FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bands you don't play anymore

Glen Mhor

Tastes change but do others have albums by bands they were once into but don't play any more ? Maybe I should listen to them again but these are mine:-

Pearl Jam

Big Country

American Hi-Fi

Nirvana

A

Alice In Chains

Jane's Addiction

Ash

Creed

Shed Seven

Radiohead

I still play a lot of my old stuff having replaced most of my vinyl with Cds...

Fleetwoods

Fairports

Faces

Free

Bad Company

P.Floyd

Jefferson Airplane

Jethro Tull

Richard Thompson

Crosby Pills Hash

Buffalo Springfield

Little Feat

America

Don't bother much with old Beatles or Stones - having flogged them all to death, although the very early Stones stuff still sounds really good.

I am very habitual about my music. I have many different artists in my collection but get by by listening to very few of them. And i can honestly say, i always revisit all my long term faves from time to time (am talking Simple Minds, Big Country, The Cult...real blasts from the past)

The nearest thing to a crisis (musically speaking) was with The Waterboys. After seeing them live at Belladrum, it took the shine off them for me. not that they were crap (i think) more coz, i couldnt sodding well hear them. It was the quietest gig i ever been to. So, as i say, they fell out of favour with me a bit after that. In saying that, the Fishermans Blues album is an absolute classic for me and will always get aired every so often.

Edited by SMEE

I think this question could well be relative to age. I think a lot of the younger generation are exposed to a lot more throw away music these days than those of us lucky enough to grow up with REAL music, which will still be listened to in 40 yrs time!

I think this question could well be relative to age. I think a lot of the younger generation are exposed to a lot more throw away music these days than those of us lucky enough to grow up with REAL music, which will still be listened to in 40 yrs time!

:) Couldn't agree more smee

I am very habitual about my music. I have many different artists in my collection but get by by listening to very few of them. And i can honestly say, i always revisit all my long term faves from time to time (am talking Simple Minds, Big Country, The Cult...real blasts from the past)

The nearest thing to a crisis (musically speaking) was with The Waterboys. After seeing them live at Belladrum, it took the shine off them for me. not that they were crap (i think) more coz, i couldnt sodding well hear them. It was the quietest gig i ever been to. So, as i say, they fell out of favour with me a bit after that. In saying that, the Fishermans Blues album is an absolute classic for me and will always get aired every so often.

Hi Smee i am same as you with my music, saw the waterboys 1986 at the Milton Keynes Bowl supporting Simple Minds (if I remember right the Cult also played that gig, great stuff) WB were superb, though long time ago...just got round to listening to the Jam again, great, listen to quite alot of old stuff, aint much new that does anything for me, and of course BIG COUNTRY well been listening to the Rarities VII album tonight whilst BBQing over looking Loch Ness, what more can one say!! Or am I being abit of a Dreamer :rolleyes:

I keep on thinking 'm going to make up a couple of cd's from the old vinyl, scratches and all eh?

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Peter Green

Simple Minds

The bluebells????

Rod Stewart

Big Country

Sutherland bros & Quiver

Frankie Miller

Talking Heads ( see David Byrne is playing Edin. playhouse this sat.)

Oh aye and YES

Edited by caley100

Bros

New Kids on the Block non of that NKOTB!!

Big Fun

Rick Astley

Saneta

Off topic thought.

In all honesty, I still really only listen to my "Old stuff" Pearl Jam are still going and writing new stuff all the time, they are fantastic, but old CD/LP's I still listen to are Queen (Any of there pre Magic stuff) Sound Garden, RHCP, Lacuna Coil, Smashing Pumpkins, Therapy, Not Nirvana (to many kids acting like they "Were there") I like all that kinda stuff and now and again will find one ive not listened to for a while and its on again!!!! The only new CD I can remember buying that wasnt Pearl Jam, was Kings of leon << fantastic!

Michael Jackson(Not so much a band)

Wonder how many people could have mentioned him a month or so ago, but have changed since.

I'd never turn over the Radio if he was on, great Act but I didnt like his case's and the millions of out of court settlements, he is/was good though....

Wonder how many people could have mentioned him a month or so ago, but have changed since.

I'd never turn over the Radio if he was on, great Act but I didnt like his case's and the millions of out of court settlements, he is/was good though....

I feel old reading this I still play beatles and stones,

I feel old reading this I still play beatles and stones,

Ahhh the beatles.. fantastic dude.. im only 30 all be it i never bought them when it was a new release but Revolver.. what an album, ive got some old vinels of theres, Magic Mistery on Double disk with book EPs in my collection too, even have some Quary men and stuff they did in hamburgh with Mr T Sherringham.. mint.. I forgot about having there stuff... wheres my Records box????