key players are out, and look what happened at the game.. Foran and Hayes out with knocks?. Ok Barrowman didn't pull is weight and Duncan was just Duncan but its one game FFS!! Give the man time, It's a new league for him! And I for one think he's worked wonders with the team and the amount of cash given to him.. he's trying his best. End of story. As said before 4 games in if we are still in this situation then maybe?

I beleve the leauge games wont be as all out and cause us injurys as the other team wont want the knocks, where as the lower leauge teams are going for giant killing cup runs...

Edited by georgeios

This has nothing to do with the game the other day, I would've put this thread up whatever the score had been, and even if there hadn't been a game at all. The man's had six months to show us what he can do, and he's seems to be dead set on playing as a Tokely centre-half when it is obvious it is not his best postition, went with a Division One keeper at best, dropping an experienced and all round better keeper when the results were most vital and seems to go with Brewster-esque hoofing. It was things like this that meant his careers at his other clubs (except Motherwell) went down in flames. I'm just giving Butcher a helpful hint, especially when these things are extremely obvious.

who said its not going to work, If we'd pumped then 8-0 I'll bet you a quid you wouldnt have posted your "letter", give the guy a chance, if in 3 mths its still not working then yes by all means have a pop at his managerial decisions when hes the boss, Im keeping with him untill 4 games in, if we are losing then yes, if his tactics mean we are winning but scrappy then its a win, if its clear winning games then his job is done!!

Actually I was going to post thuis thread no matter what. In fact, I was also going to post a thread called "Dear Mr Brewster" last season, but when I got rounf to it IHE had just made one called "Dear Craig", so you can send me that quid whenever you like. I do agree with you to an extent though, if ICT go lets 10 games and it doesn't look good then that is the time to start looking at Butcher carefully, if by say Christmas time, it aint looking good, then I for one will call for Butcher to step aside (and take that clueless Malpas with him [don't want him as boss, oh God no!]).

I'm just giving Butcher a helpful hint, especially when these things are extremely obvious.

and take that clueless Malpas with him

If only Terry had hired you as his assistant instead of someone he's previously formed a proven and experienced partnership with eh...

That's not really what I meant, I reckon it's almost inevitable that whenever Butcher goes Malpas will get the managers job, and to put it frankly, that'll Brewster MK2.

Dear Renegade,

Please be quiet now, the mans new to the div, hes newish to the team, to be looking at him in the same light as Brew is just Ridicules and a non-starter, If after 10 games with nothing then I'll jump on your band wagon.

If TB and MM were to throw in the tower then Renegade for Manager :blink:

If he's not good enough IYO then who would be.. John Robb is a step back, Im guessing short of Alex Ferg wouldnt be enough for you....

As for MM being the next brewster.. on what authority have you got that information from...

Regards

Georgeios,

King of my Castle.

Edited by georgeios

That's not really what I meant, I reckon it's almost inevitable that whenever Butcher goes Malpas will get the managers job, and to put it frankly, that'll Brewster MK2.

Yeah! Butcher and Malpas must go! It starts here!

For gods sake don't start this "Butcher Must Go" nonsence after one diddy cup game. Everyone should give him their full support and pass comment after the first quarter of the league campaign.

As for MM being the next brewster.. on what authority have you got that information from...

Well it's pretty simple:

Brewster Managerial Career - ICT (1st spell) - Relative Success

- Dundee United - DISASTER

- ICT (2nd spell) - DISASTER

Malpas Managerial Career - Motherwell - DISASTER

The fans hated him and campaigned for his dismissal sound familliar.

- SWINDON - DISASTER

Need I say more?

Wow!

Steady on Renegade...

I admire your honesty here and cannot dispute anything you say, but fear you will upset the Butcher Appreciation Society with some of your comments on this thread...

Some of these misguided unfortunates still believe that TB and MM are the best thing that ever happened to ICT.

You should consider disabling your PM box - otherwise it will fill up with nasty, offensive, and anonymous (of course) hate mail...

Trust me - I've been there!

Well it's pretty simple:

- SWINDON - DISASTER

Need I say more?

Come on Renegade, give it time. It only seems to be you that's stirring the pot and having a go at MM. What the hell has he done to you to deserve this stick?

I'm not having a go at him, I'm just hoping the board doesn't do the inevitable and employ him as boss. Before Brew came back many many people on here said it would be a disaster (myself included), and turned out to be right. Now I'm saying the Board shouldn't do the inevitable and give Malpas the job, which would no doubt be another disaster. Would you be pleased if you woke up tomorrow and found out Butcher had gone and the board had given Malpas the job? I wouldn't. He may be a good assistant, but as an out and out manager he is pretty inept.

What concerned me most about Saturdays performance was that after it people had already started saying that we need "someone like Robbie Winters". How long till someone proposes Charlie Miller be looked at as a possible signing?

I'm not having a go at him, I'm just hoping the board doesn't do the inevitable and employ him as boss.

Wheres TB gone?

Before Brew came back many many people on here said it would be a disaster (myself included), and turned out to be right.

TB isnt a disaster yet...

Now I'm saying the Board shouldn't do the inevitable and give Malpas the job,

Has TB left, untill such time as he leaves i think that talk of MM being boss is pointless and stupid

which would no doubt be another disaster. Would you be pleased if you woke up tomorrow and found out Butcher had gone

Yes, I also wouldnt like to wake up to find my GF had left, but she hasnt so I'll deal with it if and when it happens..

and the board had given Malpas the job? I wouldn't. He may be a good assistant, but as an out and out manager he is pretty inept.

See above, dude this is a stupid thread, im not a butcher hater/lover Im just someone who gives chances... give it up

Well it's pretty simple:

- SWINDON - DISASTER

Need I say more?

If we are going on that theory, then Butchers 1st spell here will be a success and that is what we are wanting. So if he leaves us after success, as long as we don't go back to him in the future we are sorted.

Before Brew came back many many people on here said it would be a disaster (myself included)

You only joined the forum last season. :blink:

maybe he thought that in his head, instead of posting his dislike.. Im still waiting for Rens tactical formations to come up, Im guessing 1 - - 10..

Wow!

Steady on Renegade...

I admire your honesty here and cannot dispute anything you say, but fear you will upset the Butcher Appreciation Society with some of your comments on this thread...

Some of these misguided unfortunates still believe that TB and MM are the best thing that ever happened to ICT.

You should consider disabling your PM box - otherwise it will fill up with nasty, offensive, and anonymous (of course) hate mail...

Trust me - I've been there!

Well I can confirm that as of yet I've received zero nasty, offensive hate mail over questioning Terry Butcher. But here's the thing, there was a time on here when if anyone said anything positive about Brewster, it was perceived to be the most taboo, disgusting thing on Earth, and I feel it's sort of the same now with people questioning Butcher. I don't know whether or not Butcher will be the man to lead ICT over the course of next season, but I'm not sure he's as great a boss as some make him out to be. He's great at PR, there's no doubt about that, but tactical errors like moving Tokely to centre-half, isn't a million miles away from what Brew did with Proctor, and when you look at the way he went into the last game of last season with Mihadjuks at right back was almost identical to what Brew did the December before with Proctor at CB and Duff at RB. Is Butcher the man for the job? For me it remains to be seen.

I agree, Roony....jesus! I really dont know why this guy got a professional start at football. Give me Barrowman anyday. He just never ever looks like a scoring a goal. Not even a chance...he gets the ball, he wont have it 2 seconds later.

Was he not one of our top scorers last season? got around 6 or 7?

Also on the topic I think it's a little early to be attacking Butcher. This is only really his team now. Sure he brought in a couple in January to try and fix the mess he was left with.

(remember He only really signed Foran and Odiambho. Mihadcjuks, Morais, Gatheussi and Byrne were all brought in by Brewster)

Now he has some of his own players. A good deal of young and hungry guys (Sanchez, Eagles, Stratford, Odiambho) looking to get their careers going alongside 5 or 6 seasoned SPL and SFL campaigners (Tokely, McBain, Munro, Esson, Hastings, Duncan to name a few).

He has a good blend and just needs to tinker with the balance. Fair enough in 10 games time if we're lagging then have a go but after a challenge cup game and 1 CIS game which we won both of is it really time to panic. Really?

just to get this clear from your post who are you saying CB and TB took in, it was TB that took in Foran, and IIRC he also took in Mihadcjuks, Morais and Kerr in his short time taking over with the transfer window.. Defo foran was TB's thought...